Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sun Are Scum Mk 152919521959219521

Comments

• just skim read through the last two pages, so apologies if this has already been mentioned. but i think it’s a tribute to his dad who got shot when raheem was 2
  • Whilst wearing a back pack!
  • Didn't know that as well. Even mentions him in the first paragraph of the stabbing item. Absolutely bizarre.
  • Must say the press in your country is quite funny/ridiculous/irresponsible sometimes, especially papers like The Sun. Football is England's biggest sport correct? And the national team is preparing for the biggest tournament at the moment. The last thing the players (or one player in this case) need is a distraction like this. Can't the papers just save all these worthless 'stories' until the WC is over?
  • If only, Jessie. If only.
  • Sponsored links:

Well, it's clear that they think this is the best time to write these stories. So I say they're sort of being irresponsible. All they care about is their own interest.

Well, it's clear that they think this is the best time to write these stories. So I say they're sort of being irresponsible. All they care about is their own interest.
    There will be worse examples before the World Cup is over. We can be sure of that.
  • edited May 2018

Didn't know that as well. Even mentions him in the first paragraph of the stabbing item. Absolutely bizarre.

I have a sword tattoo - well a hand holding one! That is closer to a knife and could be linked to stabbings. of course my tattoo has a different meaning, it represents my football club and Sterling's has his own meaning which he has explained, though he shouldn't have needed to. I am fed up with that vile rag. Sterling could be a key player for us in the World Cup and what purpose does it serve go after him unjustly? Linking Sterling to deaths from stabbings with pictures of the victims and Sterling is about as low as you can go!
  • edited May 2018
    I'd honestly hope that the story is so ridiculous that the players arent giving it a moments thought

Might even be a good story actually as could imagine a few of the players winding him up about it in a banterish way

If they're letting it get to them then their mentality is bloody weak!!
  • A boycott of the paper by England fans might send Sterling and the lads a good message! And stop them doing it again!
  • Whether responsible or not, role model or not that is one shit, cheap looking tattoo.
  • Daily Mail today has a horrible article written by a clearly football hating journo blaming everything from gun crime to world peace on Sterling and yet Martin Samuel in the same paper (great sports journo and the ONLY reason to look at the Mail) writes a fantastic balanced piece in the sports section.
  • RedRyan said:

The comparison to a cancer tumor tattoo doesn't really stack up though does it?

It's not just about his dad, it's about the life he could have ended up leading. He was born in a gun-crime heavy area of Jamaica. His mother got him and his sister out and into London when he was five or six years old, but he also managed to escape falling into that life through football. Having the tattoo reflects on the way his life could have gone - and his comments about 'shooting with his right foot' shows that he's grateful that football gave him the opportunity and security to avoid it.

Relevant:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-raheem-sterling-dad-9644884

All that said, I'm not sure how many kids who look up to him as a role model will really follow the full meaning behind the tattoo, and how many will just think it's glamourising guns and violence. But the real travesty is that all the good deeds he does - the stuff that would genuinely make him a good role model - gets nowhere near the same amount of attention.

That’s why I said my dad never died of a two foot carp

Tattoos on people mean something to the individual that is all and based on that fact it doesn’t matter what anyone has tattooed

Programs like Miami ink and London ink started getting people to divulge their reasoning behind the tattoo and it’s normally just bollox
    But why do we give a sh!t why a footballer has had a tattoo?
  • wow better all get our CAFC tattoos redone with that knife on show after the protectors of our moral well being UK journalists like it to stabbings in London
  • Sponsored links:

• They’ve got Damilola Taylor’s dad involved now. They really are scummy bastards.
  • i'm not seeing a lot of public support for their position, why carry on?

still the biggest newspaper by circulation - who still buys this shite?

every greasy spoon (outside of Liverpool) in the country

I guess its got people talking and wanting to read whats happened next when another edition gets released with a similar sort of headline to the original story
  • They are quick enough to message random people on twitter to ask to use there photos.

yet they cant offer a simple apology to a grieving widow for something that could cause unmentionable heartbreak.

Disgraceful 100% disgraceful
  • They are quick enough to message random people on twitter to ask to use there photos.

yet they cant offer a simple apology to a grieving widow for something that could cause unmentionable heartbreak.

Disgraceful 100% disgraceful

Widower, agree with the rest.