Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Joint statement from CAFC & CAS Trust marks new era

Comments

• How long before @razil gets bladdered in the boardroom, spills beer over TJ, MS and RM, shouts wahey and runs away?

He has previous.
  • Timothy!!!!!
  • Ok congratulations. I've just signed up.
    Btw, I don't know if it was my PC, but I could only complete the application online by starting at the bottom & working upwards. It wouldn't accept any characters when attepting to complete from the top.
  • Thanks not heard that one, we are monitoring and testing for issues, particularly with the increase in traffic

12 new members already today, hits 1400, both are bests. Hopefully we can beat this in coming weeks and months
  • Fantastic results
  • How long before @razil gets bladdered in the boardroom, spills beer over TJ, MS and RM, shouts wahey and runs away?

He has previous.

Have you not seen the photos from the Bolton game?! Luckily Paul Elliott broke it all up before Razil, MS and David White came to blows

• razil said:

Thanks not heard that one, we are monitoring and testing for issues, particularly with the increase in traffic

12 new members already today, hits 1400, both are bests. Hopefully we can beat this in coming weeks and months

This is about double the previous best! Every few months we double the members, the email numbers/twitter followers and now the website hits...

More people, more ideas and more activities and we will double again before the end of 2013!

He has previous.

Have you not seen the photos from the Bolton game?! Luckily Paul Elliott broke it all up before Razil, MS and David White came to blows

Did Paul Elliott actually break it up, or did he tell a group of Celtic fans that he did and it turns out that it definitely wasn't true ?

No relation to any other news story of course, just wondering.
  • Lol.. What goes on in DB.. Etc

1560 hits today
  • Great results
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Lol.. What goes on in DB.. Etc

1560 hits today

That's 10% of the typical home gate - bloody hell!

• Well done peeps :)
  • Another overseas member on board now. Cheers folks
  • so maybe it looks like some fans thought the trust might be running against the club
  • Our surveys said people wanted a trust, we just need to reach people and convince them of the need for paid membership

18 new members since the announcement
  • is that family fortunes
    our survey
  • The Addicks Family..
  • There is now a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become the 350th member. Probably an hour left...................
  • Ok congratulations. I've just signed up.
    Btw, I don't know if it was my PC, but I could only complete the application online by starting at the bottom & working upwards. It wouldn't accept any characters when attepting to complete from the top.

It was done on purpose by Barnie to Mirror Charltons season.

• Just joined! Many thanks to Razil for all his hard work and vision.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2013
    The reason I only joined up yesterday was possibly the same as the majority.

A I wasn't convinced of what the trust could achieve (despite loads of links provided, which I couldn't be bothered to read) and wasn't 100% confident that it wouldn't fold within 6 months.

B I didn't really want to sign up early doors, as I don't want to get involved with all the meetings & getting coerced into helping out. I know I'm lazy, but that's the truth.

So I basically thinks it's laziness/can't be bothered attitude, that is holding the trust back. Nothing to do with £5.

It only took 5 mins to sign up & quite honestly that's less hassle, than to keep putting it off.

I think yesterday's announcement was a significant breakthrough for the trust (& the club) and on the strength of that I can no longer justify not offering my support.

I hope others agree with me & take 5 mins out of their day & follow suit.
  • I think the points you raise Covered End, particularly B are where membership takes off when a Portsmouth style catastrophe hits your club. Clearly we hope that will never happen and therefore we need to sell the value of the trust in "peacetime" (as Barney would say!). That's something we're working on and clearly yesterday's communication has been a huge boost in getting there. The figures in terms of hits and new members generated by yesterday's announcement have been staggering.
  • Will join up this evening when i get home

Ce nail on head pal
  • I also think a way forward is for everyone that has signed up, to e mail their Charlton supporting friends who haven't.
    I've just e mailed a dozen :-)

You could copy, paste & e mail the below if you're lazy like me :-)

I signed up yesterday following the joint announcement.

It can only help to build the club & make it stronger or even possibly save The Valley and or club in the future if the worst happened.

Yesterday's announcement is detailed below.

It takes 5 mins & costs a £5. I'd urge you all to follow suit please.

Charlton are to have a closer working relationship with the newly established Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust (CAS Trust http://www.castrust.org), the club announced on Friday.
    Following discussions between the two groups, the Addicks have confirmed that the club intends to work collaboratively with the CAS Trust in a bid to promote fan engagement.

Barnie Razzell

CAS Trust chairman Barnie Razzell said: “CAS Trust is an independent body, committed to preserving the football club for this and future generations.”Among the trust’s objectives are:*Giving the fans a voice and representing their interests in the running of the club*Actively supporting the club in achieving success on and off the pitch

*Assisting to preserve the long-term future of the club, and in particular its history, culture, values and identity in its community

Razzell added: “In line with these objectives, we are committed to a strong positive engagement with the club, including constructive criticism where necessary, and this initiative represents a big step in that direction for all concerned.

“I would like to commend the board, and the efforts of executive vice-chairman Martin Prothero and chief operating officer Steve Bradshaw and their team, as well as Richard Murray, for their support of this initiative.

“We hope that the added value we want to bring can encourage this relationship to flourish further, and we believe that when club and fans are working together effectively, the sky is the limit.”

It is hoped that the collaboration will involve a number of initiatives, including boosting attendances.

And fans will be able to collect a free edition of trust publication ‘TNT’ when they buy a Valley Review at the final home game of the season against Bristol City on Saturday, May 4th (12.45pm).

The club will also promote the trust’s next survey, when significant prizes will be available to those supporters who complete the survey.

“We would like to congratulate CAS Trust for putting in place the building blocks of a new form of fan engagement at Charlton,” concluded Bradshaw.

Steve Bradshaw

“Over a short period, they have built a growing network of more than 1,800 fans since launching in December and over 330 full members.“We feel that this is quite an achievement and that there is much to be gained from a partnership of this kind that will benefit the club and the trust, fulfilling the objectives of both organisations – which ultimately is to bring success on and off the pitch here at Charlton.” CAS Trust is registered and regulated by a strict code of conduct from national body Supporters’ Direct. For more information on the trust and how to join, visit http://castrust.org/join.
  • The reason I only joined up yesterday was possibly the same as the majority.

A I wasn't convinced of what the trust could achieve (despite loads of links provided, which I couldn't be bothered to read) and wasn't 100% confident that it wouldn't fold within 6 months.

B I didn't really want to sign up early doors, as I don't want to get involved with all the meetings & getting coerced into helping out. I know I'm lazy, but that's the truth.

So I basically thinks it's laziness/can't be bothered attitude, that is holding the trust back. Nothing to do with £5.

It only took 5 mins to sign up & quite honestly that's less hassle, than to keep putting it off.

I think yesterday's announcement was a significant breakthrough for the trust (& the club) and on the strength of that I can no longer justify not offering my support.

I hope others agree with me & take 5 mins out of their day & follow suit. </blockquote

too tight more like

• Great stuff CE
  • clb74 said:

The reason I only joined up yesterday was possibly the same as the majority.

I hope others agree with me & take 5 mins out of their day & follow suit.

Hmm, you know me too well :-)
  • Worthy of a sticky for a bit longer surely? Quick poll..

Yes
  • Sticky it or keep commenting/bumping.