Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peeters wants to extend stay

Keep forgetting he is on a 12-month contract

“If there is a possibility, and they ask me to extend, then I will extend. We need to continue making progress and pushing even harder than this season.

“We’ve made big progress from last season and need to continue that. I’m very ambitious. If everyone at Charlton, especially the chairman, is as ambitious as we are then there is no reason we shouldn’t continue.

“Before I’ve signed longer deals. For me it’s important that I’m doing a good job - if the chairman thinks you are a good manager he will extend.

“We said we would give it a shot for one season and that if you’re happy and I’m happy then we continue. At this moment I’m very happy.”

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=15980

Comments

• I can't see RD even thinking about renewing Bob's contract until we are at least safe from relegation.
  • Glad to hear it from him that he wants to stay longer... Just got to wait and see though who the new man will be come next season ;)
  • What do we give him though? Another year ?
  • So many metaphors...
  • Bob . you should have beaten Millwall, the timing is all wrong.
  • Nice one, Seth.

My hope is that we are Roland's FAVOURITE child and the stand out one from the rest of his brood.

And at this moment in time, I'd be very happy to keep Uncle Bob in our little family for the forseeable future.

"We are famileeee!"
  • edited November 2014
    If he can send out a team to beat the Spanners at their place next out then I suggest he can write whatever clause he wants into his new 10 year contract...

Example.
    Clause X paragraph xx

I can baste KM in chocolate sauce and take 2 hours to lick it all off.
  • Can we stop using the word 'child' as if the words "football club" are dirty words?
  • Sponsored links:

• Mr D described his network of clubs as like his children.
  • If he can send out a team to beat the Spanners at their place next out then I suggest he can write whatever clause he wants into his new 10 year contract...

Example.
    Clause X paragraph xx

I can baste KM in chocolate sauce and take 2 hours to lick it all off.

Trying to get that clause into your contract when you applied is probably why you didn't get the job.
  • seth plum said:

Interesting quote from Big Bob. When he was initially interviewed about the one year contract he talked of the flexibility for all parties if things didn't work out. In that interview Bob said that the job may not turn out to be his 'cup of tea'.

Incidentally Bob has a charming way of using English words and phrases in interviews.

Anyway it now looks as if Bob is saying he has tasted it, and being manager/coach here is rather a nice cup of tea after all. Katrien in a recent interview to BBC London said about the job she is 'loving it', and that if we had lost to Millwall, Sunday would've been the 'worst day of her life'. It looked to me that Bob was mightily cheesed off we didn't win against Millwall.

So it looks as if Bob and Katrien like it here, and want to stay around. The obvious question from that is are they up to the job. It is a bit early to say, but the signs are more positive than negative. I believe they have both developed their own kind of affection for Charlton, and I am wondering if Mr Duchatelet is feeling the same about 'one of his children'.

I reckon if Mr Duchatelet indulges us as his child, he will get some players in, if he likes us and cares for our future he will start the Sparrows Lane build, if he adores us he will do both.

If he thinks this particular child is keeping bad company, and turning delinquent on him, he will put us up for adoption.

You can't treat your business like a child, you have to treat it as a business, he used that phrase in one of his first interviews to put the point across that he treated all clubs equally. He has no real love for football himself, he's doing it as a business plan, so he will make business decisions. I suspect he already has made his decision to be honest subconsciously or not speaking out with it..
  • AA yes I agree that Mr D has emphasised that football is to be treated as a business and therein we may have a dilemma.

To keep fans interested he is rather dependent on some things like loyalty, interest, love, the need for diversion, the need for entertainment. It is necessary to factor in stuff that it is very difficult to quantify.

If the interest of the fans doesn't matter much to Mr Duchatelet then the business will suffer. If the plan is to churn players for business purposes, then players playing to disinterested dwindling crowds are less likely to enhance their value.

To me the 'business' is similar to aspects of childcare such as nurturing, in the hope the child will mature into a success. So when you mention 'real love', whilst I agree with you, I also think that a child thrives better if it has a loving environment, rather than simply a functioning one.

• seth plum said:

Interesting quote from Big Bob. When he was initially interviewed about the one year contract he talked of the flexibility for all parties if things didn't work out. In that interview Bob said that the job may not turn out to be his 'cup of tea'.

Incidentally Bob has a charming way of using English words and phrases in interviews.

Anyway it now looks as if Bob is saying he has tasted it, and being manager/coach here is rather a nice cup of tea after all. Katrien in a recent interview to BBC London said about the job she is 'loving it', and that if we had lost to Millwall, Sunday would've been the 'worst day of her life'. It looked to me that Bob was mightily cheesed off we didn't win against Millwall.

So it looks as if Bob and Katrien like it here, and want to stay around. The obvious question from that is are they up to the job. It is a bit early to say, but the signs are more positive than negative. I believe they have both developed their own kind of affection for Charlton, and I am wondering if Mr Duchatelet is feeling the same about 'one of his children'.

I reckon if Mr Duchatelet indulges us as his child, he will get some players in, if he likes us and cares for our future he will start the Sparrows Lane build, if he adores us he will do both.

If he thinks this particular child is keeping bad company, and turning delinquent on him, he will put us up for adoption.

I wonder if his attitude to this child has been tainted by the change in FFP rules, as it will have affected the potential for his model to be successful.
  • IAIA
    edited November 2014
    I thought Peeters was on a rolling 12 month contract.

EDIT - found a link now
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27979377
  • Personally I've seen enough to want to sign him up for another year (at the very least). We need continuity. I think he has been great for this club as has Katrien
  • If it's a rolling contract, what would be extended?

Maybe I don't understand it right, but I thought 12 month rolling contract means his contract runs out on 26th November 2015 (and moves on every day), so we or another club would always have to pay a full year's salary to break the contract.
  • Best manager we've had since Chrissy.
  • What did Riga do wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought when he signed a one year contract Richard Murray told us all it was standard practise in Europe and that it would be reviewed towards the end of each season.... so why is Bob saying this now? (unless in answer to a loaded question from a journalist which then adds a completely different perspective on it - he would hardly say "nah, I'm happy to leave in May")
  • If we miraculously made the playoffs, I genuinely think we will win them. We are hard to beat, and I think we've got a lot of heart.
  • edited November 2014
    Didn't beat Millwall, days are numbered. Gets the away game, then the bullet when we lose. It's called fate !
  • Can we stop using the word 'child' as if the words "football club" are dirty words?

Crevice is a dirty word.

Crevice is a dirty word.

But security isn't
  • Not a rolling contract - it is one year with an option to extend (as confirmed by Katrien in Trust News interview)