Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

Comments

• PL54 said:

First train out of Euston is 0820 and doesn't get in until 1207.....

Do the FA not know this?
    Probably - but why would they care?!

• 9.30 train, into Sheffield at 10.36. Looks like I'll be doing the drinking for all of us
    Gutted for the rest of you though.

i think what Addickupnorth is saying is.If you want to stay at his house saturday night and catch the train with him he will buy you beer as well.what a top bloke

Lol slightly putting words in my mouth but hard to argue with your last point ;-)
  • edited February 2014

Can't do the Saturday night, so coach and a large bottle of "ahem" diet coke.

you on "That" Coach

• Absolutely effing shafted twice over! Midday sunday kickoff! Do the clubs involved get any say at all in the kick off times? It's not like BT sport has enough subscribers to make a gnat's nadger of difference to the viewing figures of some show pony league match on sky and most of the people actually interested in the match would try to be there. Possible allocation up to 5400 in a 32000 capacity ground stinks very badly too - they've got a 3000 seat corner so that plus behind one goal would be plenty more than 5400. Is there anyone left at the club who has any experience of going in to bat for us when these things crop up? Whatever happened to 25% of the capacity as the allocation for cup visitors? Blades will want to max the revenues from this game so the ticket price decision will be interesting, anything over £25 will keep the numbers down.
  • Re: Hull v Sunderland

• The FA has this afternoon put back the kick-off time from 1.30pm to 2pm, in order to avoid any clash with the broadcast of Sheffield United v Charlton Athletic, which starts at noon and will be shown on BT Sport.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-v-Sunderland-FA-Cup-quarter-final-shown/story-20698190-detail/story.html#ixzz2uMF6pLpX

I'm surprised they just didn't start our game even earlier
  • Ok - how do I get there from Brighton
  • we will sell all our tickets and we will win
  • PL54 said:

Ok - how do I get there from Brighton

Helicopter is your best bet!
  • edited February 2014
    DanDavis said:

Re: Hull v Sunderland

• The FA has this afternoon put back the kick-off time from 1.30pm to 2pm, in order to avoid any clash with the broadcast of Sheffield United v Charlton Athletic, which starts at noon and will be shown on BT Sport.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-v-Sunderland-FA-Cup-quarter-final-shown/story-20698190-detail/story.html#ixzz2uMF6pLpX

I'm surprised they just didn't start our game even earlier

lol! So why arent the FA and Media being forced to look at train times here... Could easily put the Man City v Wigan game on for 12pm... Sheff Utd v Charlton for 2pm and Hull v Sunderland for the 5:15 (or even the other way round with the Man City one)... But no people just cant be bothered and are too lazy arent they at these organisations!!

Edit just checked myself.

Wigan to Manchester... for 12noon kick-off... Easily done by train on Sunday morning
    London to Sheffield... from 2pm kick-off... Easily done by train on Sunday morning
    Hull to Newcastle... After 5:15pm Full-Time... Gets you home late but managable

Took me 10mins to work that out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• It's going to have to be a Saturday night out in Sheffield job! There are some cheap premier inns for £30 a night WITH full English!!! ;)
  • Bleeding conspiracy. It really is a wanky kick-off time.

selfish I know but I think its blinding

• 9.30 train, into Sheffield at 10.36. Looks like I'll be doing the drinking for all of us!I will be on the 08.55 from Manchester pic.

9.30 train, into Sheffield at 10.36. Looks like I'll be doing the drinking for all of us!

• I will be on the 08.55 from Manchester pic.
  • What happened to the Saturday night slot that was being touted around? Is it because Sky have Southampton v Liverpool on that evening and BT wouldn't want to go head to head?

S'pose I'll be at home well in time for tea and a bit of Songs of Praise.
  • best result for me so I am well chuffed, CAFC can lay on coaches or a train sorry for being selfish but its perfect for me

Baby being born sometime Monday
    Dog showing at crufts Sat
    CAFC winning and getting to semi final at Wembley Sunday

This could be quite a weekend for you, nla.

Fingers crossed all 3 go to plan - I'm sure they will

• edited February 2014

Bleeding conspiracy. It really is a wanky kick-off time.

Well he did say it was wanky...
  • Sponsored links:

• buzzing fanny really buzzing , could be a fantastic week, and not registering the baby till the Monday after the sheff utd game I may be able to sneak in a name of the goal scoring winning addick
  • PL54 said:

First train out of Euston is 0820 and doesn't get in until 1207.....

Do the FA not know this?
    they will tomorrow when I ring them & tell them.

I suggest we all call them on 08449808200 as (nice & politely) ask to speak to someone in charge

• buzzing fanny really buzzing , could be a fantastic week, and not registering the baby till the Monday after the sheff utd game I may be able to sneak in a name of the goal scoring winning addick

God I hope Anil Koc dont make his debut that week then ;-)
  • Utter and complete piss-take of the highest order.
  • About as bad as it could get for me. Half marathon that morning and probably won't have time to get home for it. Gonna have to run effing fast! Good on you everyone who goes up

Bound to be Reza, nla !

• edited February 2014

Absolutely effing shafted twice over! Midday sunday kickoff! Do the clubs involved get any say at all in the kick off times? It's not like BT sport has enough subscribers to make a gnat's nadger of difference to the viewing figures of some show pony league match on sky and most of the people actually interested in the match would try to be there. Possible allocation up to 5400 in a 32000 capacity ground stinks very badly too - they've got a 3000 seat corner so that plus behind one goal would be plenty more than 5400. Is there anyone left at the club who has any experience of going in to bat for us when these things crop up? Whatever happened to 25% of the capacity as the allocation for cup visitors? Blades will want to max the revenues from this game so the ticket price decision will be interesting, anything over £25 will keep the numbers down.

They changed the rules to 15 per cent years ago. I think 5,400 is reasonable, to be honest. Obviously when these issues have come up in the past, Peter Varney and later Steve Kavanagh would have spoken up for the club.

I wouldn't prejudge what has happened today around the scheduling, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the club to have a view and explain it to fans. Maybe tomorrow?
  • DanDavis said:

Its a horrible kick off time admittedly but the atmosphere thing works for both sides - I bet their lot would have preferred 5.15 on the Saturday.

You shouldnt need a booze to make a noise at a cup QF

I agree with Southend...the 'lack' of atmosphere may play into our hands.

Although I completely agree it a terrible start time and it sucks watching here on the East coast.....a nice 7am Sunday kick off time FFS

5am my time definitely going to have an effect on the atmosphere in my lounge

Ah, how sweet. Little Ghoochannejhad will be so proud in years to come!! ;-)

Seriously...sounds like a great weekend...all the best.

As for timings, pretty awful in terms of getting as many fans as possible there by as many options. This is all down to BT not wanting to go head-to-head with Sky's Saturday evening game.

I'll go up Saturday, but appreciate that this isn't any option for everyone. The clubs are basically presented with a done deal and didn't get much say on it. We now just have to get on with it and get as many there and create our own "sober" atmosphere and enjoy a good booze up afterwards.

COYR!!!

P.S. Anyone know where that Wetherspoons is on the motorway?? ;-)
  • edited February 2014
    My theory fwiw.

BT had games scheduled Friday night.

Saturday slots were already taken.

Charlton didn't want to play Monday, as we have a game on Tuesday.

That leaves Sunday at 12.00 or 18.00 or leave it untelevised on Saturady at 3pm.