Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

'Refugees welcome' banners at German football matches/The Valley

Comments

• Chunes said:

As you know Santa Claus Irish people support the IRA. They might be a few that are OK but there are a large swathes who do, who don't love this country, support Ireland at Football, go to Irish clubs, send their kids to Irish dancing lessons and give them unpronounceable names. Why do they have to be different? Why can't they be like us?

And they are all Catholics so owe loyalty to the Pope not our Queen. And have 15 kids each. Soon they'll be more of them than there are of us and our culture will be gone.

Most drunks are Irish, everyone knows that, and if you go to an Irish pub you are made to give money to the IRA.

And they work "on the lump" on building sites for less money with no tax. NI or Union so taking jobs from English people. It's a fact, I've seen them waiting outside Kilburn station at dawn waiting for a van to take them to work cash in hand.

Sure some of them are OK and you can have a drink with them but behind your back they are all supporting the 'RA and would be happy to blow you up as look at you.

And they never go home. They choose to be a republic so why come here? We've got over 1m unemployed, the country is in a mess and we're giving jobs to paddies.

Sound familiar? Yeah, I heard all of that and more in the 70s. I hoped we'd all moved on.

Er, you've just spectacularly misread the empathetic point I was making. Still I'm sure your little rant made you all warm and fluffy inside.
    Still waiting for you to clarify what you meant when you said immigrants "rape girls on an industrial scale".
    That question was answered pretty concisely by another poster. Bore off.
    I was asking what you meant not some other poster. If you don't want people to talk to you about your posts then why post in the first place. You could just talk to yourself out loud and have just as good a time.
  • Chunes said:

Chunes said:

As you know Santa Claus Irish people support the IRA. They might be a few that are OK but there are a large swathes who do, who don't love this country, support Ireland at Football, go to Irish clubs, send their kids to Irish dancing lessons and give them unpronounceable names. Why do they have to be different? Why can't they be like us?

And they are all Catholics so owe loyalty to the Pope not our Queen. And have 15 kids each. Soon they'll be more of them than there are of us and our culture will be gone.

Most drunks are Irish, everyone knows that, and if you go to an Irish pub you are made to give money to the IRA.

And they work "on the lump" on building sites for less money with no tax. NI or Union so taking jobs from English people. It's a fact, I've seen them waiting outside Kilburn station at dawn waiting for a van to take them to work cash in hand.

Sure some of them are OK and you can have a drink with them but behind your back they are all supporting the 'RA and would be happy to blow you up as look at you.

And they never go home. They choose to be a republic so why come here? We've got over 1m unemployed, the country is in a mess and we're giving jobs to paddies.

Sound familiar? Yeah, I heard all of that and more in the 70s. I hoped we'd all moved on.

Er, you've just spectacularly misread the empathetic point I was making. Still I'm sure your little rant made you all warm and fluffy inside.
    Still waiting for you to clarify what you meant when you said immigrants "rape girls on an industrial scale".
    I was asking what you meant not some other poster. If you don't want people to talk to you about your posts then why post in the first place. You could just talk to yourself out loud and have just as good a time.
    What's the point you want to make because you seem desperate to make one?
  • Chunes said:

Chunes said:

What's the point you want to make because you seem desperate to make one?
    It wasn't exactly an abstract question
  • As you know Santa Claus Irish people support the IRA. They might be a few that are OK but there are a large swathes who do, who don't love this country, support Ireland at Football, go to Irish clubs, send their kids to Irish dancing lessons and give them unpronounceable names. Why do they have to be different? Why can't they be like us?

Not so empathetic that you could go the next step and see the connection between those statements and those made today. By you.

And no it didn't make me feel fluffy , just a bit sad that the same is being said today, only the names have changed.

• My wife and her family left Central America in the 80s because of civil war and the security situation. It saddens me to think what some people on here would think of her.

In the 80s you could smoke in pubs, stand at football matches and there were only 4 channels on TV.
    Society moves on.

So do you think she should be sent back there now?
    You tell an interesting tale. Could we have more details please?
  • edited September 2015

Not so empathetic that you could go the next step and see the connection between those statements and those made today. By you.

And no it didn't make me feel fluffy , just a bit sad that the same is being said today, only the names have changed.

No you attacked a strawman and didn't you enjoy doing it. Pointing out that there have been historical and ongoing problems with past waves of immigration isn't analogous with casual 70's racism. I don't want to repeat the mistakes of the past you're reluctant to even acknowledge them.
  • I'm beginning to think it will be a good job when the Rotherham game gets a bit closer and we can start to concentrate on that a bit more.

• I'm beginning to think it will be a good job when the Rotherham game gets a bit closer and we can start to concentrate on that a bit more.

Wasn't that where the industrial scale abuse occurred?

