Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options

Nasty little team Forest Green Rovers. Expect diving, mobbing the referee and off the ball elbows if he maintains his FGR style,

So should fit in well at Leeds then!

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Wednesday put in a bid for Ross, he looks like he'd jump at a chance to move to a more stable Yorkshire club that's going places.

Not sure he'd drop down to league one tho
    In a few weeks you will see, that's all i'm saying.

• Options

I wouldn't be surprised if Wednesday put in a bid for Ross, he looks like he'd jump at a chance to move to a more stable Yorkshire club that's going places.

Rotherham?
  • Options
    taken from Twitter - no idea if it is is true

"LUFC players have been told to take packed lunches to training and wash their own kit as the club tries to drastically cut costs"
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Not sure he'd drop down to league one tho
    In a few weeks you will see, that's all i'm saying.

How's that coming along ?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I can see Leeds fighting a relegation battle this season. Well at least until they sack Hockaday, which will probably be after about 10 league games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the Gossip section on BBC website it says:- Goalkeeper Paddy Kenny, 36, has been dropped by Leeds because the club's owner Massimo Cellino hates the fact the goalkeeper is born on 17 May. Cellino believes 17 is an unlucky number.

Absolutely bonkers.
  • Options
    Could be Greenie, he looks 17 stone and 17 is the unlucky number.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Neil Warnock on Talksport suggested Kenny made himself that big on purpose because Leeds dropped him last season for "somebody not as good" (Jack Butland)
  • Options

Neil Warnock on Talksport suggested Kenny made himself that big on purpose because Leeds dropped him last season for "somebody not as good" (Jack Butland)

Maybe it's so he doesnt have to move to save a penalty?

• Options
    iaitch said:

On the Gossip section on BBC website it says:- Goalkeeper Paddy Kenny, 36, has been dropped by Leeds because the club's owner Massimo Cellino hates the fact the goalkeeper is born on 17 May. Cellino believes 17 is an unlucky number.

Absolutely bonkers.

Bastard, that's my birthday too.
  • Options

Belated Happy Birthday Dave.
  • Options
    Paddy Kenny was excellent against us at The Valley last season. I'd sign him up if he wasn't on £10k a week.
  • Options
    Agree, if you took him and McCormack out that game we would have had three more points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like Paddy Kenny. A good keeper and seems like a normal decent bloke. Also dealt well with some disgusting personal p taking at the Valley some years ago.
  • Options
    Paddy Kenny was excellent for Leeds at Hillsborough last season, fat Pig. 6-0.
  • Options
    Just seen that picture of Paddy Kenny - Bloody Hell!

A mate of mine used to play at Charlton in the Curbishley era and he said Curbs was unbelievably strict about coming back to training at your playing weight.

Every year on Day 1 of pre-season training all the players would be weighed and for every kilo they were over weight they would cop a pretty heavy fine, I think this happens at a lot of clubs.

My friend would take his holidays right away after the players broke up and have three weeks away somewhere putting on a good stone in weight with beers and more beers - and then spend the next three getting into shape for pre-season training.

No surprises that a certain Mr. Peter Garland was one of the players that used to struggle most to avoid the fines!
  • Options

J
    No surprises that a certain Mr. Peter Garland was one of the players that used to struggle most to avoid the fines!

He was a fat fooker when he was playing, surely he couldn't have put on any more weight.
  • Options
    At last - I look like a footballer!
  • Options
    What's next for Leeds is to panic when they read stuff like below!!!

The Professional Footballers' Association is investigating claims Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino ordered his head coach not to select Paddy Kenny because of his birth date.
    Reports claim the Italian has made the move because he considers the goalkeeper to be bad luck because he was born on 17 May.
    Leeds and ex-QPR man Kenny have declined to comment on the allegations.
    Cellino, who took over in April, dislikes the number 17.
    Born on the 17th
    Other players who would fall foul of Massimo Cellino's unusual policy

Carlos Alberto (July 1944)

Jaap Stam (July 1972)

Alvaro Recoba (March 1976)

Thierry Henry (August 1977)

Edin Dzeko (March 1986)

Shinji Kagawa (March 1989)

He had seats at former club Cagliari taken out and replaced with 16B.
    He is also unhappy with Kenny's fitness and the player has not been taken on their pre-season trip to Italy.
    On Thursday, Leeds, who named former Forest Green Rovers manager Dave Hockaday as head coach last month, signed former Reading goalkeeper Stuart Taylor.
    Since Cellino's takeover they have embarked upon a cost-cutting exercise that has seen the canteen at their training ground closed down.
    Players have been forced to bring packed lunches and order in sandwiches.
    (Source=BBC).
  • Options
    edited July 2014

What's next for Leeds is to panic when they read stuff like below!!!

The Professional Footballers' Association is investigating claims Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino ordered his head coach not to select Paddy Kenny because of his birth date.
    Reports claim the Italian has made the move because he considers the goalkeeper to be bad luck because he was born on 17 May.
    Leeds and ex-QPR man Kenny have declined to comment on the allegations.
    Cellino, who took over in April, dislikes the number 17.
    Born on the 17th
    Other players who would fall foul of Massimo Cellino's unusual policy

Carlos Alberto (July 1944)

Jaap Stam (July 1972)

Alvaro Recoba (March 1976)

Thierry Henry (August 1977)

Edin Dzeko (March 1986)

Shinji Kagawa (March 1989)

He had seats at former club Cagliari taken out and replaced with 16B.
    He is also unhappy with Kenny's fitness and the player has not been taken on their pre-season trip to Italy.
    On Thursday, Leeds, who named former Forest Green Rovers manager Dave Hockaday as head coach last month, signed former Reading goalkeeper Stuart Taylor.
    Since Cellino's takeover they have embarked upon a cost-cutting exercise that has seen the canteen at their training ground closed down.
    Players have been forced to bring packed lunches and order in sandwiches.
    (Source=BBC).

Look at the video of Kenny training. I doubt his Birthday is the reason he's been dropped. Seems to be a basket case of a club though.
  • Options
    Seem to remember Yann coming back to pre season in similar condition.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    SantaClause said:
    Look at the video of Kenny training. I doubt his Birthday is the reason he's been dropped. Seems to be a basket case of a club though.

He's always been small and dumpy. As is Cellino's brain!