Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Kit Sponsorship Scheme - History

Updated Oct 2020

Many thanks to all those who once again contributed in our kit sponsorship scheme this year. It’s feels great to reintroduce this,  and has allowed us once again to take out a record 9 kit sponsorships, taking the total we've managed as a community to undertake since 2008/09  to an incredible 43 sponsorships

We’ve encourage this over the years for two reasons:

1. It allows people to contribute on a shared basis in participating to something that they would not ordinarily have the finance to do on their own, and gives the opportunities of winning the 'prizes' on offer (signed player shirts, dinner places etc)

2. Criticisms on forums get magnified a hell of a lot more than praise or support. This provides a fantastic opportunity for 'us' as a community to show that regardless what the debate or individual comment is on here, as a collective we are fundamentally a group of SUPPORTERS and we do what we can to support the club.

Below is a list of all the kit sponsorships we've taken out since 2008. Whoever was responsible for the 2010/11 selections was ‘having a Ceddie’!!

2008/09

JONJO SHELVEY
ANDY GRAY

2009/10

ROBBIE ELLIOT
JONJO SHELVEY
LLOYD SAM

2010/11

CARL JENKINSON
CHRISTIAN DAILLY
KYEL REID
ALAN MCCORMACK
NATHAN ECCLESTON

2011/12 (League 1 Championship winners)

JOHNNIE JACKSON
CHRIS SOLLY
MICHAEL MORRISON
DANNY HOLLANDS
MATT TAYLOR
SCOTT WAGSTAFF
DANNY GREEN

2012/13

JOHNNIE JACKSON
CHRIS SOLLY
MICHAEL MORRISON
RHOYS WIGGINS
DANNY HOLLANDS
BRADLEY PRITCHARD
BEN HAMER

2013/14

JORDAN COUSINS
DIEGO POYET
BEN HAMER
LEON CORT
MICHAEL MORRISON

2014/15

YONI BUYENS
JOE GOMEZ
MORGAN FOX
MICHAEL MORRISON
NICK POPE

2020/21

ALEX GILBEY Home & Away
BEN AMOS Home & Away
CHARLIE BARKER Home & Away
CONOR WASHINGTON 
ALFIE DOUGHTY 
ELLA POWELL 

We've had four different organisers over the years, with Curb It the main ringmaster who does a fantastic job and ably assisted by Davo55 this year. Thanks to all those who have helped over the years, and hopefully help to successfully extend this into the future.

Comments

• Morrison now on a four year streak with CL.

Five players now in the Premier League

A few more in league 1 and 2 and one in the States
  • and interestingly Yoni Buyens in seven years is the first overseas player we've backed. Never realised that before.
  • A great thing to do, and to be part of. Well done to all involved in the concept and the management of this - especially Curb it.
  • I think the highlight was the excitement over who was going to win the Gnome.
  • and interestingly Yoni Buyens in seven years is the first overseas player we've backed. Never realised that before.

And a loan player too.

I think only Eccleston was a loanee. How did we end up with him? Was he a replacement for someone who left?
  • Excellent stuff! Keep up the good work :-)
  • Thanks to Curb it for doing all the organising for us.
  • well done you lot and a special thanks to Curb it
  • Good work from everyone involved in this over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the highlight was the excitement over who was going to win the Gnome.

He's still sitting proudly in the back garden.
  • Excellent work to everyone concerned, however after reading today's programme I just wanted to clarify a couple of points

According to the match day programme this site is shown as Sponsoring

Home kit: Morgan Fox
    Away kit: Joe Gomez
    Training kit: Michael Morrison and Nick Pope

No mention of Yoni Buyens at all. Is this correct, or a misprint by the printers?

• Curb-It has done a runner with the money.

Currently in Bratislava.
  • Still no mention of us under Buyens could we only get the other 4
  • No we could not. i have paid for Buyens shirt so have asked again why its not on there.

But have we?

Still no Charlton Life in the programme
  • We have according to the spreadsheet that I have. Dont know how to upload excel or wehther i should give out that info anyway. Have chased Ravi again and asked to amend otherwise people might start thinking ive had it away.
  • Curb_It said:

We have according to the spreadsheet that I have. Dont know how to upload excel or wehther i should give out that info anyway. Have chased Ravi again and asked to amend otherwise people might start thinking ive had it away.

He can give us some extra tickets as compensation
  • He has replied and said it will be updated.
  • so who replaced Morro?
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

He has replied and said it will be updated.

Bit late now, isn't it? The season is almost done. They should be offering either another "free" spot this year or some sort of discount on next year. The "advertising" in the programme is surely one of the main reasons people do this, isn't it? (Albeit not the reason CL do it - but that's not the point)
  • Perhaps we could start the sponsor bandwagon for next season now and select Watt, Vetokele, Cousins, Gomez and Gudmundsson - on the strict understanding that they all guaranteed not to be sold/released before May 2016.

• Perhaps we could start the sponsor bandwagon for next season now and select Watt, Vetokele, Cousins, Gomez and Gudmundsson - on the strict understanding that they all guaranteed not to be sold/released before May 2016.

CL sponsoring them would almost certainly guarantee that they will leave : - )
  • Morgan Fox
    Joe Gomez
    Tal Ben Haim
    Yoni Buyens
    Jackson
  • Please note the sponsors dinner will be Thursday 30th April. I need to organise to do the draw.

• Curb_It said:

We have according to the spreadsheet that I have. Dont know how to upload excel or wehther i should give out that info anyway. Have chased Ravi again and asked to amend otherwise people might start thinking ive had it away.

How is your business partnership with Steve Jones going anyway? :)
  • Curb_It said:

Please note the sponsors dinner will be Thursday 30th April. I need to organise to do the draw.

I can't make that night
  • edited March 2015
    Any sign of our name against Buyens?

• edited March 2015
  • Curb_It said:

Any sign of our name against Buyens?

Down for his Training Kit. First mention this season that I'm aware of.