Wasn't that where the industrial scale abuse occurred?
    LOL! Oh s**t - good point. How about talking about Chris Powell's return with Huddesfield on the Tuesday after? (Nothing has happened in Huddersfield that will start things off again, has it?)
  • Sponsored links:

• No, I think we are OK here. These were illegal immigrants and I don't think anyone is in favour of them. (Although i stand to be corrected and wait to be told by someone that removing them is the work of a fascist state).
  • The biggest problem once immigrants are accepted and welcomed into the UK is that they are then placed and housed in high % numbers in one location this does not allow the UK to be multi cultural nor a racially tolerant society, it creates pockets within cities that become more recognisable in a foreign land that in the UK, look at Whitechapel and Bethnal green areas and certain parts of woolwich you would think you are in Bangladesh or Somalia, this then breeds anger and hatred from the locals

I've got to be honest. You're not helping my attempts to make us all one happy family again :-)

And I sense this could start the discussion up again!
  • It is the truth though. Although when I said we were full on match days and they smell I was obviously joking we ain't been full in years
  • Further to my post yesterday.
    "The Syrian operative claimed more than 4,000 covert ISIS gunmen had been smuggled into western nations – hidden amongst innocent refugees."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees
  • edited September 2015

Further to my post yesterday.
    "The Syrian operative claimed more than 4,000 covert ISIS gunmen had been smuggled into western nations – hidden amongst innocent refugees."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434/Islamic-State-ISIS-Smuggler-THOUSANDS-Extremists-into-Europe-Refugees

Information from a Syrian operative. Lol
    More scare mongering from the Daily Depress
  • Further to my post yesterday.

Yeh I'm sure ISIS are far too stupid to even contemplate trying to take advantage of the current pandemonium!
  • edited September 2015

Further to my post yesterday.

Yeh I'm sure ISIS are far too stupid to even contemplate trying to take advantage of the current pandemonium!
    I'm sure they have but 4000 gunmen ? And if that was true would an operative go straight to the Daily Express!?
    It's a typical sensationalist Express headline that nobody can prove and that won't get them into any legal trouble. They do it all the time yet sadly people still take notice of it.

• 4000, 400, 40, even 4, is 4 too many. It only takes one of them to decapitate an innocent member of the public or to plant a bomb that could kill numerous people. We need to be sure who it is that is entering the country, their history and their intentions. It may well be an sensationalist article, but I don't see too many articles in the press alerting people to what is an extremely important and extremely dangerous development that we ignore at our peril. I don't see too many articles in the press about the true story surrounding the father of the little boy who drowned either!
  • Sponsored links:

• People are still getting illegal immigrants and refugees mixed up!
  • ChiAddick said:

People are still getting illegal immigrants and refugees mixed up!

Yep , I suspect the majority of those at Calais aren't Syrian refugees.
  • LenGlover said:

Merkel and Hollande have now given little puppy Dave his instructions and he has rolled over to have his tummy tickled.

So is that good or bad then Len?
    If you are asking whether it is good or bad that an elected UK Prime Minister has his border control policies dictated by unelected outsiders the answer is bad.

If you are asking whether or not I think the UK should accept any 'refugees' I refer you to comments I made on 3 September:

I am very much in favour of offering succour to genuine refugees but there are undeniable difficulties in separating those refugees from other less deserving immigrants.

Successive governments, red and blue, have ballsed this up, whether by accident or design, for the best part of 20 years now.
  • The biggest problem once immigrants are accepted and welcomed into the UK is that they are then placed and housed in high % numbers in one location this does not allow the UK to be multi cultural nor a racially tolerant society, it creates pockets within cities that become more recognisable in a foreign land that in the UK, look at Whitechapel and Bethnal green areas and certain parts of woolwich you would think you are in Bangladesh or Somalia, this then breeds anger and hatred from the locals

Politically I don't think there's a great deal that NLA and I agree on. Certainly we've posted opposing opinions about refugees. However, as much as I think we should do more to help, I think he is spot on with this. The ghettoisation of immigrant groups does breed anger and hatred from many locals. I think it also brings a problem from the other perspective in that it decreases the chances of immigrants getting more involved with the indigenous population, learning English (or at least learning it well) and beginning to associate with the local culture rather than their native one.
  • ChiAddick said:

There lies the problem - we don't know which are which and those wanting to do harm in Europe can easily enter without proper checks.
  • edited September 2015

IMHO refugees are not welcome at the Valley

Possibly the saddest post I've read on here for quite a while. Can I enquire as to why?
  • ChiAddick said:

There lies the problem - we don't know which are which and those wanting to do harm in Europe can easily enter without proper checks.
    Whereas, of course, we know exactly which of those people who are already in the country intend to do harm. Don't we?
  • i and my partner will have a 'refugees welcome' banner on saturday and to those who say keep politics out of football, what was all that 'give a red card to racism' about if not about politics? Well done charlton for being an all inclusive club in the very truest sense

Are you on the list to take a refugee into your home?