Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cosplay ( Geeks & Freaks)

Just dropped my daughter and her friend off at Excel for the cosplay show. There are some weird sights walking around, some even make wearing a palarse shirt normal (forget that idea).

Didn't realise how big this is for the young.
Hope she has a great day.

If you don't know what cosplay is, just google image it.

Comments

• Looks like fun. Never heard of it before.
  • Should that be Geeks ?
  • edited May 2015

Should that be Geeks ?

Yes, bloody phone.
    I call it geek & freaks, my daughter doesn't like the term. They all have made a lot of effort in their costumes and they ain't hurting anyone.
  • I guess that is what the photo of her daughter that one of my old school mates has put up on facebook is all about. I don't know who the character is, but the costume they have made is fantastic.
  • One of the girls from work is there I think. Vast amount of effort seems to have gone into the outfits.

I suppose they aren't doing any harm but some of them are a bit strange
  • Massive in Japan where I guess it first started.
  • shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

One of the girls from work is there I think. Vast amount of effort seems to have gone into the outfits.

No stranger than fully grown men, wearing football shirts with names of players young enough to be there grand kids on the back.
    Yes it is, a lot stranger
  • CAFCsayer said:

shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

One of the girls from work is there I think. Vast amount of effort seems to have gone into the outfits.

No stranger than fully grown men, wearing football shirts with names of players young enough to be there grand kids on the back.
    Why ? It's a sign of commitment to a cause and an attempt to emulate your heroes.

Not for me but each to their own.
  • se9addick said:

CAFCsayer said:

shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

Why ? It's a sign of commitment to a cause and an attempt to emulate your heroes.

You wear a football shit to emulate your heroes? I'd say it's almost a uniform, a sign of pride, showing off the team you support. How is that close to putting on a pair of knickers and a full Lycra costume and running around pretending to be a fictional character?
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

se9addick said:

CAFCsayer said:

shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

You wear a football shit to emulate your heroes? I'd say it's almost a uniform, a sign of pride, showing off the team you support. How is that close to putting on a pair of knickers and a full Lycra costume and running around pretending to be a fictional character?
    I've never heard of it but reading this post, it sounds a pretty good alternative to wearing a football shirt.
  • Bangkok Cosplay.
  • shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

Its a lot different to when I go. I am not pretending to be Zorg the Impaler - protector of all virgins.

I'm Steve, the fat bloke who watches football.

• Swisdom said:

shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

Its a lot different to when I go. I am not pretending to be Zorg the Impaler - protector of all virgins.

I'm Steve, the fat bloke who watches football.

I'd venture that the virgins will remain untroubled under either guise
  • CAFCsayer said:

London one

No self portraits please
  • edited May 2016
    It's that time again, dropping off Dr Who, Lyanna Stark & Rey from Straw Wars at comic con at Excel.
  • Swisdom said:

shine166 said:

Swisdom said:

You'd go to Palace if you wanted that role.
  • edited May 2016
    I do this every year in Benidorm!

http://www.benidormallyearround.com/4971-benidorm-does-fancy-dress-like-no-one-else

Also look up sinatras benidorm on facebook, brilliant!

• Sponsored links:

• It's that time again, dropping off Dr Who, Lyanna Stark & Rey from Straw Wars at comic con at Excel.

Straw Wars?

Is that a West Country version of Star Wars!
    Bloody phone