Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options
    Fair play to the chaps going to Blackburn on Saturday.
  • Options
    Significant fall in London and Kent on Friday and sat clearing in sun returning weds
  • Options

Met Office reckon Kent could have quite a bit of the white stuff Friday & Saturday

Alan Pardew's party ?

Thinking my lads' cup game will be off on Saturday.
  • Options
    I had some snow mixed with fog/mist on my bike ride today through Kent, some absolutely beautiful views.
  • Options
    No snow up in Yorkshire but the old stuff is hanging about as the temp has hovvered at zero all day. Minus 6 on my way home and reports of up to ten inches Fri/Sat. Great.
  • Options

Had a bit in Colchester earlier this afternoon, didn't settle.

You can't beat having a bit early afternoon. I can just about remember.

• Options
    Snow came down on tuesday morning and with that the temperature -11c this morning in The Lowlands.
  • Options

We're off to centre parcs in thetford on Friday so got everything crossed the weather holds out so we can get there.

Doesn't look good, may have to start thinking about blowing it out.... Gutted.
  • Options
    edited January 2013

reports of up to ten inches

That's Shag, so I'm led to believe.

;o)

• Options

We're off to centre parcs in thetford on Friday so got everything crossed the weather holds out so we can get there.

How long are you supposed to be going for?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only if I bend it in half Oggy
  • Options
    lol Shagger.
  • Options

You should be fine. You only need main roads to get there. I reckon it would be pretty fun there in the snow as well.

• Options
    Remember matches played in the snow ...... always played with an orange ball.
  • Options

You should be fine. You only need main roads to get there. I reckon it would be pretty fun there in the snow as well.

Hope you're right mate. Problem is, we don't leave until 3pm tomorrow afternoon so right in the middle of it.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Mine always turned blue!
  • Options
    Top of Sidcup Hill is the last place in England that gets snow - fact.
  • Options
    Snow will be persistent but light. Roads will be fine.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Mine always turned blue!
    Haha ....... I've known that feeling too, Dave!
  • Options

Top of Sidcup Hill is the last place in England that gets snow - fact.

I always thought it was the Isles of Scilly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will the gritting lorries be out in force?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    No sign of snow down here yet, temperature 7 or 8 C

In the garden, I've just picked cabbage white caterpillars off my spring greens.
    What's that all about?

Never known caterpillars in the middle of January before.
    Bloomin' weather is arse about face, I tell ye.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Never known caterpillars in the middle of January before.
    Bloomin' weather is arse about face, I tell ye.

Cracking bit of Farmer Jones dialogue there Oggster!

• Options
    Just had a sprinkling in Isleworth. Really fine, none of it is settling though.
  • Options

Think of all the money you will save on the overpriced food and drink they have, as well as the charge to do anything other than swim.

• Options
    Meant to be driving down to the New Forest for a much needed weekend break tomorrow afternoon. Will be watching this thread with interest as it's much more reliable than the BBC!
  • Options
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se

Met Office have upgraded a large swathe of the South East to an Amber warning now. My bro in law works there, and he phoned me this afternoon to say it is manic there at the moment. There is this huge blob of precipitation (rain at present) coming right at us from the Atlantic. Cold Easterly winds in place - London will be worst hit to the west, and West Surrey / Hampshire / Berksire will be a complete mess according to him. These areas could get 15-20cm which by my reckoning is a lot. If you live in Wales, it is a Red snow warning. Good luck to them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Think of all the money you will save on the overpriced food and drink they have, as well as the charge to do anything other than swim.

I'd go still If I were you, aim to get there early and you should be fine. Lovely little cabin in the woods and swimming etc... I love Center Parks
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

MrOneLung said:

I'd go still If I were you, aim to get there early and you should be fine. Lovely little cabin in the woods and swimming etc... I love Center Parks
    "This" as they say. Can't imagine many better places to be than the cosiest, self-contained holiday park!
  • Options

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=se

If you live in Wales, it is a Red snow warning. Good luck to them.

Not as bad as a yellow snow warning