Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Oh bugg*r ,that's not great news! A lot of games coming up and not exactly experienced depth to our squad to deal with it. If nothing else we do like a challenge at Charlton.
  • Options

Oh bugg*r ,that's not great news! A lot of games coming up and not exactly experienced depth to our squad to deal with it. If nothing else we do like a challenge at Charlton.

He's bluffing
  • Options
    We've got a smaller loan budget than Carlisle.
  • Options
    "as things stand"

once the takeover goes through will be a different story i hope
  • Options
    Perhaps current owners can't or won't sanction spending a penny more on anything as a deal is close. Let's hope there is money in January because we'll need it.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

"as things stand"

Or there never was a takeover bid for the club. So are current owners want to make the income and expenditure of the club balance or near to as possible.
    That has obviously been the buisness plan since the end of last season, guess they will sell prize players if they get good offers in January.
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Swisdom said:

"as things stand"

Or there never was a takeover bid for the club. So are current owners want to make the income and expenditure of the club balance or near to as possible.
    That has obviously been the buisness plan since the end of last season, guess they will sell prize players if they get good offers in January.
    Does anyone really believe there was never a takeover bid for the club... really????!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
  • Options
    There is every possibility that there will not be anyone available that will improve our squad. If Cort and Wood come back into contention soon I don't think we are that short of options.

I don't see the point in taking players on loan when we have young(ish) players of our own that need games that are nowhere near the first team.
  • Options
    A keeper if Hamer is crocked, but other then that, we'll do little or no business
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

"as things stand"

Loan window closes this Thursday though so they better get a move on.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

A keeper if Hamer is crocked, but other then that, we'll do little or no business

Joe Hart is available but he's a big game bottler if you ask me ;-)

• Options
    I would have thought a loan striker and a defender are needed on loan. With Marvin failing to impress and Yanns dodgy ankles along with church's work rate it is conceivable that we are down to the bare bones striking wise and if we get another injury at right back then we ae lost for cover. January is a long way away
  • Options
    Apparently we have asked about Yeovil's paddy madden
  • Options
    Defoe is looking possible to go to FC Toronto , I'm sure Championship is a better level for him so maybe he could return "home"
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Where is that from?

hasn't scored for them all season and now been transfer listed for "attitude problems". Still a good scorer in league 1 and 6' 0'' so he'll please some

• Options

sammy391 said:

Where is that from?

hasn't scored for them all season and now been transfer listed for "attitude problems". Still a good scorer in league 1 and 6' 0'' so he'll please some

Our mate from Into the valley posted it yesterday
  • Options
    When I was a kid, I dreamt that charlton would one day bring in a player on loan that makes us all go "Wow", or at least be something half decent.

I'm nearly 47 & still waiting...........................
  • Options

When I was a kid, I dreamt that charlton would one day bring in a player on loan that makes us all go "Wow", or at least be something half decent.

Jorge Costa?
  • Options
    wasn't Alan Simonsen a loan player, you must remember going wow then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wasn't Alan Simonsen a loan player, you must remember going wow then?

Felt like a loan but it wasn't

• Options

Jorge Costa?
    Deffo. An amazing loan who was a rock and stil talks aabout us with warmth and afection became a legend.
  • Options

Not on loan I know but Alan Simonsen?
  • Options
    Powell also indicates in the interview that the loan rule is different for Goalies and they can be recalled on a game by game basis.

If this is true I would like Pope to stay at York at get games at L2 level and Dillon Phillips can sit on the bench until Hamer is fit enough.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Defoe is looking possible to go to FC Toronto , I'm sure Championship is a better level for him so maybe he could return "home"

But he is getting £90000 a week from Toronto according to the press, a shame we missed out on such a bargain.
    When you see sums like that for a player on the down curve you can see why Charlton can not afford top notch strikers.

• Options
    In other words, the Take Over thread is a blind alley.
  • Options
    Ipswich have taken this guy on loan from Villa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25138365

And Barnsley have taken Marcus Tudgay from Forest on loan. Decent goal scoring record.