Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

• Rumours of a buy back clause in the Naby Sarr deal.

Do those clauses actually exist outside of Football Manager?

• Maybe the sellers are just frustrated we are not using their correct name? They have just tweeted: "we are Sporting Clube de Portugal, not Sporting Lisbon"

They aren't happy are they !
  • we now have two lamppost like central defenders, almost like two rugby lock forwards .. I, and I am sure that I'm not alone, hope that they (or at least one of them) is as nippy on the floor as they are pretty certain to be capable in the air .. perhaps Bikey should be selected for the first couple of games to let one of the big lads watch to get the feel and a taste of what is required ? .. come on Luzon and Bikey, kiss and make up f f s .. we need everyone happy clappy for the start of the real season

Do those clauses actually exist outside of Football Manager?

Yes they do, they seem to be more common abroad, particularly in Spain.

• I think with our new extra large players we could be scaring the crap out of a few teams but God help us if they have fast and nippy players
  • Be interesting to see how they get on against someone like Jamie Ward. Small and fast.

• I assume you will be less concerned based upon Luzons comments ? We have had people looking at him for months so we've at least done our homework.

If we based opinion on manager comments then every signing ever would be a great success.
    Parkinson told the club's official website: "It's been a good day and it's great news to have Pawel on board.

"We know we are short in the striker department. Pawel is another player I've known for a while and I watched him for many years when he was at Huddersfield Town.

"He's a big target man who is always a goal threat, and he's got a good goalscoring record."
    -----
    “He is known as someone who plays in the middle of the pitch, but his versatility gives us more options.

“He is a professional player with a strong mentality and can score goals for the team.

“I believe he will be a very good player in this league.”

Lepoint becomes Charlton’s fourth permanent signing of the January transfer window
    etc etc.

Certainly the Sporting fan's laughter is a bit of a concern, like if Harriott left, we wouldn't laugh at the team who signed him even if people were critical of his performances. The 5 year deal is certainly a statement though so I guess they must be pretty confident. At this stage I'm happy with any defender with any sort of pedigree though to be fair, we will see.

Could be another Traore?
  • Valley11 said:

Be interesting to see how they get on against someone like Jamie Ward. Small and fast.

Just kick him ten feet into the air. That'll do it.

• Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

A bit like Ba who didn't quite make it at Sunderland and Big Mak who didn't do it for Palermo we're buying unfulfilled potential. You could perhaps add Celebos to that list.

All three/four were seen as good enough to be snapped up at an early age and great things were expected of them.

Didn't quite work out for a variety of reasons so they become affordable to Charlton. That is where we are in the food chain. Could be they aren't up to it or that we've got a few bargains.

Sarr was playing for Lisbon and then lost his place. Doesn't mean he isn't good enough for us at this current level. Doesn't mean he's a world beater and will cruise the division either.

We shall see. Some mistakes have been made (le Point) and some mistakes have been made again and again (Nego, Tucadean, Reza) within the network.

Other network mistakes (Watt to Standard) worked out well for us.

We shall just have to wait and see how Sarr and the others do for this club and in this league.

Today is Steve Thompson's birthday. He was one of seven player bought by new owners in 1985 (30 years ago). Pender, Pearson, Reid, Humphrey, Shipley, Philips were the others as I remember. All but Philips did well for us and we got promoted to the top flight. Who knows if history will repeat itself?

Spot on. Let's give him a chance. I flopped in bed with a bird once, but I can find at least one other female to back up I can do the business
    That's one more than me mate, well done!
  • Valley11 said:

Be interesting to see how they get on against someone like Jamie Ward. Small and fast.

Just kick him ten feet into the air. That'll do it.

Aah, the old ways are the best :-)

• Joe Gomez only played a few games for us, as did Jenkinson. That didn't mean that they weren't good players. Just that there were players older who were more ready at the time.
  • Barcelona have a buy back clause for Gerard Deulofeu.
  • edited July 2015
    dizzee said:

Joe Gomez only played a few games for us, as did Jenkinson. That didn't mean that they weren't good players. Just that there were players older who were more ready at the time.

Fair comment to be honest.
  • dabos said:

"yeah interesting signing, pretty raw but still young enough to improve. Physically very imposing, should be well-suited for the Championship. Played some Champs Lge football last season, I think he's got some potential"

Since when has Klinger out of M*A*S*H been an expert on football?
  • dizzee said:

Joe Gomez only played a few games for us, as did Jenkinson. That didn't mean that they weren't good players. Just that there were players older who were more ready at the time.

I don't think I would be overestimating his ability when I say I think Gomez would have been first team this season.
  • dizzee said:

I don't think I would be overestimating his ability when I say I think Gomez would have been first team this season.
    Will he be first team at Liverpool?

Or more comparibly, would he have been first team if he had moved to Sporting?
  • Chrispy51 said:

dizzee said:

Will he be first team at Liverpool?

Or more comparibly, would he have been first team if he had moved to Sporting?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez did get in their first team this season. There's no pressure on him at his age and the initial fee they've paid IMO. The pressure is massively on Rogers that's for sure. However they say Rogers prefers working with younger players as they are easier for him to mould to his way of playing. I would love for Gomez to go on and surprise a few people this season and see him get reviews on MOTD etc.

It's all a great advert for us anyway. First Shelvey, then Jenkinson now Gomez. All within the space of 5 years. But for his knee I reckon Solly would be a Prem player. That can only mean good things for us in terms of sustainability if we have one of these every couple of years
  • Sponsored links:

• Naby, who ho all .. .. .. ..
    Naby, who ho all .. .. .. ..
    He came from Portugal
    He f****ng hates Millwall
  • Essex_Al said:

He came from Portugal
    He f****ng hates Millwall

Don't give up the day job ;)

• Here is that fabulous Naby Sarr song-list in full as performed by the popular Belgium techno outfit Katrien and the Cats and now available on CD and to download online from the Valley Superstore at a special introductory price of £29-99

Side 1

I'm wishing on a Sarr- Rose Royce
    Sarry seems to be the hardest word - Elton John

Side 2

The dark Sarr of the Moon- Pink Floyd
    Wish I could be like Nobby Sarr - The Jam or the Kinks (whoever has the cheapest royalty)

Hurry hurry...buy now while stocks last and celebrate this new superstar marquee signing before Charlton's most exciting season (since last season) kicks-off and we can all song along together in classic Eurotrash style.

www.Roland's-pop-enterprises/naff/Eurotrash/need to get some money back on this guy before we sell him to Liverpool.com

• It will be

Nabby ,

Nabby Sarrrrrr

Nabby

Nabby Sarrrrrr

Nabby

Nabby Sarrrrrr

• We still haven't got a proper decent/ official song for Guy Luzon yet, this fella's got no chance....
  • I'm sure that at some point it will be said that Gomez was a "Liverpool youngster" or came through the West Ham academy.

This, the Liverpool supporting side of my family had no idea that Sterling was a QPR produced player, as i found out when i had to listen to the outrage that one of "theirs" would betray them like that, i am sure our coaches hard work will quickly be forgotten by the masses too once Gomez breaks into the first team.
  • edited July 2015

We still haven't got a proper decent/ official song for Guy Luzon yet, this fella's got no chance....

http://youtu.be/1DZ1h-gd2SQ
    Sing Naby Sarr to the chorus