Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your favourite Video Game?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Just finished The Last of Us Pt.2.

I can see why people didn’t like it, but I don’t think I’ve ever truly had a gaming experience like it before. Completely mad emotions whilst playing the climax of the game. I think NaughtyDog were really brave and I commend them for what they achieved.

I need to go and have a lie down after that.
    I've had a couple of days off this week and had intended to take on the last of us 2 but got a nudge that there is a few things in the storyline that would set my unnecessary woke alarm off 

• Options
    Just finished the last of us part 2 as well and I think it's one of the greatest games ever made, such a deep storyline, just raw emotion and exploration of the human psyche under pressure. 

I can't quite believe that naughty dog were that brave to go that way. 

There are definitely a couple of times where you are angry and frustrated, by design. 

I think it will age well. 

• Options
    I stumbled across Tetris Effect on Xbox recently and it’s the first time I’ve seen a Tetris game since the Gameboy that measured up. It’s fantastic. 
    Also there’s a Lemmings game on iPhone that’s decent - but lacks the original’s range of level design. 
    Bubble Bobble might have been the first co-op game I ever played with my dad and for that reason it’ll always have a special place for me. 
    Still play the Monkey Island games every now and then on Xbox. 
    There’s a Fight Night available on Xbox backwards compatibility still that holds up surprisingly well for such an old game. 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Just finished the last of us part 2 as well and I think it's one of the greatest games ever made, such a deep storyline, just raw emotion and exploration of the human psyche under pressure. 

I can't quite believe that naughty dog were that brave to go that way. 

There are definitely a couple of times where you are angry and frustrated, by design. 

I think it will age well. 

Would agree entirely. I'd urge those people that were put off by some of the reviews or reactions to go into it with an open mind and give it a go.

• Options
    Carter said:

I can see why people didn’t like it, but I don’t think I’ve ever truly had a gaming experience like it before. Completely mad emotions whilst playing the climax of the game. I think NaughtyDog were really brave and I commend them for what they achieved.

I've had a couple of days off this week and had intended to take on the last of us 2 but got a nudge that there is a few things in the storyline that would set my unnecessary woke alarm off 
    I don't think they would. I've heard nothing but good things from friends that have completed it.
  • Options
    Carter said:

There really isn't, anything potentially PC or un-PC is dealt with maturely and thoughtfully.

It got review bombed on release because an event in the storyline got leaked. Anyone who's given it time has loved it, I think. There hasn't been another narrative like it in any other media, as far as I'm aware. The only thing vaguely relevant is the film Rashomon.
  • Options
    Call of Duty. Rarely play these days but when I do it’s always this. Haven’t bought the new one. Any good?
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Call of Duty. Rarely play these days but when I do it’s always this. Haven’t bought the new one. Any good?
    Don't get Cold War everyone says its trash - Modern Warfare (The new one) however is the best COD in probably a decade, great single player, multiplayer, and of course Warzone is a huge hit as well. 
  • Options
    I recall my wife, my son and I each having a Gameboy Advance. On holiday I tried my son's Pokemon Leaf Green for five minutes and really enjoyed playing it and ended up playing it for hours.
  • Options
    Goat simulator 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I recall my wife, my son and I each having a Gameboy Advance. On holiday I tried my son's Pokemon Leaf Green for five minutes and really enjoyed playing it and ended up playing it for hours.
    As a kid I spent countless hours playing pokemon. I stumbled across my old gameboy a couple of years ago and ended up completing gold and yellow in a few weeks. Cracking games.
  • Options
    Carter said:

There shouldn't be. It's a great game. The irony is that the majority of the moping about the game (that's still going on even now incredibly) is about stupid stuff, and that means the real criticisms never really get an airing. I think it's a little bit too long and I think that the structure sometimes gets a bit messy. That's about it though, it plays perfectly and introduces some new mechanics that improve on the first game. Just go into it expecting a game with a similar playing experience but be aware that it's not going to be a re-tread of the original and you'll have a great time. A lot of people were hoping for the same story again and were upset when the writers went in a different direction.
  • Options
    As a kid I spent countless hours playing pokemon. I stumbled across my old gameboy a couple of years ago and ended up completing gold and yellow in a few weeks. Cracking games.
    Yes, but I am 56! My son was a Pokemon nut though. He loved Pokemon Collosseum on the Game Cube. 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/eG_1IaryD88 Never really felt comfortable playing this as a kid.
  • Options
    Kick Off 2  - Amiga
  • Options
    ZX Spectrum

Football Manager - Addictive games
    Jet Pac
    Jet Set Willy
    Daley Thompson Decathlon
    Hyper Sports

• Options
    Back in the days of the spectrum 48 & Commodore 64 it would have been Elite, jet set Willy & manic miner.

Amiga was Sensi all day and all night

Loved Fight Night & Oblivion/Skyrim on earlier consoles

More recently World of Tanks & Dayz