Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sun Are Scum Mk 152919521959219521

Comments

• Headline writer been on the marching powder, what a strange way to show support

That headline is brilliant. Hilarious, in fact.
    Pretty good for creativity I reckon.
  • Why would it have been the perfect night , we got through .
    I think he’s gonna be the match winner in one of our 3 remaining games !
    He’s due a good one !!
  • TelMc32 said:

Headline writer been on the marching powder, what a strange way to show support

That headline is brilliant. Hilarious, in fact.
    Righto...could have been written in the bogs at Wembley!! Still twats!!
    Yes and yes. Doesn't affect it's place on the funny scale, though.
  • I hope Sterling scores the winner in the final. He put in a good shift last night, and was more of a threat than Dele hit the deck Alli or Jesse no first touch Lingaard.

I don’t mind him at all - but to say Sterling had a better first touch than ANYONE last night would be very questionable.

In the first half I’m sure he was wearing boots made of Flubber.
  • Daily Mail at it now.

Just got to a World Cup Quarter Final and they have to pick at Sterling

To be fair, I'm sure the DM had the happy story and headline elsewhere. Just because we win, it doesn't mean that very article has to be complimentary

And reading EVERY match thread on this site, Sterling gets more stick here!
  • IdleHans said:

The Mail says he was 'hooked' in the 88th minute. It doesn't say we were winning until Sterling was subbed.

The DM is as big a shit rag as the Sun.

Worse I would say. I have met loads of people who think the DM is a serious paper, whereas nobody thinks the Sun is.
  • if that's their main headline about the match then its poor. if its a side headline about the game then I completely agree with it. another frustrating display by sterling. played like Harriott yesterday. running straight into defenders. bullied by their CBs.

still he wasn't as bad as Vardey. wasn't the right circumstance for that type of forward. personally think Rashford should of come on instead of Vardey as we needed someone to be able to hole the ball and possibly win a free kick. similar to what Kane was doing near the end.
  • Sponsored links:

• Daily Mail at it now.

Just got to a World Cup Quarter Final and they have to pick at Sterling

Did you see the BBC's impossible job? There is a section of the press, the second level of reporter, who's task is to build a hatchet job on the manager/team for when they get knocked out.
  • Not a big fan of Noël Edmonds but not surprised to see Sun in massive bullshit story shocker again. Main stock in trade for them tbf.
  • Did he mention buying us with @Yvette_Fielding , that’s bound to cheer him up
  • Good on him... Met him a few times when he lived two doors up from an ex girlfriend in new ash green. Was a radio 1 dj then and lived in a mid terrace house. How times have changed.
  • price hike to 55p this morning
  • Fair play to Noel, good on him to post the video.
  • Tabloid paper press seems to be in its death throes

Unfortunately the internet has more than made up for it as have people feeding this beast by insisting on videoing absolutely anything and everything with no sense of social appropriety for holding a camera literally in someone's face in the hope of getting likes or 250 quid. People I don't know shove mobile devices in my face or I see them recording on the sly the device gets a crash test.

It just seemed to happen overnight now tons, thousands of people do this every day

I know this isn't in direct relation to the bullshit they've obviously printed about Noel Edmonds but it still applies and is relevant
  • Sponsored links:

• I notice that the sun have a story on their website today about Marcus Rashford buying another million pound home and as if they know people will get at them they have told us he's doing this as a "solid investment"
  • Carter said:

Tabloid paper press seems to be in its death throes

Unfortunately the internet has more than made up for it as have people feeding this beast by insisting on videoing absolutely anything and everything with no sense of social appropriety for holding a camera literally in someone's face in the hope of getting likes or 250 quid. People I don't know shove mobile devices in my face or I see them recording on the sly the device gets a crash test.

It just seemed to happen overnight now tons, thousands of people do this every day

I know this isn't in direct relation to the bullshit they've obviously printed about Noel Edmonds but it still applies and is relevant

Can work the other way though.

Years ago before social media, many people reading that Noel Edmonds story might have believed it, now within 60 seconds he can film a video and post it up for the world to see and the story is dismissed as utter shit.
  • Carter said:

Years ago before social media, many people reading that Noel Edmonds story might have believed it, now within 60 seconds he can film a video and post it up for the world to see and the story is dismissed as utter shit.
    Yeah that's a valid point, I still think the dice is loaded the other way but I agree with you
  • Carter said:

It's interesting to see the traditional media getting turned over by social media and shown for what they are. I've particularly noticed it in the entertainment sector where fans are making their voice heard rather than quietly accepting what the press tell them they should like.

The press are writing positive reviews in return for access/preview/interviews and whatever other goodies they get while the actual fans are on the youtube/twitter etc pointing out in detail what actual horrendous rubbish the latest Dr Who/Star Wars/Star Trek is.