Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• 9.30 train, into Sheffield at 10.36. Looks like I'll be doing the drinking for all of us!

Gutted for the rest of you though.

Will be travelling up in advance, see you there.
  • probably had the 12pm ko booked up cause they thought weds would win, avoid trouble as much as poss
  • Hopefully we'll put the Huddersfield game back 24 hours.
  • Only as a Charlton fan could I have a cup quater final to look forward to and still end up pissed off and gutted.

That's exactly what I've been thinking.
    I know shit happens, but this decision has clearly been made without any consideration for the supporters whatsoever.
    It won't stop me going, but I feel angry and, for what it's worth, will let the FA know my feelings in no uncertain terms.

• May be of interest to those planning to travel up on Saturday. I have just booked up.

14.26 from St Pancras arriving Sheffield at 16.41 (£12)
    Jury's Inn Hotel (£29)
    Coach back from Meadowhall after the game Sunday afternoon (£6) - can either get 14.30 or 17.05

• May be of interest to those planning to travel up on Saturday. I have just booked up.

Jury's Inn Hotel (£29)
    Coach back from Meadowhall after the game Sunday afternoon (£6) - can either get 14.30 or 17.05

Travel and hotel for under 50 quid...thats pretty awesome!
  • It's shite. Probably give it a miss now.
  • wallin58 said:

About as bad as it could get for me. Half marathon that morning and probably won't have time to get home for it. Gonna have to run effing fast! Good on you everyone who goes up

well there's your motivation for a PB! which one are you running btw?
  • DanDavis said:

May be of interest to those planning to travel up on Saturday. I have just booked up.

Jury's Inn Hotel (£29)

Travel and hotel for under 50 quid...thats pretty awesome!
    Good route that. Would possibly need 5pm coach as Meadowhall looks a fair distance...
  • edited February 2014

Only as a Charlton fan could I have a cup quater final to look forward to and still end up pissed off and gutted.

Lol - exactly.
    Friday night was no good to most people, and now Sunday lunchtime seems to be shit.
    To me, easy answer - get up early !
    I'm gonna be there - just gonna get up at 6 - drive there , watch us win, drive back, simples - surely.?!
    Oh, and definitely take 5k. no problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• wallin58 said:

About as bad as it could get for me. Half marathon that morning and probably won't have time to get home for it. Gonna have to run effing fast! Good on you everyone who goes up

well there's your motivation for a PB! which one are you running btw?
    Cambridge! Gonna have to fly round and hope a pub is showing it
  • Over the moon its the Sunday.
    Going to see boxing at the York Hall on the Saturday and didn't want to miss either.
    Just means a late night followed by an early morning.
  • WSS said:

Saturday night out in Sheffield...

The fuse is lit. Let's AV IT!!!!!
  • Now that is all sorted, if CAFC make the Semi-Final and get the Sunday game there could be a Massive problem. The same day as the London Marathon.
  • Just put in Google Maps, Dartford to Sheffield United and it came out at 3 hours 12 mins.
    Easy !!
  • Driving there and back is a plan lots will have, the problem is getting somewhere to park at, say, 11.30 in time to get to the game, especially if there are loads of us.
    When we played Brighton last year it was handy to park near Lewes Station and get a train in. is there an easily Parkable station South of Sheffield to do the last leg, and that will get you into Sheffield around 11.30?
  • It's a Sunday, I wouldn't worry about parking. It's even free in London on a Sunday!! ;)
  • seth plum said:

Driving there and back is a plan lots will have, the problem is getting somewhere to park at, say, 11.30 in time to get to the game, especially if there are loads of us.
    When we played Brighton last year it was handy to park near Lewes Station and get a train in. is there an easily Parkable station South of Sheffield to do the last leg, and that will get you into Sheffield around 11.30?

When I was planning the Wednesday trip last week I was going to park up at Meadowhall Shopping Centre and take the tram in. I believe the tram into the city centre is only about 20 minutes and I think you can get off at a stop that's about 10 minute walk from Brammal Lane, not sure yet which stop though! Probably will do the same next week. Someone said to park close to M&S at Meadowhall as the tram station is just a footbridge away. Free parking too think the tram costs about £3.
  • Doncaster would be your best bet maybe...??
  • we have fans on here whom are on the fans forum now I reckon at least one if them could get the ear someone at the club and suggest a train being laid on there is nearly 10 days to the game it can be done
  • Sponsored links:

• Who remembers the coach to Halifax a couple of seasons ago? Left Well Hall at 5something. I'm pretty sure that was a 12.30 kick off.
  • time for Prague to do his "freedom of information act" bit & get to the truth of who made such a daft decision. Man City v Wigan doesn't need any trains or coaches and Hull & Sunderland aren't miles apart either............but no, they make the furthest team travel on a sunday where the first train doesn't even arrive before kick off & anyone driving would have to leave before the sun is up !!

Everton to Arsenal is 210 miles
    Charlton to Sheff Utd is 166 miles
    Hull to Sunderland is 140 miles

• It's a Sunday, I wouldn't worry about parking. It's even free in London on a Sunday!! ;)

Think he was more worried some would steal his car!!

Murder for hub caps going missing up that way
  • Can't even get from west London to south East London at that of the morning to get the coach. ****
  • Nug said:

seth plum said:

Driving there and back is a plan lots will have, the problem is getting somewhere to park at, say, 11.30 in time to get to the game, especially if there are loads of us.

When I was planning the Wednesday trip last week I was going to park up at Meadowhall Shopping Centre and take the tram in. I believe the tram into the city centre is only about 20 minutes and I think you can get off at a stop that's about 10 minute walk from Brammal Lane, not sure yet which stop though! Probably will do the same next week. Someone said to park close to M&S at Meadowhall as the tram station is just a footbridge away. Free parking too think the tram costs about £3.
    Nearest tram stop to the ground is the railway station (west street not much further).

TBH from meadowhall if you are going to Bramall Lane, the train from Meadowhall to Sheffield Station is quicker ~ 6 mins and is cheaper ~ £2 return

Nunnery Sq park and ride is an option.

Parking -free but not that close to ground
    - paid in town available and cheap on Sunday

Jury's Inn Hotel (£29)

Sounds crap, we have been well and truly shafted by the FA and every supporter should be up in arms and complaining....How can they arrange a game where a train does not run in to the host town from the away town until after KO, fucking ridiculous, somebody in the FA didn't bother or couldn't be arsed to check.
  • edited February 2014
    Is it realistic to park at Chesterfield Station and travel in?
    Or even a bit further south than Chesterfield?

Jury's Inn Hotel (£29)

if the club were to do a free coach you could get that back
  • Not sure what my plan will be
  • seth plum said:

Is it realistic to park at Chesterfield Station and travel in?
    Or even a bit further south than Chesterfield?

You can park there.
    Due to a landslide journey 30 mins instead of ~10 mins

Consider derby as well