Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gayle's Incredible 20/20 IPL Innings

2»

Comments

• Options
    Before this thread becomes a right laugh, I'm here with my big misery sponge. Gayle's a twat
  • Options
    A woman who landed her job based on her looks takes offence when man can't see past them?

• Options
    Is this cricket?
  • Options
    pathetic situation. What is the world coming to?
  • Options
    Basically he can't comment on her looks
    If he said "you are U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi you're ugly" he'd get in trouble as well

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Whilst agreeing that this is all a bit of a 'Storm in a Tea Cup', I think it only fair to point out that Mel MacLaughlin is a well respected sports journalist here, and used to head up Fox Sports coverage of the A League, before switching to the BBL on Ten.

She certainly know's her stuff, and certainly deserves better than to be treated as some kind of sexual object by Chris Gayle, live on National TV.

Of course he then went on to use the old 'banter' excuse, which I am sure he himself would accept if he was racially abused by a fan in the stands.
  • Options
    Gayle is a patronising twat with the mentality of a 15 year old. Love the fact that some still feel the need to defend him.
  • Options
    Aye. Total ninny.

Changing the subject. Where does Gayle stand in terms of all round greatest cricketer across all formats?

This assumes all formats are given equal weight.

He's a destructive batsman with two triple centuries (though I think they are against Bangladesh?) His bowling is tight and effective.

Got to be worth considering surely?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Before this thread becomes a right laugh, I'm here with my big misery sponge. Gayle's a twat

Knew you would be!
  • Options

This is double standards. If he asked a bloke out on a date on live TV he would have been hailed as a hero.

He would then have got in trouble for batting for the other side ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Of course he then went on to use the old 'banter' excuse, which I am sure he himself would accept if he was racially abused by a fan in the stands.

Since when was asking a woman out for a drink comparable to racial abuse?

To me, Gayle is guilty of nothing more than being a bit cocky. Complete over reaction.
  • Options
    Great cricketer, a joy to watch bat

Never met the man but it's been said by more than a couple of journalists and other cricketers he's at best pretty crass as an individual.

He made himself look stupid with his behaviour the other night but let's have it right, he wasn't abusing the lady. He did something stupid but not malicious it was more David Brent as opposed to Ron Atkinson
  • Options
    Gayle was sexist and embarrassed Mel. Not on. What he should be doing is playing for a struggling WIndies red team, but his heads too far up his arse for that
  • Options
    He's tried to bowl a maiden over which is no job for a batsman
  • Options
    She's a 7 in my book, worth a shot at certainly
  • Options
    More of a story if he's asked a bloke out on TV ....
  • Options
    Gayle is an ugly twat.
  • Options
    In answer to Chris from Sidcup, I think that racism and sexism make pretty comfy bedfellows don't you?

Was he asking her out for a drink, or was he using his supposed celebrity and status to demean and embarass a female journalist? If he wanted to ask her out then by all means do so - when she isn't working, and when she is off camera.

To use another analogy, how would Mr Gayle feel, if his interviewer was a gay man, who flirted with him and asked him out for a drink live on air?

Would he have been similarly amused, or as I suspect would have felt embarassed and humiliated at his place of work?
  • Options
    Making comments like that to anyone when they're in the middle of doing their job is incredibly inappropriate. Say that when the cameras are off sure and I can see it's a bit of a laugh, but she's trying to do her job.