Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Am at Lewisham and nothing going down Sidcup line, just saying delayed 
    No biggie - I’ll just get off at Eltham instead of Mottingham........
  • Utter shitshow at Cannon St.
  • Train just pulled in and the bloke working on the platform didn’t have a clue where it was going. 

Thankfully it’s a Sidcup train but they really are f*****g useless.
  • person on the track if no valid reason should be nailed to a cross outside london bridge station, as a future warning to not do it again, what is worth a chuckle is the live updates of the barnehurst landslide a load of staff posing for photos "assessing the situation" we really are so behind when it comes to technology and you know getting on with things. 
  • When we had the derailed freight train blocking the Sidcup line for the week two years or so ago i claimed the 2+hours each day and it wasnt disputed
  • Trespasser on South Western this afternoon as well.  Got delayed travelling in (still chaotic now trying to get out)

whilst stuck on the way in at Woking, the guard announced that they’d got the trespasser but there would be a delay while they restored the track power.

Surely they’re missing a trick here?  Leaving the power on might help to clear the line
  • edited February 2019
    Travelled from Welling to Gloucester for work on Tuesday then onto Swansea last night and then back from there to London and onto Welling today. Guess which two legs of that journey were buggered? Had to get a taxi to Sidcup station at 5.30 on Tuesday morning to get me into Paddington in time for the Gloucester train. Only just made it as the train decided to hang around near Lewisham for about 15 minutes for no apparent reason. Then coming back from Charing Cross today there were obviously no trains on the Bexleyheath line and everything on the Sidcup line was cancelled or delayed. Ended up on a train to Chislehurst and getting the wife to pick me up from there.
    The trains to and from Paddington were both on time departing and arriving. Even the 1-carriage train from Gloucester to Newport last night was on time.
    Complete and utter tossers, both Southeastern and Network Rail.
  • Hastings line was effectively cancelled all day yesterday. 

Conductor just apologised for today's ("slight"!) delay of only 9 minutes and quipped "At least it's better to arrive late than not at all like yesterday"

Yes that is the standard motto Southeastern are working to in 2019 for my £500 per month fare.

Clowns.
  • Bexleyheath line now not opening until next week.

No loop service to The Valley for you Bexleyheath liners.

• They appear to have lost 100 tonnes of landslip as well, it was 400 tonnes this morning!!

• Sponsored links:

• The guy with the beach spade tasked with clearing it up has been busy today and has moved 100 tonnes. 

Admittedly only 5 yards but the mud castles look amazing. 
  • Due to broken down train at Erith,there are no London bound trains on the Woolwich line at present.

• this week probably has to be one of the worst for commuters, now down to 1 out of 3 metro lines running because of the failure to maintain track and trains, about time something was done about the shit service provided by south eastern railway. 
  •  @Se_Railway
    FollowFollow @Se_Railway
    More

UPDATE: Depot staff have made repairs to the faulty train and it is on the move towards the depot. The line through #Erith is now open again however services are still likely to be disrupted.

• Got £6.20 on Delay Repay for Monday morning. Will do the rest of the week in another claim once it's back to normal*.

*meaning utter crap
  • Utterly f%*king shambolic week. Shameless, thieving tossers. I cannot believe that weeks like this are allowed to happen and all you get is "feel free to claim back a poxy 2 quid on delay repay. They need to have a word with their Twitter people as well:

"What time will I actually get home tonight?" Standard response "Sorry we're too busy to respond to all of your Tweets at the moment"
    But if someone says "You're a joke of a company that treats its customers like sh!t" then all of a sudden they've got 15 minutes spare to tell you how mean it is to say they don't care.

Imagine any business that doesn't have hostage customers behaving like this, they wouldn't last a week.  

• MrLargo said:
    Utterly f%*king shambolic week. Shameless, thieving tossers. I cannot believe that weeks like this are allowed to happen and all you get is "feel free to claim back a poxy 2 quid on delay repay. They need to have a word with their Twitter people as well:

"What time will I actually get home tonight?" Standard response "Sorry we're too busy to respond to all of your Tweets at the moment"
    But if someone says "You're a joke of a company that treats its customers like sh!t" then all of a sudden they've got 15 minutes spare to tell you how mean it is to say they don't care.

Imagine any business that doesn't have hostage customers behaving like this, they wouldn't last a week.  

That guy works for Welling in their press office.
  • jusr recieved £49.60 back on monday and tuesday delays so worth doing imo, i would advise people to do 2 hours and just say you was on the 5.49am bnh to vic and the 17.34vic to bnh services as thats what i have done. 
  • Hastings line was effectively cancelled all day yesterday. 

Conductor just apologised for today's ("slight"!) delay of only 9 minutes and quipped "At least it's better to arrive late than not at all like yesterday"

Yes that is the standard motto Southeastern are working to in 2019 for my £500 per month fare.

Clowns.
    Glad we went up yesterday then only late by 10 mins....to Hither Green via Orpington.
  • Sponsored links:

• after seeing the works done at barnehust the workers have to of been on day rate to take a week to do that
  • jusr recieved £49.60 back on monday and tuesday delays so worth doing imo, i would advise people to do 2 hours and just say you was on the 5.49am bnh to vic and the 17.34vic to bnh services as thats what i have done. 
    Still awaiting any repayment. Must be flooded with these. My aim is to get my season ticket paid for next month :lol:

• Trains running slow through ..... u guessed it .... the Lewisham area.

No excuse given so far, but my guess is “congestion caused by shitness”.
  • My train was late leaving Dartford today "due to over-crowding" as it was short-formed of only four carriages - it starts from Dartford, so not sure how it's got over-crowded before even setting off! 
  • Wilma said:
    My train was late leaving Dartford today "due to over-crowding" as it was short-formed of only four carriages - it starts from Dartford, so not sure how it's got over-crowded before even setting off! 
    Well with 10 carriages my train is generally completely full by the time it leaves Welling. I would imagine 4 carriages would be full before it even starts.
  • Rizzo said:
    Wilma said:
    My train was late leaving Dartford today "due to over-crowding" as it was short-formed of only four carriages - it starts from Dartford, so not sure how it's got over-crowded before even setting off! 
    Well with 10 carriages my train is generally completely full by the time it leaves Welling. I would imagine 4 carriages would be full before it even starts.
    It starts at Dartford, where I got on, but didn't bother to pull out of the sidings just outside the platform until the time it was due to leave. It wasn't overcrowded when it arrived at Dartford as nobody except the driver was on it! 
  • It’s already started at Cannon Street, my train was due to leave 20 minutes ago and the announcements are little more than “inform customers mmmmmmmmmmumbleswerve delays in the Cannon Street area sasshhhhhhffffmmmmumbleswerve” 
  • Bunch of shysters