Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• Options

I wish they'd failed Roland.

why?
    Cos I don't like what he's done to the Club, don't feel comfortable with the direction we're taking, and don't feel like I'm supporting Charlton anymore. Shoot me down if you like and maybe I've been spoilt by 20 years of Charlton being run with our club's best interests exclusively at heart, but I don't like the bloke.

Maybe next season we'll be flying at the top with a team full of exciting youth products and I'll change my view of him, but I doubt it and at the moment I'd rather somebody else owned us.
    So you would rather be in the hands of TJ and MS? I can#t think of worst timing for a takeover, lets get through this season before we judge Roland and Kate .. you could be right, but you could also be wrong. The only thing I really hold against him is not immediately rep[lacing Yann with someone who can put the ball in the back of the net and yes that is a cardinal sin. Stephens was always going to go north south and we got some money for him and got Diego into the team who is more solid and more consistent.

• Options
    Can't Roland speak to them and get McCormack on loan with deal to sign him for half the money owed to the Italian fella upfront
  • Options
    Feel sorry for their fans. Amazing support.

A club of their size with that support should be challenging for a european place every season, not f*cking about in the bottom half of the championship.
  • Options

A club of their size with that support should be challenging for a european place every season, not f*cking about in the bottom half of the championship.

Used to feel sorry for clubs like this but they've chucked more and more money and got deeper into debt whilst clubs like ours have cut our cloth accordingly and are struggling as a result. F*ck em, should be relegated.

Have we? We'd probably be in administration ourselves if it wasn't for Roland.

Whatever their owners have done, it's not the fault of the fans.
  • Options

Used to feel sorry for clubs like this but they've chucked more and more money and got deeper into debt whilst clubs like ours have cut our cloth accordingly and are struggling as a result. F*ck em, should be relegated.

Have we? We'd probably be in administration ourselves if it wasn't for Roland.

Whatever their owners have done, it's not the fault of the fans.
    True but we've not been throwing money at players like they have.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Scene at the FA Fit and Proper person committee hearing.
    Suit ''Ah welcome Mr Cellino, what can we do for you?'
    I'd like to own a football club
    Suit ''Certainly, that shouldn't be a problem. I mean we've had that lovely Mr Taksin, the splendid Vincent Tam, those wonderful poultry magnates the Venky's, lovely Mr Risdale, not forgetting Mr Craig Whyte. So it shouldn't be a problem.Who do you want to own?''
    Leeds United
    Suit '' I'm sorry sir, but that's just madness. Application refused. Next''
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for admin, whilst I don't want any club to go into admin, it's a dog eat dog world and needs must
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

why?
    Cos I don't like what he's done to the Club, don't feel comfortable with the direction we're taking, and don't feel like I'm supporting Charlton anymore. Shoot me down if you like and maybe I've been spoilt by 20 years of Charlton being run with our club's best interests exclusively at heart, but I don't like the bloke.

Maybe next season we'll be flying at the top with a team full of exciting youth products and I'll change my view of him, but I doubt it and at the moment I'd rather somebody else owned us.
    Well rounded argument - stop crying
  • Options

Oh please, if it wasn't for Roland we'd probably be in the same position as Leeds
    13th?
  • Options
    Leeds are scum simple
    Deserve what they get
  • Options
    Scummy club. Scummy fans, Scummy town - hope they go down the tubes.
  • Options
    I always thought there were extra sanctions for clubs who fell into admin twice in the space of 10 years - this would be leeds if they happen to do so this year ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

why?

Well rounded argument - stop crying

Oit sturgess

you should've invested your cafc salary wisely or tried harder to be a top player
    In my opinion you lacked a first touch and had a useless barnet

I think you should've scored more goals win more headers and been stronger in the tackle

Had you done that and earnt the millions available to you as a top England international and cafc legend we wouldn't be relying on RD as you could've bought us or led us to triple champions league titles

So really you should stop feeling sorry for yourself and not worry to much after all you were part of the problem
  • Options
    You've got to ask why block Leeds when they've allowed the takeovers of Birmingham, Watford, Coventry, Cardiff, Hull and Charlton and have no intention of investigating those clubs either.
  • Options
    Birmingham could also be faced with Administration given the state of their finances and those of the owner who is now in or about to be imprisoned.
  • Options
    Would love to sign McCormack, although I'm guessing 23 other clubs at least will be trying to get him on the cheap now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Would love to sign McCormack, although I'm guessing 23 other clubs at least will be trying to get him on the cheap now.

Not forgetting half of the Premier League.
  • Options
    how was abromavich allowed. he is a full on russian mafia boss that used to be a thief. double standards. all for owners being blocked but block all theb ad ones, not just the ones that want leeds
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I understand Celinio's previous convictions were "spent". He has just been convicted by a Sardinian court of tax evasion and this is the reason he falls foul of the fit and proper person test.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/0/8c/0,,10794~166912,00.pdf

• Options
    Allegedly jack master you need to add to that post pal
  • Options
    I am not an expert but there are different residency status.

Non resident means you spend less than 3 month a tax year in UK - this relates to income tax and other taxes.

Non domicile relates to where you are taxed for inheritance tax only - you have to live in the UK for 20 years for your domicile to be deemed to be changed
  • Options

vff said:

Carl Harris ?

In 1982 we bought Carl Harris from Leeds for £100k (which was a large sum for us then).

We didn't keep up the payments and Leeds pushed CAFC into being wound up. We were saved with 15 minutes to spare but the new owners then took us to Selhurst.

Yes, we should have paid on time but they knowingly pushed another club to the brink of extinction. What goes around comes around.

Remember Carl Harris.
    Sounds like a t-shirt opportunity for our game up there...
  • Options

how was abromavich allowed. he is a full on russian mafia boss that used to be a thief. double standards. all for owners being blocked but block all theb ad ones, not just the ones that want leeds

The question is how is Abramovic allowed a lot of things. However they are such serious questions that they are probably not for discussion in a public forum like this. They are however good questions for your MP, especially at this time with the goings on in Ukraine.

One of the questions that can be aired is his non-dom status. I understand that our government believes it right to have a tax loophole whereby people can be considered non domiciled here which means they avoid paying tax, and this despite the fact hat they have significant interests in the country. Curiously,this only applies to rich people. I could not apply for non dom status, and this despite the fact that Abramovic patently spends more time in the UK than I do.

If any tax experts on here could correct or sharpen my understanding before I write to my MP I would be most grateful

I think we all know why Abrahmovich gets away with most things Prague - the same reason that his Arab and Chinese equivalents also get away with it!
  • Options
    What a sad state for a Club that should be in the Premiership. Be careful what we wish for folks.