Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who's the trainspotters now?

Comments

• Crystal Palace FC co-owner Jeremy Hosking is a prominent collector of vintage steam trains and we are delighted to be able to announce that Jeremy is organising a steam train journey to and from Southampton for our final league game of the 2015/2016 season on Sunday May 15th 2016.
    Wow.
  • All jokes aside, this is brilliant. The team will be joining the train for the return and the ticket includes beer & food.

Agree!

Jealous!
  • agree shame its palace but this would be a one off experience certainly a different spin on a matchday special.
  • The owner collects steam trains ? As in actual, full sized, trains ?
  • All jokes aside, this is brilliant. The team will be joining the train for the return and the ticket includes beer & food.

agreed, look great fun ... bastards :wink:
  • Absolutely fking great deal that.
  • This has done me. The fact Palace's co-owner is doing this for their fans, the fact that Palace are now in the PL with that smug wanker Pardew in charge & we're in League 1 with an owner that doesn't give a shit about us & a basket case of a club all over.
  • Sponsored links:

• KM has jumped on the bandwagon and arranged something similar for the first away game next season.

I once had a bit of an escapade on one of those in my youth......got chased by a diesel engine.
  • With all the engineering works at the moment, I'll be happy to just get a train to Charlton matches!

A nice idea though
  • edited April 2016
    se9addick said:

The owner collects steam trains ? As in actual, full sized, trains ?

I wonder how many he has, 1?!

All jokes aside, this is brilliant. The team will be joining the train for the return and the ticket includes beer & food.

£200 though...
  • se9addick said:

All jokes aside, this is brilliant. The team will be joining the train for the return and the ticket includes beer & food.

£200 though...
    45 for the ticket anyway though
  • se9addick said:

£200 though...
    But you do get to share a train back with Pardew...
  • edited April 2016

We'll be able to do it in a few years time. Hythe away in the league on the Romney Hythe & Dymchurch railway.

Just need it to link West London with Charlton and KM will be on board!
  • This has done me. The fact Palace's co-owner is doing this for their fans, the fact that Palace are now in the PL with that smug wanker Pardew in charge & we're in League 1 with an owner that doesn't give a shit about us & a basket case of a club all over.

Yeah but they are still Nigels and I wouldn't, for anything,want anything to do with that club and their scary ultras :neutral:
  • Probably pissed off, when they heard that eagles barbers was opening a round the corner from the ground.
  • edited April 2016
    Anyone know which engine they will be using? The Lord Dowding.