Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NCFC Chairman Quits

I see the Notts County Chairman/Owner has put the club up for sale, amidst fan pressure. Sad that it seemed to take threats to his family for this to be achieved, I wonder what other avenues they had explored. I also wonder what led the fans to want him out, anyone know anything about the situation there and whether there are any similarities with our own predicament?

Comments

• Options
    Let's hope the next one is ours
  • Options
    Probably still paying Sol Campbell off
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35659566

"Given the events of the weekend and the apparent confrontation Aileen Trew (Chairman's wife), had with a group of fans - and the feeling around the place - it's not an absolute shock.

"I know what can go on online. And if the Trews feel it has been serious enough, and face-to-face abuse as well, that that they have to step away from it then that is most unfortunate. You don't want anyone to come under such fire and vitriol."

So serious abuse & confrontation can work.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    As I live in the East Midlands area, its now featuring (as I type this) on BBC TV Regional news.....talking about 'toxic' atmosphere, too many changes of managers, losing supporters, another relegation, so a local wealthy businessman, but he is also a Notts supporter, is to buy the club.
    Notts supporters happy he is selling but thank him for saving the club a few years ago...he just lost his way.

Now RD watch, listen, read and do the same...FUCK OFF!!
  • Options

As I live in the East Midlands area, its now featuring (as I type this) on BBC TV Regional news.....talking about 'toxic' atmosphere, too many changes of managers, losing supporters, another relegation, so a local wealthy businessman, but he is also a Notts supporter, is to buy the club.
    Notts supporters happy he is selling but thank him for saving the club a few years ago...he just lost his way.

Now RD watch, listen, read and do the same...FUCK OFF!!

"NURSE" the old fellas out of bed again, get the tranquilliser gun! ;)
  • Options
    Bubble said:

Probably still paying Sol Campbell off

And Sven-Goran Eriksson
  • Options
    Aileen Trew was a regular on their forum, believe she used to be fairly popular. I think her online name was 'Pound Pie'. I lived in Nottingham when they bought the club for £1 (the pound was supplied by Aileen) and it was much needed stability at the time.

I think things soured over the past three seasons, seemed to be lots of managerial changes and can imagine it became difficult. They were hopeful at the start of this season though.

Terrible to hear there might have been threats of violence against the Trews.