Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options

@Golfie, how is good old Borough Green, we are coming up to visit relatives in Snodland for Christmas and a flying visit to my brother in B.G. also taking in the boxing day match while we are up.Born and bred in B.G. lived there for 50 years before escaping the rat race.

I've only lived here 6 weeks so still finding my feet. Nice parade of shops and enough eateries & take-aways to keep anyone happy.

I can't really say where i live as it would give the game away - but I could get a haircut, go to the cashpoint & grab a pizza & a pint without getting out of bed !!!

Linton Travel Lodge?

• Options
    Has he got an extra large plate then?
  • Options
    the snow in Kidbrooke was a bit like smallwalls herberts last week-----big rep for naffing everything up but didnt put in an apperance. Lets hope both stay like that.
  • Options

We had so much snow the past week or so they had to bomb the mountain in this picture (Mount Rundle). There's a little road that snakes it's way round it & if the avalanche went naturally you'd be doomed, doomed I tell ye...

nice photo anyway
  • Options
    That's nothing. I heard 1/4 inch of wet sleet immobilised the Bexleyheath line this week.
  • Options
    Super photo Oakster.
  • Options
    Salim Kerkar here at the moment... Bloody absent.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Change the record it's getting boring!
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Change the record it's getting boring!
    I'll change it when he starts playing properly, and I really want him to prove me wrong, because we don't have many alternatives at the moment, but I might bring my boots tomorrow just in case.
  • Options
    He's had some good games and some bad ones FFS,. We are on a decent unbeaten run with him in the team - cut him some slack,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Expect this thread to be reinvigorated after Tuesday when the Met Office is predicting a visit from "the Beast from the East!" No, not the bloke David Haye beat...
  • Options
    We're expecting a deluge on Monday/Tuesday
  • Options
    Don't let the club see that.
    They will call the game off on the basis that it "COULD" snow.

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Wokingham report - woke up to a couple of inches this morning; sounds like the missus' usual complaint :-)

Luke Varney-ish....looked pretty but a right fucking nuisance.

@Davo55 Just noticed your Wokingham report...its my old hometown...you live there? Do i know you?

• Options
    Jarman said:

Don't let the club see that.
    They will call the game off on the basis that it "COULD" snow.

Not with the army of volunteers and groundstaff that work on the pitch. They worked wonders to get the Derby game on and didn't get anywhere near enough praise for it. Well done to all of them!
  • Options
    Yep your right Brendan , echo that , thanks to all the people who helped make the game go ahead.
  • Options
    hey - point of order - this is the "It's snowing" thread, not a "Some snow is forecast" thread!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Salad said:

hey - point of order - this is the "It's snowing" thread, not a "Some snow is forecast" thread!

Sorry , i didn't want to start another thread ... about snow! :-0

• Options
    We need this game on given the turmoil at Blackpool with Ince and Grayson rumoured to be leaving!
  • Options
    .......meant Appleton, not Grayson!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

.......meant Appleton, not Grayson!

You could be onto something there though Medrew !! Wonder if Grayson would fancy Blackpool if Appleton leaves?
  • Options
    We had a crazy snowstorm last night, i drove 100km at night on an unlit highway covered in snow, with the thickest snow i have seen coming down - could only judge my position on the road by guesswork at times - snow tyres and 4wd saved me. Was surreal at times, just felt like i was in a dream floating in a white vacuum. Was absolutely knackered when i finally got home, took some concentration to get through that...
  • Options
    Oakster said:

We had a crazy snowstorm last night, i drove 100km at night on an unlit highway covered in snow, with the thickest snow i have seen coming down - could only judge my position on the road by guesswork at times - snow tyres and 4wd saved me. Was surreal at times, just felt like i was in a dream floating in a white vacuum. Was absolutely knackered when i finally got home, took some concentration to get through that...

Oakster, I presume you like snow & the freezing cold ? Personally, can't stand it. I was wondering why you're living in Canada, if it's not a rude question ?
  • Options
    I must say they do get crazy snow. Been to Ontario a couple of times and if anyone of us soft feckers think we have ever seen a dumping over here think again.

Flew to Toronto a few years back on Christmas Eve, got to the hotel knackered and tried to go straight to bed with the body clock all over the place. Woke at 3 in the morning their time, looked out of the window to the biggest snow storm I have ever seen and they were out starting to clear the roads already. The nature of the stuff is so dry due to a lack of humidity in the air. Same year we came back in the New Year to snow and I had never been so cold, wet and damp, totally different.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

Wokingham report - woke up to a couple of inches this morning; sounds like the missus' usual complaint :-)

Luke Varney-ish....looked pretty but a right fucking nuisance.

@Davo55 Just noticed your Wokingham report...its my old hometown...you live there? Do i know you?

Hi QN. I've lived in Wokingham for about 5 years now; maybe we overlapped a bit? Where and when were you living here?
  • Options
    Flying off on holiday on Sunday morning. Really hoping the snow holds off til me and Mrs D are safely in the warm Caribbean sunshine!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Flying off on holiday on Sunday morning. Really hoping the snow holds off til me and Mrs D are safely in the warm Caribbean sunshine!

Banker !

Opps, meant "Banker ?"