Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Naby Sarr signed on 5 year deal*** (Ed. Gone)

Comments

The kit looks really nice with all the league badges on it.

Hopefully we shall have to change them all over next year!
  • seth plum said:

Sarr rhymes with Ba, that's gotta tell us something.

sing all together now : .. It's just like watching Ba Sarr Lo ho ho ho ho ho ho naaaaahhhhhh
  • Chrispy51 said:

Is Naby pronounced like Gabby or Baby?

If you'd met him, you'd know his name's pronounced "Sir".
  • Chizz said:

Halix said:

Hopefully we shall have to change them all over next year!
    You do realise that's the logo at the top of the East Stand, right?
    And he had to crouch down!
  • seth plum said:

Sarr rhymes with Ba, that's gotta tell us something.

sing all together now : .. It's just like watching Ba Sarr Lo ho ho ho ho ho ho naaaaahhhhhh
    Sorry Lincs our short friendship is now over!
  • Think that will be it for centre halfs now. Bauer and Nobby with back up from diarra, Lennon and Bikey (if he can't be offloaded). Fox's inclination to stand centrally and give his winger too much room makes me think that he may eventually turn out to be more of a centre back than a full back so his development this season will be interesting. Still worry about RB cover as I doubt Nego is up to it but JC could yet find himself bent out of position as we have an abundance of midfielders. There is also the ubiquitous Jacko to be fielded anywhere required in an emergency bless him. Don't think well see many more additions if the Harriott and piggotts are not offloaded.

• Young, tall, gifted and I can even pronounce his name.

Is this the dawning of a new era?
  • We'll just have to wait and see.

One thing i've learned during the Roland era is that some people will get automatically excited about signing a player from abroad, that they've never really heard of or have a clue how good he is, or how suited to the English game. Its a lot more exciting signing a French player from a Portugese club than signing a Scotsman from Wigan. Reza and Polish Pete clipped my wings in that sense.

Lots of risks have been taken with the summer transfer dealings; we are still a fair bit down on numbers compared to last season, and we've so far put all our eggs into the overseas basket. RD is putting a lot of fair into the ability of his European scouting network to deliver.

Have not got a clue how this will go, but welcome to Charlton Nobby

Nobby Charlton....?
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited July 2015
    Naby Sarr Sarr
    Whatever will be, will be

Defending like Desailly
    Que Sarr Sarr

The return of Scarfy!
  • edited July 2015
    Sarr Sarr you weren't cheap
    But can you head a ball?
    Yes sir, yes sir cos I'm bloody tall
    One for Diarra and one for the Dane
    And one for Tony Watt who thinks he's Harry Kane

One thing i've learned during the Roland era is that some people will get automatically excited about signing a player from abroad, that they've never really heard of or have a clue how good he is, or how suited to the English game. Its a lot more exciting signing a French player from a Portugese club than signing a Scotsman from Wigan. Reza and Polish Pete clipped my wings in that sense.

Lots of risks have been taken with the summer transfer dealings; we are still a fair bit down on numbers compared to last season, and we've so far put all our eggs into the overseas basket. RD is putting a lot of fair into the ability of his European scouting network to deliver.

I see where you are coming from AFKA re: British based players, but I just don't know if we can get value for money here anymore. I was as excited by the rumours of getting that Jed Wallace last year as I was Vetokele say. I get excited with all the possible rumours usually. I agree I think people think signings from abroad are possibly going to be more special, yet like you mentioned, Reza and PP and LePoint turned out to be lame ducks. I think (hope) we have become a bit more refined in the year and a half of the RD reign given these signings this summer. All were players plying their trade in the top division of their respective leagues last season apart from Cellabos and Ba (I believe) and they were registered with top level clubs.

Who knows as you say, but I reckon we're decent outside play off bets perhaps

• Macronate said:

Sarr Sarr you weren't cheap
    But can you head a ball?
    Yes sir, yes sir cos I'm bloody tall
    One for Diarra and one for the Dane
    And one for Tony Watt who think's he's Harry Kane

The return of Scarfy!
    That is not the real scarfy...He didn't have go faster stripes :(

The return of Scarfy!
    That is not the real scarfy...He didn't have go faster stripes :(
    #bringbackrealscarfy

It is more the fact that every time a major tournament rolls around, you realise how technically limited British players are compared to their global counterparts. It is not a rule, but on the whole the national teams come up short every time. I sometimes think we can be forgiven for getting excited over signing players from the continent over someone like Ben bloody Pringle who people were raving over.

Might have been a good player for Rotherham, but he isnt ever going to play in Serie A, La Liga or the Champions League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lots of risks have been taken with the summer transfer dealings; we are still a fair bit down on numbers compared to last season, and we've so far put all our eggs into the overseas basket. RD is putting a lot of fair into the ability of his European scouting network to deliver.

I actually wonder whether these are players scouted by Guy himself. He had about six months out after his dismissal at Leige but was still employed by RD. A couple of the players have already stated that Guy had watched them so I think he spent his six months wisely and built up a dossier of players.

• http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-new-signing-naby-sarr-2576259.aspx

Saying he has been training with Sporting, and will be ready for QPR.
  • Where is real scarfy? Has anyone got a picture so we know the difference?
  • He looks a bit like Lloyd Sam
  • Macronate said:

at last, a player who looks pleased to have joined us.
    Only half the smile Ceballos gave. Get rid.

This 100%

I wonder if anybody knows how many players we have brought in as a recommendation from Phil Chapple?

I wonder if anybody knows how many players we have brought in as a recommendation from Phil Chapple?
    Bless Chaps, he did a job, but if he recommended a centre back it wouldn't fill me with confidence!