Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman and Reza to sign new deals

Lookman and his parents had talks with KM and RD this week and wants to stay at the club and Reza wants to stay and sign new deal , says first time he feels settled and wanted at the club

Comments

• Options
    Lookman yes (immediately) but jury's still out on Reza for me. I assume he'd want decent money given his idol status for millions of Iranians, although doesn't seem to have translated into much commercial success for us, and I really don't think he's earned it yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Bloomin' heck... NEVER expected us to resign Reza on a new Contract...

Have been really impressed with his attitude over the last few weeks, especially as he was technically one of the first network signings (alongside Ajdarevic / Nego etc.), at the same time I did think it was because he wanted to try and impress and get a Contract at another club, rather than risk playing poorly and ending up in some poor European Division.

Still think he'll be our Top Scorer this season

Am also delighted that we're possibly getting Lookman to sign a new deal... Just hope that there is no release clause in his Contract.

If I'm correct that leaves us with Vaz Te and Diarra as our only players who don't have a Contract for next season in the current batch of players (not including Makienok in that list), means if we can tie them down early we can push on and simply concentrate on bringing in new players next Summer rather than having to worry about examples such as Cousins and Gudmundsson
  • Options
    Signing a contract just means we get more for him when he is sold in the summer.
  • Options
    It may be an attempt to appease fans- if so - it is welcome. Actions always speak louder than words.
  • Options

I've really changed my mind about Reza.

His body language is very different to what it used to be.

I hope he stays. 2 goals in his last 2 starts...

Was really unlucky not to score against Ipswich either plus in the same match he managed to head the ball back (Looked a total lost cause) for Vaz Te to almost score...
  • Options

Signing a contract just means we get more for him when he is sold in the summer.

you mean January
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was really unlucky not to score against Ipswich either plus in the same match he managed to head the ball back (Looked a total lost cause) for Vaz Te to almost score...
    Yes that header was brilliant.

I thought it was the header that went to Bauer though? Could be wrong.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Lookman and his parents had talks with KM and RD this week and wants to stay at the club and Reza wants to stay and sign new deal , says first time he feels settled and wanted at the club

If this is anywhere along the lines of us being reasured they want the manager to stay... I expect them both to be gone by the end of January
  • Options

Yes that header was brilliant.

I thought it was the header that went to Bauer though? Could be wrong.
    Could be right as cant remember who he'd have assisted
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

I'd take them both to be honest. They'll tear up league 1.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    :heart: Reza
    Appearances Goals assists minutes played
    9-----------3----1-------355

1 goal every 118 minutes. Not perfect but he's done OK so far this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the players feel they had a really good time at their Christmas party night, that's good.

It reinforces team spirit and a togetherness mentality off and on the park.
    That's vital for where Charlton are in the League right now.

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Lookman and his parents had talks with KM and RD this week and wants to stay at the club

did his agent not attend?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

If the players feel they had a really good time at their Christmas party night, that's good.

It reinforces team spirit and a togetherness mentality off and on the park.
    That's vital for where Charlton are in the League right now.

Agree... The beers and double vodkas however....
  • Options
    He was on a 2 year deal already so no sell on clauses this time please!
  • Options
    he won't sign anything without a sell on clause
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    But he will if the option is to play 2 years for very much less when he knows the club will sell him at some point anyway - surely.
  • Options
    XxXxXxX <3 Reza best player <3 XxXxXxX
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    if agent can play hard ball, so can club. They couldn't with Gomez because his deal was about to end.