Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What next for Leeds United - possible NFL takeover p18

Comments

• First person to ever fail the test?
  • The options for Leeds seemed to be Cellino as owner or administration. They couldn't win.

Difficult times ahead at Elland Road.
  • Administration, minus 10 points and us all wishing Millwall had nicked a point as they go into free fall?
  • Think it depends on how much Cellino already put into the club and therefore how much they now owe him. Think administration is looming.
  • Administration, minus 10 points and us all wishing Millwall had nicked a point as they go into free fall?

I wouldn't wish Millwall nicking a point from anywhere as we are so tight with them on the table.
  • Think it depends on how much Cellino already put into the club and therefore how much they now owe him. Think administration is looming.

Apparently, they owe him £6m.
  • I wish they'd failed Roland.

Oh please, if it wasn't for Roland we'd probably be in the same position as Leeds
    What mid table and grass on the pitch, I will have some of that :-)

Apparently, they owe him £6m.
    Yeah I've heard the same figure. I think there's another party that also put in a bid to buy them but apparently the bid was very shoddy and it doesn't seem like they will be able to pay Cellino off either. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

Hope it's not Administration feller. It's not a nice place to be stuck in.
  • Leeds will be on 37 points with administration. Definitely in the mix for relegation.

It is clear now why Connor Wickham was recalled to Sunderland.
  • Even if they go into administration, they'll still be good enough to stay up.

Not much chance of McCormack being there next season though.
  • Carl Harris ?
  • Read somewhere if they go into admin after Thursday any points deduction gets put over to next season
  • "From 2007–08, any club entering administration after the fourth Thursday in March would have their 10-point deduction suspended until the following season. If the club is relegated the points will be deducted from their tally at the start of next season. If the club stays up the 10 points will be taken off their final total"

why?
  • Read somewhere if they go into admin after Thursday any points deduction gets put over to next season

I thought I read that its only if it won't make a difference to them this season (i.e. if they would be safe anyway). If it is 20 points then they are definitely not safe?
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely the penalties for going into administration depend on the scale of the problem rather than how many times it's happened.

Luton were deducted 30 but Portsmouth (i think) only ever got 10 despite being almost constantly in admin over the past few years.
  • vff said:

Carl Harris ?

In 1982 we bought Carl Harris from Leeds for £100k (which was a large sum for us then).

We didn't keep up the payments and Leeds pushed CAFC into being wound up. We were saved with 15 minutes to spare but the new owners then took us to Selhurst.

Yes, we should have paid on time but they knowingly pushed another club to the brink of extinction. What goes around comes around.

Remember Carl Harris.
    Perhaps we thought we had one of those pay nothing for 2 years deals that Harris carpets used to give?
  • vff said:

Carl Harris ?

In 1982 we bought Carl Harris from Leeds for £100k (which was a large sum for us then).

We didn't keep up the payments and Leeds pushed CAFC into being wound up. We were saved with 15 minutes to spare but the new owners then took us to Selhurst.

Yes, we should have paid on time but they knowingly pushed another club to the brink of extinction. What goes around comes around.

Remember Carl Harris.
    Essential history. Thanks Henry. Really out of order the whole thing. Different regieme now though. After the game against Leeds at the Valley, I really disliked the cynical nature of the team, totally fooled the referee and the penalty against was a travesty.

Even with McCormack they are near the bottom of the form table.

why?
    Cos I don't like what he's done to the Club, don't feel comfortable with the direction we're taking, and don't feel like I'm supporting Charlton anymore. Shoot me down if you like and maybe I've been spoilt by 20 years of Charlton being run with our club's best interests exclusively at heart, but I don't like the bloke.

Maybe next season we'll be flying at the top with a team full of exciting youth products and I'll change my view of him, but I doubt it and at the moment I'd rather somebody else owned us.

Supposedly, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Sod that. Let's hope they end up bottom of the table.
  • lets face it we are rubbish ...but with birmingham and leeds with issues millwall ,barnsley and yeovil ...we may just survive !
  • He's got 14 days to appeal, unfortunately.

That means April, before admin would be declared. Would the league dare to dock them 20 points so late in a season?

• Last week the chairman or CEO of Leeds said that if Cellino is not approved they will not go into administration.
  • ross1 said:

Last week the chairman or CEO of Leeds said that if Cellino is not approved they will not go into administration.

Well they're losing 1m a month and now have to fin 6m to pay Cellino back so they'd better have deep pockets.

I assume McCormack will be sold so they can pay Cellino though.
  • Trevor Cherry on Talkshite last Thursday evening said as far as he was concerned Admin would be inevitable if takeover didn't proceed. Also said his club der served a far better owner too!