Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Official Attendance

There is already a similar thread but I would like to talk about official attendances. I usually divide it up into 3 groups which are as follows:

1. Home season ticket holders
2. Home individual matchday sales
3. Away individual matchday sales

We know the given attendance is not the actual number of bums on seats. It's the number of tickets that were sold including season tickets. You now see the official away turnout. In most cases the figure given for away fans is probably usually not always that far off from the number of bums on seats as these are people who intend to go to that match. Nor is the case for home matchday sales. Usually season tickets are the lowest percentage turnout as they have the freedom to pick and choose.

It would be interesting for the club to also publish the number of people both home and away physically in the ground. It would show that many are dissatisfied with the current set up. I will still go but I know a good proportion which is a little higher than two percent have stopped going. At Blackpool last season there were probably 3000 fans in the home areas but the figure was given a lot higher because of tickets sold including season tickets. Their fans were staying away because of their dissatisfaction towards owners.

1. So on Saturday what percentage of ST holders were in the ground?
2. What percentage of home matchday sales in the ground?
3. What percentage of away fans were in the ground?

I know there is also comps to take into account as well.

Comments

• Options
    The problem with this is, do you honestly believe KM will release any information that could be used to prove her wrong?

• Options
    Attendance was given as 15,870 with 2,678 from Ipswich, so 13,192 counted as home. I'd say we would be pushing it to claim there were actually 10,000 home fans actually in the ground.

If we keep losing fans like this, Katrien may have to think again on her 2% claim!!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Attendance was given as 15,870 with 2,678 from Ipswich, so 13,192 counted as home. I'd say we would be pushing it to claim there were actually 10,000 home fans actually in the ground.

If we keep losing fans like this, Katrien may have to think again on her 2% claim!!

I would probably say 10,000 fans as well. And it probably wasn't that far short of 2,678 from Ipswich as the Jimmy looked quite full.
  • Options
    We have always stated ST sales in the day's attendance whether they pitch up or nor haven't we ? Plus comps plus sales on the day and in advance.

Didn't the other thread say that we have always had a fairly large no show from ST holders - higher now as a percentage I guess.

I don't think this is anything new / Belgian. The Oracle will know for sure.

Didn't we used to understate crowds in the 70s etc to avoid tax.....
  • Options
    I would think there were less than 10,000 people in the stadium on Saturday, Ipswich fans included!
  • Options
    Even 8,000 home fans would mean 1 in 3 seats were filled. Looked like that was stretching it.