Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    kimbo said:
    Been a dream getting train from Westcombe Park this week. 

God's own station. 
  • Options
    will be glad when the bexleyheath line is back.....those drills / diggers have been firing up at 6am on the dot at the moment !!
  • Options
    Shag said:
    Wilma said:
    He was drunk and fell down the gap, cut head, hopefully knocked some sense into him! 
    He wasn’t drunk, he slipped. He’s a lifelong CAFC fan that i know. Just glad he’s alright, he was very lucky.
    I apologise then, although the guy with him was staggering about and holding cans. Glad to hear he's okay but as he walked back down the platform with no help, I assumed it wasn't anything serious. 
  • Options
    will be glad when the bexleyheath line is back.....those drills / diggers have been firing up at 6am on the dot at the moment !!
    Yup, have been very loud at times, this morning in particular. 
  • Options
    Took this snap from Long Lane bridge this morning.  Looks like a huge project on the Bexleyheath line.  Seems a good job being done - just hope they're doing the correct side  :|

• Options
    Just thought the same DS.  No chance will the trains be running Monday!
  • Options
    And it will all be finished by Monday, of course. 
    Which Monday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Just thought the same DS.  No chance will the trains be running Monday!
    I'm kinda thinking the same myself. Surely the weather this week has not helped. 
  • Options
    Notice the fuckers are only allowing compensation based on their amended timetables for the week in which they aren't running any fucking trains.
  • Options
    And my train was 5 carriages this morning. Which is basically the same as cancelling it except they don't have to pay any compensation.
  • Options
    unbelievably the trains were running fine this morning !
  • Options
    My Bexleyheath line train was running again and arrived at London Bridge TWO MINUTES EARLY! 
  • Options
    Took this snap from Long Lane bridge this morning.  Looks like a huge project on the Bexleyheath line.  Seems a good job being done - just hope they're doing the correct side  :|

Phwoar, that is filth
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    My Bexleyheath line train was running again and arrived at London Bridge TWO MINUTES EARLY! 
    And without a number of commuters who will have arrived at their station on time to find the train had already departed. Few things are more annoying.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    And without a number of commuters who will have arrived at their station on time to find the train had already departed. Few things are more annoying.
    My train arrives at Charring Cross early virtually everyday by up to 6 minutes.
     I think once the train gets to London Bridge it’s moved on as quick as possible to make way for others. It’s not really problem as it’s only a couple of stops to the of the line and there’s loads of trains.
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    My train arrives at Charring Cross early virtually everyday by up to 6 minutes.
     I think once the train gets to London Bridge it’s moved on as quick as possible to make way for others. It’s not really problem as it’s only a couple of stops to the of the line and there’s loads of trains.

Don't they fix the timetables to allow for delays?    I was told that some timetables say the train takes up to 7 minutes to get from Waterloo East to Charing Cross (even though it takes two minutes) so even if the train is delayed on its way in it still arrives at its destination on time.  They do this to avoid penalties I assume.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 year extension I read......
  • Options
    Currently delays on Woolwich Line “between Charlton and Slade Green” due to a trespasser on the line.
  • Options
    Problems at London Bridge meaning less trains running to and from Charing Cross, should be fun! 
  • Options
    It was snowing for an hour or so here (City). I expect Southeastern have gone into hibernation by now.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Just a reminder that some bright spark at Network Rail decided to close the Woolwich line for the whole of this coming weekend. This means no trains with buses between Lewisham and Charlton and Plumstead and Charlton. Southeastern haven't booked any extra buses before and after the match. 
  • Options
    No trains can go through St John's. Absolute madness.
  • Options

Was about to leave work and saw that everything is delayed or cancelled. 

I'm now sitting in Brewdog in Canary Wharf with a pint in hand watching the rain out of the window.

Let me know when it's safe to make my way to Lewisham, will you?

• Options
    Line side fire between New Cross and St Johns. On the wettest day of the year. Someone is having a bubble..,,
  • Options
    Oh good, en route back from 2 days working in Cardiff - something to look forward to - or just watch Wayne Rooney's Derby and take it from there. 
  • Options

Was about to leave work and saw that everything is delayed or cancelled. 

I'm now sitting in Brewdog in Canary Wharf with a pint in hand watching the rain out of the window.

Let me know when it's safe to make my way to Lewisham, will you?

Mate, this Coronavirus malarkey would have passed by the time I get home. My heavily delayed train is about to be terminated at Hither Green