Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Silly Things People Say!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Sitting there at the bar having a diet coke the the missus when she came out with this little bobby dazzler

"That tree looks like camouflage"

Then, realising her mistake, tried to style it out with

"Is the word camouflage French?"
  • Options
    Watching a history documentary with an X when the narrator said that so and so member of the Royal family had died of consumption.

X says "Why don't they just say they were an alcoholic like they would with us normal people?"
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Sitting there at the bar having a diet coke the the missus when she came out with this little bobby dazzler

I'm sorry. I just don't get the joke? The tree looks like camouflage ?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

BIG_ROB said:

That's the whole point of camouflage is to look like trees, or were trees designed to look like camouflage.....?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

BIG_ROB said:

shakes head and leaves thread
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

She's right, it is a French word.
  • Options
    Redskin said:

BIG_ROB said:

She's right, it is a French word.
    Redskin, are you female?
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Curb_It said:

BIG_ROB said:

That's the whole point of camouflage is to look like trees, or were trees designed to look like camouflage.....?
    I now can't stop laughing . And it's probably the third thickest thing I've said this week. Which is a bit of a worry

Nla go shake your head elsewhere. Xx

Kmt,
  • Options
    Actually can we delete all these posts? :-)

Thick!
  • Options
    Pmsl
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Made me laugh at 2am when feeding littlun and just had to read it and laugh again at 6am
  • Options
    True story a few years ago. We were driving South on the M1. I joked that we were going North and my wife said "We must be going the right way because the traffic going the other way is on our right" !!
  • Options
    Feel guilty about posting as in my experience women are far more intelligent and wise than us lot but, many moons ago, I took a girl to cricket at Canterbury (romantic soul I was, knew how to show a girl a good time etc). I went to get a pint and missed a wicket, a clean bowled. I got back and my lovely companion said: "you missed it. The bloke throwing the ball hit those three sticks. It was a fantastic goal."
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

True story a few years ago. We were driving South on the M1. I joked that we were going North and my wife said "We must be going the right way because the traffic going the other way is on our right" !!

That's absolutely priceless!

• Options
    In my defence I was a little tiddled... :-)
  • Options
    I still think my friends wife's comment when telling him about a work confrontation and calling it a "Mexican hat stand" wants some beating.
  • Options
    My mum (god rest her soul) made us laugh on numerous occasions, but her best 2 where:

During the winter of discontent, the power was off more times then it was on (for you younguns), we where sitting in the front room waiting for the lights to come on, when a coach came past on all its lights ablaze, you guessed it, oh good the powers back on. The really funny thing I got up to switch the lights on.

2nd one was during the 66 World Cup final, the first goal went in, and a few (seemed like) minutes a she announces that the 2 had been scored, shame we had to tell her it was a (not very) instant replay. But to be fair from memory it was the first time it used on British tele.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

In my defence I was a little tiddled... :-)

Guessed ; )
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This idiocy isn't from any of my girlfriends - they are far too smart - it was uttered by me, myself.

One day many years ago I was on a train at Wallington station when the whole system ground to a halt: a power failure, or something. So I got off and walked in to the minicab office next door, hoping to continue my journey. The controller sucked his teeth and told me there was at least a 30-minute wait for the next available cab; I sat down, but was nervous and agitated because I was laden with equipment - too much for hopping onto a bus - and was going to be late for my appointment.

I waited and waited. Half-an-hour passed, then 45 minutes; by now I was in a state of high anxiety. For the want of an explanation, I beckoned the controller: "I suppose all this disruption on the trains means your drivers are having trouble getting in to work."

The controller looked at me witheringly and said: "They do have cars, you know."

• Options
    I hoped you were B that was a tick bit of paddy coming out in you 8)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A girl I worked with said to me " Bristol Rovers is rhyming slang for women's breasts isn't it?"
  • Options
    Many moons ago when I was meeting my future m-i-l for the first time I needed some common ground for a conversation and I knew she was keen on cricket.

I managed to get the subject round to the game, and I didn't know much at that time about field positioning, so I asked her to explain some of the finer intricacies such as, short square leg, silly point etc.

To which she responded, 'Oh I don't know those' then after a short pause she added, 'But I know where the wicket keeper stands'.

• Options
    Mrs Stig is currently watching The Diary of Anne Frank and is clearly getting bored with it, "this doesn't seem to have moved very much"!
  • Options
    Went for a Chinese last night with the missus,

Me:- Do you want a bottle of house white?

Her:- Yes, that will be nice

Me:- Oh, its listed as Dry!

Her:- That's ok I'll have some water as well!

I kid you not!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Went for a Chinese last night with the missus,

Me:- Do you want a bottle of house white?

Her:- Yes, that will be nice

Me:- Oh, its listed as Dry!

Her:- That's ok I'll have some water as well!

I kid you not!

I take it she is from Essex as well.
  • Options
    Ha, ha yes she is, but I was born in Bexley and lived in Kent until I married her when I was 35. Very hard to get an Essex girl to leave Essex!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    To be truthful I'd rather have an Essex girl than some of the smart arsed women I've landed myself with. My second wife (I've had a few) was as think as two planks, but I loved the bones off her and we never had a cross word in our eleven year marriage.
  • Options
    Amen to that brother!
  • Options

To be truthful I'd rather have an Essex girl than some of the smart arsed women I've landed myself with. My second wife (I've had a few) was as think as two planks, but I loved the bones off her and we never had a cross word in our eleven year marriage.

honestly i'd get bored with a good looking plank, would probably not treat her well as i wouldn't have much respect for her. Just being honest really.
  • Options
    Know what you mean mate, it's not that my wife is thick, she keeps me well organised, but she has an amazing knack of coming out with stupid things as above. When she realises what she has said she laughs her head off!