Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Go For Broke Please Bob

Just hoping Big Bob didn't get any more cautious pants as Christmas presents this year, c'mon Bob lets show a bit more attacking threat , rather than sitting back and letting teams attack us all the time , lets put the other team under pressure for a change , as we did in the last 25 minutes against Cardiff.

Football is supposedly an entertainment industry , lets cut the draws & tippy tappy football around the back 4 out and get some more points on the board!

COYR!!

Comments

• Options
    This division is so open if we go on a little run and turn these 1 points into 3 then there's a play off place with our name on it
  • Options
    Bob has raised expectations a bit with the Cardiff performance. I don't think we're likely to see that again. It came under special circumstances; we had ten men and were losing 1-0. We had nothing to lose.

I also don't think any other championship team would sit back quite like Cardiff did. They put our midfield men under no pressure whatsoever
  • Options
    On Boxing day we saw polar opposite performances from the team in the 2 halfs.

Could this be because Bob is insecure as he only has a one year contract ?
    hence do not lose, as against going for the win and take a few risks.

He missed a golden chance to win over the crowd by being too passive against Millwall and Blackpool.
    Two defences who would have crumbled if we had attacked with the spirit of the second half against Cardiff.

Most of us do seem to be singing from the same hymn sheet for a change.

• Options
    Wishful thinking - really cannot see Bob telling them to go out all guns blazing, especially away to Ipswich.
  • Options
    No, not in an away game against a top team, but counter attack with pace and purpose
    and try to take the few chances that we create.
  • Options
    He went for broke and now it is..........
  • Options
    Just checking back to this thread... How did this plan work out?
  • Options

Sorry I forgot to add it was a strategy for home wins, away from home ... Park the bus.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Sorry I forgot to add it was a strategy for home wins, away from home ... Park the bus.
    We didn't have much choice with all those corners but left a couple of windows open on the top deck. :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes I agree. Be more attacking at home & park the bus and frustrate away from home, unless it's a relegation team & we should be a bit more positive.
  • Options
    No point in parking the bus if you continually fail to mark up for corners and leave players free on the edge of the box to fire it back in, as we did for their second goal.