Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Chaos at Dartford this morning, turned around and came back home. All due to the never ending signal failure at Lewisham that Network Rail won't fix! 
  • edited November 2019
    And slippery rails apparently (?!)
  • Rizzo said:
    And slippery rails apparently (?!)
    Yes, that too. And someone pulled the emergency alarm, which now seems to be the go-to excuse for Southeastern's Twitter team! 
  • edited November 2019
    Had to travel from Shepherdswell to Blackheath via Southeastern yesterday. Quite a decent journey there and back changing at Rainham and experiencing the new 700's.

Only real problem was the tits that use the trains.  Does nobody carry a tissue any more?  Sniff sniff, fucking sniff from various people on the trains and in the waiting room at Faversham.

Sort your noses out people.

• There are signal problem between Dartford and Gravesend - same place as signal problems yesterday that NotworkRail said they'd fixed - so expect delays and cancellations on all services on all lines even if they go nowhere near Dartford or Gravesend! 
  • Anybody know what happend at Cannon Street this morning??. Trains all over the place because of 'passenger disturbance' on a train outside the station.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody know what happend at Cannon Street this morning??. Trains all over the place because of 'passenger disturbance' on a train outside the station.
    Some bloke broke into the drivers carriage and set off the trains horn. Apparently people said they could hear it from St Paul's it was that loud.
  • edited November 2019
    Not sure if been mentioned before, so apologies if I missed it. I was made aware of this ongoing saga today. There are also plans to for Thameslinks to run services from Maidstone to London Bridge and Maidstone which were supposed to have started months ago, these were put back to next month.... but a few weeks ago were again delayed due to them not wanting to cause a repeat of the TL timetable fiasco. Meanwhile whilst they can't sort themselves out trains are failing, so are either being short formed or cancelled. They need new stock and quickly!
  • ".....allowing the Government more time to review and award a winner for the next South Eastern franchise."

That franchise was up for renewal in June 2018. They've already extended it about 5 times because they're too incompetent to make a decision. Pathetic.
  • MrLargo said:
    ".....allowing the Government more time to review and award a winner for the next South Eastern franchise."

That franchise was up for renewal in June 2018. They've already extended it about 5 times because they're too incompetent to make a decision. Pathetic.
    you should apply to run it mate
  • What no trespasser on the tracks or someone pulled the communication cord (is it still called that)?

Sorry I forgot these are Thursday excuses.
  • MrLargo said:
    3 journeys on South Eastern this week, 3 delays. Apparently a 7 minute delay (9.52, Hither Green to St Johns, delayed 9.59) is only a "slight delay".

It's f#*king not mate, it's a significant delay which meant that I had to jog back from the station in
    order to ensure I didn't miss the start of The Sweeney on ITV4.

Also, whilst they couldn't be bothered to muster up an excuse for this morning's feeble service, they did take the time to announce that my train doesn't have any "toileting facilities". When did toilet become a verb?! Have any other nouns been turned into verbs? Does the fact that I am wearing trousers mean that I am "trousering"?

Ridiculous.

They're the wankers that are trousering mate. Trousering our hard earned for a shit service.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw a big sign at Eltham station today that said there will be no trains for a whole week in February. (I assume half term?)

Those with a yearly travel card should enjoy the rebate obviously and those on the Sidcup line should book their jabs in the new year to pre-empt the infestation. 

• it's for 2 weeks I think that the Bexleyheath line is shut in Feb
  • oh blimey, i didn't even read the dates properly, just that it was more than a weekend. how grim is that going to be for all. 
    9 days, but 4 of those are on the weekend.
    9 days, but 4 of those are on the weekend.
    Isn't that Corbyn's latest boast ....4 day weekends under Labour ? 
  • I finally took the plunge in registering for the old "delay repay" about a month ago. Thanks mainly to the militant signals at Lewisham ("one out, all out") I've had about a dozen repayments already - albeit it's only £1.30 a pop.

Someone in work tried to tell me it was "good" that I'd got these repayments, until I pointed out that paying a rip-off amount up front for a monthly ticket wasn't some sort of fucking savings plan!
  • Sidcup line buggered. 
  • And the bus drivers to eltham decide to only half fill buses. Happy Monday. 
  • Eltham line buggered. 
  • Got an Uber all the way in today.  Will be claiming it back from Southeastern.  F***ing useless C***s.

Got to Bexley at 05:15, no trains until at least 6am.  These jokers couldn't run a bath!