Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options

Granpa said:

Be careful what we wish for folks.

A goal in open play is currently top of my list.........
    #dreamer
  • Options

Granpa said:

Weren't there two of those on Saturday? Oh, sorry, I see what you mean, a Charlton goal in open play. Are you currently saving for your 2015-16 season ticket?
  • Options
    They were losing £1m a month and he pumpedin £6m since he was interested, tough times ahead for such a big club
  • Options
    After facing a Forest team in disarray we face a team in even more disarray next week now all we need is Derby to go belly up.http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26752394
  • Options

Granpa said:

You must be on cloud nine today my friend.
  • Options

I really couldn't give a rat's ass what happens to L***s United.

You really don't like them do you mate, I just get that feeling :-0 got my tickets yesterday btw :-)
  • Options
    Dirty cnunts Leeds filthy annoying nthn mugs
  • Options

No RC, I really don't. It's more about the fans than the club itself. My first experience of football hooliganism was at Elland Road when as an eight year old I went with my mate and his dad to watch Leeds play Liverpool (81ish) and it was kicking off in the ground and out. Bit scary at that age. Then at 15 I was very nearly beaten up by a group of pissed up Leeds fans on a train just because I was reading a SWP paper. Lucky escape.

They're just scummy feckers who take pride in their ignorance and their reputation of being a 'hard' club. For a club that admittedly had some success years ago their arrogance and sense of entitlement now is baffling. They get decent crowds because they're one club in a very large catchment area so it's not really a surprise. During their flirtation with success and European adventures in the 90s their 'fans' were unbearable. Classless summed them up.

Justifiably known as 'the Millwall of the North'.

Splitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No RC, I really don't. It's more about the fans than the club itself. My first experience of football hooliganism was at Elland Road when as an eight year old I went with my mate and his dad to watch Leeds play Liverpool (81ish) and it was kicking off in the ground and out. Bit scary at that age. Then at 15 I was very nearly beaten up by a group of pissed up Leeds fans on a train just because I was reading a SWP paper. Lucky escape.

They're just scummy feckers who take pride in their ignorance and their reputation of being a 'hard' club. For a club that admittedly had some success years ago their arrogance and sense of entitlement now is baffling. They get decent crowds because they're one club in a very large catchment area so it's not really a surprise. During their flirtation with success and European adventures in the 90s their 'fans' were unbearable. Classless summed them up.

This is absolutely spot on word for word.

• Options

You tell 'em, AUN !!!!!

• Options

I really couldn't give a rat's ass what happens to L***s United.

Thought you are a fellow veggie !
    Why bring animals into a thread about.....er.......

• Options
    @nth london addick thought Cov were the northern mugs ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    From BBC website

Leeds United's owners are in talks with Massimo Cellino and other third parties as they look to find a way to afford this month's wage bill.

Players and staff are due to be paid on Friday but the club's owners, Gulf Finance House Capital (GFH), need £2m.

Cellino is attempting to buy the club but the Football League blocked his proposed takeover on Monday.

Senior figures at Elland Road insist the club will not go into administration.

Italian Cellino, who agreed to buy a 75% stake in the club in February, has paid the club's wage bill for the past two months, while managing director David Haigh has put in around £1.5m of his own money to keep the club running.

It is understood the Championship club are losing between £1m and £1.5m per month.

Though Cellino is set to appeal against the decision to block his takeover, he is understood to be unwilling to add to the £6m-plus he claims he has already invested.

However, GFH believe they have an agreement with Cellino's company, Eleonora Sport, that commits them to cover the club's costs for a six-month period, even if their takeover fails.

If Cellino continues to hold off investing more funds, GFH may be forced to borrow the money.

• Options
    edited March 2014

Fully understandable mate, I've never had any bother with them personally but I know where you are coming from because I had a similar experience as a teenager at the old Den although I wasn't reading the SWP but was wearing a red and white scarf! I've got a good track record results wise down the years on visits to Elland Rd so heres hoping we get something from the game next Tuesday. Last season's game was expunged from their fans memories almost immediately and we were referred to as 'that team' because we dared to take a point off them with a Dorian low driller just after half time whilst I was still in the bar, saw it on the TV monitor though ha ha. Wonder if Robbie Elliott will put in another appearance with us fans like he did then and at Bramall Lane the other week, we need everyone we can muster :-)
  • Options
    Cov are just filth scum of the entire earth mugs
  • Options
    @AddickUpNorth‌ Tim Krul out injured for next three games and as Robbie Elliott likely to deputise from this Saturday, maybe he won't venture to Elland road on Tuesday after all :-(
  • Options
    The reason why we should take an interest is to make sure the FL deduct the correct number of points when they go into admin, and don't let them get away with it through spurious appeals to save their necks this season
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Staff been paid but players haven't apparently

Let's hope they still haven't been paid by Tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The reason why we should take an interest is to make sure the FL deduct the correct number of points when they go into admin, and don't let them get away with it through spurious appeals to save their necks this season

Hasn't the deadline for having points deducted this season already passsed. Seen it in a few places that the deadline was yesterday. So if they go into admin now, points will come off next season.
  • Options
    Leeds United's players have agreed to defer part of their wages for March, Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor has told BBC Radio Leeds.

The players were due to receive their wages on Friday, but only the general members of staff were paid.

"Arrangements are in place with regards to payment and there is going to be some proportion of wages paid today and more next week," he said.

"The players are OK with it."

He added: "Leeds is a big club with a large fan-base and we have no reason to believe that things won't be sorted in the near future.

"I'm hoping that administration can be avoided."

On Monday, the Football League blocked Massimo Cellino's takeover of the club, although the Italian has since lodged an appeal against the decision.

Leeds owner GFH Capital believed that Cellino was contractually obliged to pay this month's wages regardless of the status of his takeover.

The 57-year-old, who has paid the last two wage bills, has invested over £6m in the club in the last two months while managing director David Haigh has put in £1.5m of his own money.

Haigh said earlier this month that there was "no chance" that the club could enter administration for a second time.

The Elland Road side are currently losing more than £1m a month.
  • Options
    Some Leeds fan rung up Ken Bates and Cellino and got them to talk, the Cellino one is madness
  • Options
  • Options
    like Forest, no better time to be playing them
  • Options
    What next for Leeds United? A 3-0 defeat at the hands of the mighty Addicks, I hope.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    A passionate man but you wouldn't want him anywhere near your club.
    What was he thinking saying all that to fan?
  • Options
    The bloke is mad. As if you'd tell all that over the phone to a bloke who you didn't know!
  • Options
    Whole transcript here:

http://shrib.com/1Nsnde17