Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - not in the running for manager says Cawley (summer 2022 p6)

Comments

• Options
    The silly season's started already.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

I have changed the title of this thread because I do not want people to think this is a joke. I'm afraid it is a serious speculation from our favourite journo.

Cawley claims that he was 'considered as an appointment before Riga' in his match report in the SLP.

Which hopefully means he was also rejected.
  • Options
    what about as an attacking coach? i would like to see that
  • Options
    Any chance of somebody posting a link for the article as I can't find it on the SLP website, thanks.
  • Options

Any chance of somebody posting a link for the article as I can't find it on the SLP website, thanks.

That is because it was in the paper .They do not tend to post links to current stories.

• Options
    @Richard J‌ Ok, thanks.
  • Options
    100% no and will refuse to attend if it happens
  • Options
    1. Can't judge him as a potential manager based on his performances for us on the pitch (end of his career - should never have been signed, overweight and slow!).
    2. He was actually passionate about us trying to do well at the time. I sat near him a few times in the lower west and he was always shouting and screaming at bad decisions and jumping up and down when we scored. Think that passion could well translate to management desire.
    Would prefer Riga to stay - but lets wait and see before writing him off.
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

1. Can't judge him as a potential manager based on his performances for us on the pitch (end of his career - should never have been signed, overweight and slow!).
    2. He was actually passionate about us trying to do well at the time. I sat near him a few times in the lower west and he was always shouting and screaming at bad decisions and jumping up and down when we scored. Think that passion could well translate to management desire.
    Would prefer Riga to stay - but lets wait and see before writing him off.

this - christ the bloke is getting slated on here, granted I didn't think he was great when he played for us BUT he's played at the highest level and was a top player.

anyway I'd rather keep Riga, but who's to say JFH isn't a top coach!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    100% NO - can we sink this thread and pretend it does not exsist - I want to enjoy staying up a little longer, thankyou.
  • Options
    He'd have the motivational skills of a three toed sloth. Come on, RD might not be a football man, but he's not stupid. He is looking for tried and tested, OR, someone with a thoroughbred background with bags of potential. All JFH has is bags of money and a muffin top the size of a wedding cake!
  • Options
    I can accept JFH being past his best when he joined us. What I can't accept is his complete lack of interest, effort and regard for the club that paid his wages. Now he wants a job? i don't think so Jimmy.
  • Options
    If this happens then I'm a Chinese uncle. Furthermore, I shall get a tattoo on my bum.
  • Options

Interestingly enough I saw a programme about JFH on beIN Sports a few weeks ago. He is building an excellent reputation in Belgium, apparently, for coaching & developing some very young players at Antwerp & he said that he was having the time of his life. He has certainly trimmed down a lot since the last time we saw him at the Valley! He may actually be a decent option for us.

give yourself a nip

• Options
    Nonononononono
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Don't want Mr Cashinthebank anywhere near the club... but then it's not down to me is it!
  • Options
    How was Roland to know he was a flop with us? Doing research on the club, yes. Researching every player that's played for us and fan opinions incase they become a manager seems a bit weird. Also I do not want him to be our manager just find some of the logic a bit bizarre
  • Options
    Maybe he'll work for free until he pays back the money he stole from us.
  • Options
    The thought of this just scares me. NO NO NO NO NO NO. I still havent' forgiven him for apologising to the Chelsea fans when he scored against them. We paid your wages you useless lump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well everyone on here said Powell was the perfect choice...dons tin hat...
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Well everyone on here said Powell was the perfect choice...dons tin hat...

Well, he was. He left us in better shape they found us did he not? Anyway it's been done to death now.
  • Options
    JFH may have been useless for us, but that doesn't mean he'd necessarily be a bad coach, often players are completely different as managers as they were as coaches.
  • Options
    Would rather wee Jimmy Krankie.
  • Options
    Was Alex Ferguson any good as a player?
  • Options
    Loved Jimmy. Was a proper pro.
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Was Alex Ferguson any good as a player?

Very
  • Options
    Ah ok was a genuine question
  • Options
    On a long list of 'no thanks', he would be at the near top........
  • Options
    Most managers are ex players.
    But how many good ones were strikers? Can't think of any off hand, especially in the UK