Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sean O'Driscoll

Sacked after a 4-2 win over Leeds

Comments

• Options
    One thing you get from his sides is attractive football. Bonkers decision.
  • Options
    ItsRoundAndItsWhite ‏@RoundAndWhite
    Murmurs from inside Forest that Alan Curbishley is on his way in...? #NFFC
  • Options
    And they're one point off a play off place - the world's gone f***ing mad. I can't believe they'd have done this unless they have someone lined up immediately to replace him. What did their most famous and successful manager once say when he was asked about football hooliganism? "Well there's 92 club chairman for a start"/
  • Options
    Roy Keane is the favourite and apparently has been seen there. Lol.
  • Options
    Insane. Hope they do select Roy Keane. Can't see mutters like these taking a sensible bloke like Curbs, although I find it hard to imagine Curbs anywhere, after so long out of the game.
  • Options

Sacked after a 4-2 win over Leeds

You are winding us up right?
  • Options
    someone get on the phone to TJ and put in the call.
  • Options
    Sean O'Driscoll has been sacked as Nottingham Forest manager after five months in charge.

The decision to relieve the 55-year-old of his duties came hours after their 4-2 Championship win against Leeds.

"With the January transfer window approaching we feel it's the right time to make a change," Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi said.

"We are looking to bring in an ambitious manager with Premier League experience."
  • Options
    Ok O'Driscoll lacks personality but I think he has been shat on from a great height by the Forest board!
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Sean O'Driscoll has been sacked as Nottingham Forest manager after five months in charge.

The decision to relieve the 55-year-old of his duties came hours after their 4-2 Championship win against Leeds.

"With the January transfer window approaching we feel it's the right time to make a change," Forest chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi said.

"We are looking to bring in an ambitious manager with Premier League experience."

Unbelievable. Mr Al Hasawi, with all his years of experience running a club, thinks someone can come in, assess the team and enact a reshuffle that will take them to the top, all in one month?

That's what you get with owners with money but not the faintest idea of how football works. See also Blackburn.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yep, get him in. Spent over 4 million on transfers and only 7 points better off than us!!

• Options

Yep, get him in. Spent over 4 million on transfers and only 7 points better off than us!!

lol good response
  • Options
    edited December 2012

At least he would send players out with a game plan other than to lump it forward and hope for the best.
  • Options
    Total madness reminds me of the time that Coventry sacked Eric Black because they wanted a more high profile manager look where they are now. Nothing surprises me any more in football.
  • Options
    You honestly think Powell is that clueless?
  • Options

Im starting to.
  • Options
    Then your mad
  • Options
    cambi22 said:

At least he would send players out with a game plan other than to lump it forward and hope for the best.

What is his game plan then? Obviously hasn't worked. They've lost to and drawn against teams we've beaten this season.
  • Options
    Madness, almost as mad as new owners coming in, not introducing themselves to the manager and sacking him when the club is only 2 points off the automatic places in the playoffs!
  • Options
    Sad news, I wish him well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cambi22 said:

Im starting to.
    Ding dong. Is that a bell?
  • Options
    crazy
  • Options
    Must say that when the cash cow arrived in Nottingham and they were looking for a new manager in the summer, I thought this was a strange appointment. If they wanted a big name manager, why not appoint one in the first place?

And all very well saying they want a manager with premier experience, but shouldn't someone give them a whisper that they're not in the premiership?
  • Options
    No doubt the messiah Roy Keane will be appointed, spend loads of money, team does nothing, Keane then throws his toys out the pram and walks out.
  • Options
    Di Matteo would be ideal. Exp from MK and took WBA up.

Won some minor trophy with Chelsea too : - )

But they will get Mark Hughes instead.
  • Options
    Rather than Dowie, I wished we'd gone for O'Driscoll. Seriously good manager. IF Powell gets the boot, then snap him up quick before someone else does.
  • Options
    I am starting to think like canbi22 if in the next 3 games we dont start to play some football and not hooffball then i think a change is needed sorry but not with all the SIR powell stuff if he is not doing his job then off you go!!!! Sorry but our club needs to stay in this div and at the moment he is clueless. How many times this season have we tried to play one up front and how many times has worked!!!! i just want a team to be more forward thinking then hold on to a point thinking because it never works... And i would love him to prove me wrong and go on a great winning streak but i dont think we will playing the hooffball up to two slow tall forwards. Pointless. Yesterday i saw a team run rings around us in the first half at HOME and for someone on here please tell me the truth and take the powell beer glasses off and tell me if i am wrong because i have never seen a team from the bottom 4 in any div look so much better than us!! we had no fight no bottle no energy. i am really worried about our form and style of play
  • Options
    Berg sacked by Blackburn.
  • Options
    McLeish is now the favourite for the Forest job. Even more baffling.
  • Options
    Its the managerial merrygoround, these managers keep getting jobs but don't actually achieve anything so get sacked and then get back on the merrygoround and land another job.