Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So new away kit, its our purple 'third' kit from last year..

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Black third kit, with blue stripes at the bottom of the shirt.

• Options
    The black with blue stripes should be the away. Much better than the purple. Doesn't really matter though, already got my protest shirt ordered.
  • Options
    Very nice indeed .
  • Options
  • Options
    Coventry's kit....basically
  • Options
    Where has it been confirmed.that the purple is the away?
  • Options

Where has it been confirmed.that the purple is the away?

From O/S

Meanwhile, last season's purple third strip has been designated as the Addicks' away strip for 2016/17 and will once again be available to purchase alongside the new home and away kits, with all three shirts sporting the logos of new sponsor BETDAQ and back-of-shirt sponsor ITRM.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-third-kit-rreveal-facebook-live-3200474.aspx#R6wSxAKGaj0cocgQ.99
  • Options
    Cheers didnt see that hit
  • Options
    Third kit looked good today.
  • Options
    Third kit is nicest we have had in years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What will we wear away to Northampton? Claret is too close to red, purple are definitely out, and I'd argue that the full black back of the third is too close too, especially if it rains and the kits get darker as they take on moisture
  • Options
    Lovely shirt that. Shame about the sponsor. And the fact I've bought a protest shirt because I don't want to give them any of my money. Fingers crossed that Teixeira and Lookman think it's so nice they'd rather stay at the club and wear it than leave for better football, more money and fewer insane CEOs
  • Options

Lovely shirt that. Shame about the sponsor. And the fact I've bought a protest shirt because I don't want to give them any of my money. Fingers crossed that Teixeira and Lookman think it's so nice they'd rather stay at the club and wear it than leave for better football, more money and fewer insane CEOs

Easily bought here without the sponsor. And albeit without the Charlton badge but it'd be a great protest if people bought and wore this instead, for less than half the price: http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/products/Nike-Striped-Division-II-SS-Jersey-Mens-Football-Teamwear-Black-Royal-Blue-White-133155.aspx?
  • Options

Splodge said:

I heard nike insist on clubs having three kits

Not true. Just Sport have been providing kits for Southend for years and the merch in their shop is identical to ours, but they've not had a third kit for years
    Yeah but did Katrien Meire negotiate their contract?
    The original contract goes back to 2012, well before Meire, and it was a condition that the club has three kits each season, I believe - certainly annual changes.

I have no view on the purple kit issue but it suggests they didn't sell many last year, if anything. I'm not sure many would buy it again to reflect the change of sponsor and any stock would be outdated - unless sold cut-price with UoG branding, which is unlikely to please Betdaq.
    Hasn't it been renewed since then though?
    I think it has been renewed. Normal agreements are for 3 or 4 years and so this is now the 5th year of Nike Teamwear template kits for Charlton and Just Sport running the clubshop.
  • Options
    Why couldn't they just have kept the white away kit from last season? ? Purple away Black third doesn't make sense!
  • Options

Ross said:

How many teams play in red and purple stripes?

Red or purple would clash with Northampton. Who, incidentally have the same home kit design as Charlton from Kits R Us.
    And the same away kit as us too, with white instead of purple and black instead of lime.
  • Options
    Can't understand why both of our away kits are dark
  • Options
    Boysie said:

Because away kits aren't chosen with any thought towards practicality anymore, they're chosen based on a design that might sell. It's why Chelsea always make sure they have an away kit that's similar enough to their first kit, usually a black one, so that they need a third kit they can flaunt on TV and sell. Why a third division team would need three kits is anyone's guess anyway.

I doubt we'll come up against many teams playing red and purple stripes this season so the third kit will be chosen for an arbitrary game, most likely one that's on TV. Like when we played Fulham at their place two season ago. Could have just worn our red kit, definitely could have worn our black kit, instead wore that shocking yellow and orange number to try and advertise it. Insane.
  • Options

Boysie said:

Because away kits aren't chosen with any thought towards practicality anymore, they're chosen based on a design that might sell. It's why Chelsea always make sure they have an away kit that's similar enough to their first kit, usually a black one, so that they need a third kit they can flaunt on TV and sell. Why a third division team would need three kits is anyone's guess anyway.

I doubt we'll come up against many teams playing red and purple stripes this season so the third kit will be chosen for an arbitrary game, most likely one that's on TV. Like when we played Fulham at their place two season ago. Could have just worn our red kit, definitely could have worn our black kit, instead wore that shocking yellow and orange number to try and advertise it. Insane.
    Agreed. There's no need for us to have a third kit other than to make money. A purple one can be worn at Swindon, Fleetwood etc. There's no one wearing anything that neither the home or away could be used for.

So the best way for this to backfire on the club is if they lose money, by not selling enough kits. That's where the supporters come into it but a lot of people, especially parents, will not consider this and just buy the kits anyway, making it profitable for the club and they'll do the same next season - releasing three new kits, which is effectively what they are doing this year by re-releasing the purple with a new sponsor.