Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sun Are Scum Mk 152919521959219521

1789101113»

Comments

  • On the ITV news last night, they said there had been a headline in the sun about Ben Stokes but that they'd chosen to not say what it was. 

    I understand  why they did that, but I think that does more harm than good as it just encourages people to go to the sun website to check it out. 
    I did think they should have clarified and said it was a story painful to innocent people including Stokes' mum and dad.
  • MrOneLung said:
    No comments on the guardians editorial regarding David Cameron yesterday?

    how he felt pain when his son died but it was privileged pain 
    For some reason doesn’t seem to rile people up as much when it is someone from a ‘upper class’ background.

    personally I think it is just as disgusting as the Ben Stokes story (which is bloody filthy from the Sun).

    Guardian and Sun are both gutter press IMO 
    I suppose Cameron being the architect of the current mess the country is in means he gets less support than someone who improved the English cricket-loving part of the country's pride in itself, albeit temporarily.

    Also, I believe the Guardian removed their comment within 2 hours and apologised unreservedly for what they called an error of judgement. Doesn't make it right but at least they recognised they'd got it badly wrong. Meanwhile The Sun operates on a different set of principles.
    The first issue is irrelevant, if the comment had been about Blair or Brown or Sadiq Khan (or Corbyn) it still would have been nasty and unacceptable

    The difference is that the Grauniad made one nasty comment which they have withdrawn and apologised for, whereas it's the whole Sun story which is nasty, and they have shown no remorse.
  • MrOneLung said:
    No comments on the guardians editorial regarding David Cameron yesterday?

    how he felt pain when his son died but it was privileged pain 
    For some reason doesn’t seem to rile people up as much when it is someone from a ‘upper class’ background.

    personally I think it is just as disgusting as the Ben Stokes story (which is bloody filthy from the Sun).

    Guardian and Sun are both gutter press IMO 
    I suppose Cameron being the architect of the current mess the country is in means he gets less support than someone who improved the English cricket-loving part of the country's pride in itself, albeit temporarily.

    Also, I believe the Guardian removed their comment within 2 hours and apologised unreservedly for what they called an error of judgement. Doesn't make it right but at least they recognised they'd got it badly wrong. Meanwhile The Sun operates on a different set of principles.
    Wasn't aware they had any - principles that is.
  • For The Sun, it's just another day. Publishing heartless, despicable material is their MO.
  • Vincenzo said:
    For The Sun, it's just another day. Publishing heartless, despicable material is their MO.
    They are only able to do keep going for “another day” if people keep reading this rubbish. Ignore it and, eventually, it will literally go away. 
  • So I don't follow cricket but the Irish Maradona Andy Reid tweeted about it and I was like "wonder what they've done now?" 

    I must have said "Oh my god" out loud two or three times while reading about it (not in The Sun). Just absolutely disgusting. I can't...I can't begin to imagine. What an awful tragedy. What an absolutely awful thing to write about. And why? 
  • Someone should be targeting their advertisers.

  • edited September 19
    SDAddick said:
    So I don't follow cricket but the Irish Maradona Andy Reid tweeted about it and I was like "wonder what they've done now?" 

    I must have said "Oh my god" out loud two or three times while reading about it (not in The Sun). Just absolutely disgusting. I can't...I can't begin to imagine. What an awful tragedy. What an absolutely awful thing to write about. And why? 
    Because it titillates the morons that buy this paper. This isn’t particularly unusual behaviour from this rag, football fans particularly should know that.
  • Sponsored links:


  • “The press are just a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuck offs and misfits- a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo cage.”

    Hunter S Thompson......Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.
  • edited September 19
    Anyone seen the press conference where Klopp tells Sun journo he won't speak to the Sun anymore ? Good for him
    Think that was a long time ago, it had something to do with a story he knew they were about to run about Dejan Lovren's wife having an affair.
  • Anyone seen the press conference where Klopp tells Sun journo he won't speak to the Sun anymore ? Good for him
    Think that was a long time ago, it had something to do with a story he knew they were about to run about Dejan Lovren's wife having an affair.
    Another story clearly in the public interest. Absolute shitrag 
  • Anyone seen the press conference where Klopp tells Sun journo he won't speak to the Sun anymore ? Good for him
    Think that was a long time ago, it had something to do with a story he knew they were about to run about Dejan Lovren's wife having an affair.
    Yes - it was 2016 I think - I was coming at it from the angle that someone of his standing in a business where the media play a big part, he stepped up and called them out - plenty of managers would not have gone that far

    That said I dont know if he has stayed the course and still won't speak to them 
  • The Daily Record can fuck off and all. 


  • The Daily Record can fuck off and all. 


    WTF is wrong with people 
  • No idea. They took it down and I don't believe they apologised for it.

    Unless you mean how comes you're comment got a like and mine didn't, which I also have no idea about!
  • No idea. They took it down and I don't believe they apologised for it.

    Unless you mean how comes you're comment got a like and mine didn't, which I also have no idea about!
    I was reluctant to like your post as didnt want it to look as though I was liking the headline from the Daily Record
  • Sponsored links:


  • No idea. They took it down and I don't believe they apologised for it.

    Unless you mean how comes you're comment got a like and mine didn't, which I also have no idea about!
    I was reluctant to like your post as didnt want it to look as though I was liking the headline from the Daily Record
    You don't have to explain yourself to the likes of me!
  • Obviously don't fit in here, but I buy it most Saturdays.
    Think the horse racing section is very good, not over burdening with information like a dedicated racing paper.
    The football section is also a good read for compiling my weekend fixed odds coupon.
    Will cast my eye over the third page and try and guess the outcome to of the Dierdrie photo casebook dilemma.
    Skip the remainder.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Roland Out!