Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup Quarter Final | 5,298 Allocation | Sunday 9th March 2014 (10 year bump)

1373839404143»

Comments

• i seem to remember most of our 4000 odd fans standing at fulham, wasn't much of a problem then, especially left of centre (facing the pitch) where we were
  • All 7k at Fulham stood.
    I'm sure all 5k stood at Boro too.
    90% of clubs away supports would stand at a game like this.
  • Was there any problems with the 7000 that stood at fulham?

Yes, massive punch-up amongst our own. Other fans in tears, blood over the seats etc.

Nothing to do with standing though!
  • Drug are bad mmkay.
  • Anyone know if u need a fire certificate for a flag in this ground? Serious question, tried to confiscate my flag at Wednesday.
  • However harsh it sounds to the lesser abled and the youth, it's part and parcel of AWAY games, you know what you're going to get pre-match really. If your one of 200 travelling up to Yorkshire on a cold Tuesday night, you get the pick of seats and view, with a packed house, people making a weekend of it and wanting to get right into this match (it is our biggest in years, after all), people will be standing regardless. There's no real solution, c'est la vie.

The best set-up imho is something like Bristol Rovers away, terrace for the standing lot, right by the action and a little stand for those that want to sit. Obviously it's a very small ground, but it works well.

Totally right. It is part and parcel of any busy match. It's happened for years and will happen for years to come.

It's a part of football. Grounds will not cater for away fans in that way. Remember as an away fan, you are the minority!
  • cabbie8 said:

Anyone know if u need a fire certificate for a flag in this ground? Serious question, tried to confiscate my flag at Wednesday.

apparently so but only if it requires one - flags over a certain size need a fire certificate to prove they are not flammable
  • Unfortunately mine is a big flag, similar size to seb's flag. I had it made back in 06 for World Cup so no certificate required back then. I've rung the company but it's too much hassle sending it back.
  • edited March 2014
    Just when you thought Charlton fans couldn't moan anymore....

• Sponsored links:

• 38.5Hrs.....
  • @PeteF has my flag if people want to use it at Sheffield.
  • PL54 said:

I hope after all this effort and expense by the fans that Powell and the team turn up and put some bleedin' effort in

Oh dear
  • 10 years ago yesterday the shit hit the fan.
    Little did anyone realize what that match result would end up doing to Charltons future. 
    Still glad I attended game and was at one of the biggest cock ups that Roland would pull.
    Wonder if Chris Powell was thinking about it yesterday?
  • Came up on my ‘memories’ yesterday too.  Seems like longer than 10 years with the crazy amount that’s happened since then.  Leaving at stupid o’clock because of the early kick off and then travelling home pretty much in silence…
  • Seems a lot longer than 10 years ago. Don’t think I’ve ever been so angry walking out of a ground.
  • We had traveled up the day before s enjoyed our Saturday evening in surrounding area.
    Drove home directly after game arriving back just about midnight. Very long day indeed.
  • Wrote about the match in current edition of MODmag. When things fell apart.

Thank goodness for the Jones’ effect as I’d be really struggling now if we still had Appleton or his ilk taking us to L2 ten years on from this. 
  • Imagine if Harriott didn’t miss that sitter…..  

Studied in Sheffield at the time and walked to the ground from my flat. Absolutely dreadful time as my girlfriend at the times family were all blades. 

The Wednesday game is a highlight still, with Sir Chris swinging from the crossbar. My boxing coach (Wednesday fan) wasn’t too pleased that we ruined their derby day. I happily took a hiding in sparring that week 😂 
  • Probably my low point supporting the club and on this forum. Really shit day. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 93Addick said:
    Imagine if Harriott didn’t miss that sitter…..  

We’d have only lost 2-1?
  • Harriott miss still hurts, absolute sitter and we probably would have gone through had he scored. 
  •  @TelMc32 and myself had a mate who was MD at the blades, at the time. Sat on the away end but went into the players’s lounge after the game. Had the ball eyes moment of look what you could’ve won when seeing their players jumping around having drawn Hull in the semi at Wembley. It was great viewing, felt like a big missed opportunity of actually getting to the final.