Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - Interview discussing earlier injury woes (p14)

Comments

• Options
    Very good news.  Nice to see se of the kids signed up on decent length contracts.
  • Options
    strewth, great news.
  • Options
    Tying a talented youngster down to a mutually advantageous long term contract.  How efficient, it is almost like we are a well run football club again!

Good luck AMB

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Couple of lapses of judgement but looks to be a very talented shot stopper based on his short spell with Dover.

• Options
    edited June 2021
    Australia lost 2-1 to Ireland this afternoon... Doesnt look as though Ashley played

Jordan Holmes of Ebbsfleet United played instead

They've another three friendlies against Saudia Arabia (5th) | Romania (8th) | Mexico (12th) for him to get game time.
  • Options
    See he's been given the No 1 shirt in the squad for these friendlies, so hoping he will get games against the stronger teams like Saudi Arabia and Mexico.

Needs game time and looks as though he may get it later this week. If he does well will be interesting where he ends up on loan next season as thats seems to be that is expected
  • Options
    Think he is good enough to start for us next season got the potential to reach the very top!  Rob Elliot as back up would be ideal! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on what? i haven't seen much of him
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Think he is good enough to start for us next season got the potential to reach the very top!  Rob Elliot as back up would be ideal! 
    Out of interest, where have you seen him play? I know the backroom staff have great praise for him, but didn’t think he’d played any u23s games for us yet, might have missed it when he did though. 
  • Options
    He’s played in a few of the pointless cup games we’ve had in the last couple of years and has always impressed in those. I think next season for him has to be one of playing. Be it for us or for someone else on loan.
  • Options
    Out of interest, where have you seen him play? I know the backroom staff have great praise for him, but didn’t think he’d played any u23s games for us yet, might have missed it when he did though. 
    He has played a lot for the under 23's as well as playing in minor cup competitions for the 1st team
  • Options
    Australia lost 2-1 to Ireland this afternoon... Doesnt look as though Ashley played

Jordan Holmes of Ebbsfleet United played instead

They've another three friendlies against Saudia Arabia (5th) | Romania (8th) | Mexico (12th) for him to get game time.
    Never mind our first Olympian, the fact that Ebbsfleet could have an Olympic footballer is more astonishing!
    Which he isn't.  Zheng Zhi played for China in Beijing, 2008.
  • Options
    Che Guevara wearing number 4 for Australia
  • Options
    Turns out he plays for Palace U23s!

4. Jay RICH-BAGHUELOU

No surprise then.
  • Options
    Turns out he plays for Palace U23s!

4. Jay RICH-BAGHUELOU

No surprise then.
    Played for Welling as well
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The match v Mexico is available on You Tube https://youtu.be/bJsukWrdP0o
  • Options
    Good luck Ashley!
  • Options
    Shame he wont have any pre season games with us
  • Options
    Agree.  But will be in the shop window there which will be good no doubt for the club.  

Interesting to see what Adkins does when he gets back. 

Do not think he has had much of an odd-season either as he was at that camp in Marbella.  
  • Options
    Surely, if Adkins sends him out on loan for the season as he has said, then we must be in for another goalkeeper as a number 2, unless any of the younger players can step up
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Surely, if Adkins sends him out on loan for the season as he has said, then we must be in for another goalkeeper as a number 2, unless any of the younger players can step up
    I think a few teams last year had either a youngster or a keeper they never intended to play on the bench knowing if there number 1 got injured or suspended they could draft an emergency loan in, I think teams can get an emergency loan for keepers if they can show their only available keeper has played 5 league games or less in their career.

I know Lincoln did it in the play offs even though their reserve had been sat on the bench for the whole season, and I'm fairly sure Peterborough did it in the final stages of the season even though their Number 2 was about 24/25 so not a youngster by any stretch but had barely made league appearances. 

Not sure I agree with it myself as feels a bit unfair on those keepers who sit on the bench waiting for a game all season however I imagine clubs see it as a way of saving a salary.
  • Options
    Trouble is, if you put a youngster on the bench and your keeper got injured early in the game ............