Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott (ed. Charged with rape)

Comments

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Immediately after returning from his loan stint at Colchester he looked brilliant, and had a very real effect in The Championship. He's proven at League One level to boot.

Letting him go would be a ludicrous decision.

Unfortunately may not be our decision to make, Heard few champ clubs sniffing around.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

Dazzler21 said:

Awful sound track

I'm surprised @Dazzler21, I had you down as an original Junglist!
    The original Junglist's are the Sheffield Wednesday fans... #MASSIVE
  • Options
    Love how Reading call it... MULTI-ANGLE we dont piss around and just call it what it is... GO PRO

• Options
    Who before this season would have predicted that Reading (Callum, Yann) would be riding high in 3rd, while QPR (Cousins) would be 5th bottom?
  • Options
    Didnt really want to open a new thread but what's happened to Callum?

Failed to make a single appearance for Reading last season due to injury and still out injured ahead of their game against Derby tonight

Is a shame for the lad as despite not being surprised if he'll make the grade at Reading / the Championship (I fully think we got the better deal when we signed Fosu from them) it's a shame to see his career being ruined by bad injuries at the moment
  • Options

Didnt really want to open a new thread but what's happened to Callum?

Failed to make a single appearance for Reading last season due to injury and still out injured ahead of their game against Derby tonight

Is a shame for the lad as despite not being surprised if he'll make the grade at Reading / the Championship (I fully think we got the better deal when we signed Fosu from them) it's a shame to see his career being ruined by bad injuries at the moment

Yea a great shame and I hope he recovers his career. Would have expected these injuries if he'd stayed!
  • Options
    Atleast he has his experince as a scout and a ticket office clerk to fall back on.
  • Options
    Gives him time to take his kids to the Emirates.
  • Options
    So, with Bowyer saying he won’t be offering him a contract, and seemingly instead signing Oztumer, how do we feel about that? Personally think it’s a great decision but of course we need to see how he does. 
  • Options
    I would have liked Harriott as something different. Yes Bowyer likes the diamond but the midfield does lack variety. With Harriott we could have had the option of going 433 with Leko on the other side. But I think Oztumer is the better player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think many are judging the player on who he was 3 or 4 years ago .... when he was young and inexperienced.

There were times that Harriot played very well for us, created and scored some vital goals - and proved a match winner. 
    But inconsistency is what young players are known for. 

He's older now and given a run of games, I've no doubt he could be effective.
    But does he fit Bowyer's system and complement the players we've already got?

The answer seems to be that our squad is currently fully stocked with midfielders - and while he might offer something different if Plan A doesn't work, he'd be a luxury that we don't really need at the moment.

• Options
    Think he would be good in League One  Ipswich were supposed to be interested  
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Think he would be good in League One  Ipswich were supposed to be interested  
    Callum would probably be a good fit for them, Richard.

• Options
    Hopefully he gets himself a deal elsewhere, Ipswich sounds a good fit. 
  • Options
    Clearly we were letting him play and train with us in case we didn’t get other targets (maybe Johnny, Erhun or even Hemed?) Anyway, shame for him but hope it goes well for him elsewhere. 
  • Options
    Scored a brilliant goal today
  • Options
    Scored a brilliant goal today
    Could we get him back on loan? :smile:

• Options
    I was literally thinking the same thing yesterday lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 goals and 5 assists this season, potential summer signing?
    Not for where we want to me going now, but I'm baffled how he ended up in L2, surely he'd be good enough for a mid table L1 side
  • Options
    What’s the obsession some of our fans have with signing ex players? I wonder if fans of other clubs have the same obsession.
  • Options
    Always had some kind of X factor and ability to score wonder goals (he scored quite a few for the u18s iirc), but goes missing with no final ball. League two is his level, will carve out a good career there and higher levels of non league when he’s older imo 
  • Options
    He was brilliant at the end of 12/13; not a lot after that , bar the 5 goal week at the end of the season after that 
  • Options
    No, realistically he’ll peak at a good League 1 side at best.

Our main focus should be on signing younger players who should stand out in a top League 1 side and have the potential to play in the Championship. They either then grow with us or are sold on for a profit.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Our main focus should be on signing younger players who should stand out in a top League 1 side and have the potential to play in the Championship. They either then grow with us or are sold on for a profit.
    So bit too good for us then ? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Scoham said:

You don’t expect us to have a better squad by the time the summer window closes?

Signings like Harriott will keep us where we are. We should be aiming to build a squad that can take us up automatically and won’t need another complete rebuild in the Championship.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Scoham said:

You don’t expect us to have a better squad by the time the summer window closes?

Signings like Harriott will keep us where we are. We should be aiming to build a squad that can take us up automatically and won’t need another complete rebuild in the Championship.
    Agreed, players in the bracket of Jaiyesimi - 21-25year olds who can improve with us and establish themselves in the championship. Allowing us to then sign other 21-25 year olds in the champ who could push on to the prem
  • Options
    Not a bad impact sub/squad player for league 1 surely? Pace and done well last year, plus out of contract.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!