Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Sun Are Scum Mk 152919521959219521

Comments

• Rudders22 said:
    Trouble is what can Stokes sue them for?  Wrongly or rightly it is in the public eye (NZ), 
    Well Stokes mentions that there were inaccuracies in the Sun's story so them straight away surely?

Trouble is the likes of the Sun / Daily Mail dont care if they get taken to court or sued

They just issue their apologies and move on to the next target that they can find

And create another 'story' in the process.
  • Appalling behaviour by News Corp and terrible for the Stokes family to now have to deal with this.
  • I agree it is 600% not in the public interest. Absolutely disgusted.  His Mum and Dad did nothing wrong and neither did Stokes. What has this got to do with cricket? Is there a law now that it has to be in the public interest" otherwise the people like Stokes can sue the bastards. I now have a different view as to what happened in Bristol. At the time I felt he was guilty. However I am now 100% convinced he wasn't.  I am so glad that those 2 gay guys told the truth and weren't paid off to tell lies about Stokes. 
  • The Sun is just giving the public what they want, harsh but true.
  • Does the Sun make any money with its paper? Or are they hoping this leads to loads of extra web traffic and advertising. Love to see the individuals behind this being personally held to account, see how they like it
  • Stig said:
    It's time that the law was changed to force papers to print apologies the same size and prominence of the original article.  A few front page headlines "THE SUN GETS IT WRONG AGAIN" may consider them to be a bit more circumspect.
    Or just a month ban from being able to sell any papers?

That sort of headline would probably make people buy the paper to find out what the headline is about, same today with the Ben Stokes headline - Its all about creating clickbait to make money its all they care about

Take that away though from Newspapers with fines / bans then Im sure they'd be a lot more careful about what they release!!
  • Awful "newspaper" but if no one bought it they would either adapt or fold. And for that reason their readers although not as bad as the Sun they are not far behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stokes had the audacity to become a sporting hero to many during the Summer.

Perfect prey for these parasites.
  • Not seeing many people advising what newspaper should be bought/read instead
  • MrOneLung said:
    Not seeing many people advising what newspaper should be bought/read instead
    big issue
  • I see a number of you guys are calling The Sun a newspaper................it ceased being that decades ago.
    I echo the views of other posters who would like to see it go the same way as The News of the World.
    I can’t believe that the sun wasn’t doing the same as tnotw. 
  • edited September 2019
    I see a number of you guys are calling The Sun a newspaper................it ceased being that decades ago.
    I echo the views of other posters who would like to see it go the same way as The News of the World.
    ASAP!
    They got rid of the News of the World and introduced the Sunday Sun didn't they? People have to stop buying that piece of crap.
  • I see a number of you guys are calling The Sun a newspaper................it ceased being that decades ago.
    I’m trying to work out the meaning of your post?
  • I used to buy a newspaper to read on the train to work - then they started giving them out for free, then even those were so poor I couldn't be arsed. You can find more on your phone than you can in most newspapers.
  • Boycott the paper.  Full of crap anyway - half truths, blatant scare mongering and exaggeration just to sell copy.  I've never bought a single copy and never will.
  • Sponsored links:

The hacking scandal that closed tnotw.
  • What is the Sun's readership these days?

In 2019 i'm amazed anyone still buys a paper
  • cafc-west said:
    Boycott the paper.  Full of crap anyway - half truths, blatant scare mongering and exaggeration just to sell copy.  I've never bought a single copy and never will.
    Ditto.
    The hacking scandal that closed tnotw.
    Ah....righto.
  • As simeobe suggested, there should be a concerted effort to hack the search history of seniir Sun people - "including the reporter and slaughter them. 

I remember in the 80's The Sun and Mirror used to have about 4m + 3.5m respectively

I always like a good newspaper personally. I understand the internet is taking over but imo I'm more likely to read articles and opinions in paper form. I still read books in paper form as I find it easier. I also always print stuff out if I need to concentrate on what is written on it (I know possibly bad for the environment) unfortunately the newspapers have been going down hill for years and for some part weren't great to begin with. It's a shame as because of the lack of readership there can be some great journalism but the lot in charge don't like anything that they feel won't sell papers. So we get shit like this or shit like a so called half respected paper like the times can print. Camerons memoirs. Without any proper scrutiny on the author, one who likes to be known as Dave.  Of course there's the Tory propaganda that near on every paper bar the mirror print (labour propaganda in their case). 
    I still feel there's a place for newspapers but with their current output I doubt I can see it lasting much longer than the next generation. 
    So how things are going i can only see more poor journalism and propaganda. 
  • Just don't buy the fkn rag.