Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Birmingham City Away. Who's going?

So its a little more then five weeks until the season opener away to Birmingham. Who's going? anyone know any good boozer's up there that could be worth a punt?

Im going via train with a few pals, looking forward to it.

Comments

• Me too I'm on the train
  • I'm on the train getting in at about 11 I think
  • Nathan going with you Mike?
  • Yes mate. Mark and Simon going with you?
  • edited July 2012
    Mark - Yeah
    Simon- Maybe,
  • Think Mark is going to see if Glen and Dave are going as well, if they are we will likely go with them. but it all depends. not really sure what the plans are as such yet
  • alright mate well let us know nearer the time what train your getting, need to find a good pub not that much choice near the ground from memory
  • alright mate well let us know nearer the time what train your getting, need to find a good pub not that much choice near the ground from memory
    Shall do mate.
  • Me and harryamuse
  • Train booked, looking forward to it a lot. Sod the Euros and that, I've felt lost without having anything to do at 3pm on a Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going, train from Southampton Airport Parkway to Birmingham New St arriving at 12.18
  • All booked up
  • Booked trains and hotels this afternoon. Can't come soon enough.
  • Yep I am on it train with Wiwlb
  • Booked the train the day the fixtures came out. Can't wait!
  • got one slight question, which station do i book it my train tickets to? birmingham new street/moor street or just birmingham (any) which one is closest to the stadium?
  • Yes we're driving down.
  • got one slight question, which station do i book it my train tickets to? birmingham new street/moor street or just birmingham (any) which one is closest to the stadium?
    The nearest station is Bordesley, which is about a ten minute walk away from the ground, but is only served by trains from Birmingham Snow Hill and Birmingham Moor Street. Normally scheduled trains do not stop at Bordesley, so they don't show up on national timetables searches. Please download the local timetable from the London Midland website for details.

If you arrive at New Street Station in the city centre, either walk to Moor Street station (five minutes) take a taxi (about £6) or embark on the 20-25 minute walk to the ground.

As you come onto the concourse of New St station, bear to the left of the escalators and through the glass doors. Walk down towards to the end of the Station Service Road. Cross to the other side of the road at the bottom (where there is a new shopping centre) turn right and follow the purple pedestrian signs for Digbeth Coach Station. These will see you descending a flight of stairs at the side of the shopping centre on your left and then going down a road with the Markets on your right and a large church on your left. Follow this road around to the right and then take the next left to take you up to the main dual carriage way. Turn right along the dual carriageway, passing the impressive looking Crown Pub on your left. Cross over the dual carriageway to the Crown pub side of the road and continue walking away from the City Centre. You will come to a fork in the road where you want to bear left going underneath a railway bridge. Passing the Clements Arms (not recommended for away fans) on your left just continue straight down this road, crossing a large roundabout (with a McDonalds over on one corner). The entrance to the away section is further up the road on your left.

Otherwise you can take the following buses from the city centre; No: 58, 60, 97 & 97A. However the 97 & 97A drop off on Garrison Lane (near to Tilton Road) which is on the other side of the stadium to the away entrance. These can be caught near to Moor Street Railway Station on Queensway. Look for bus stops ME (58 & 60) and MF (97 & 97A) on this map on the Network West Midlands website (PDF file). Alternatively they can also be caught outside Birmingham Coach Station.

• Yep , il be there
  • I'm on the train getting in at about 11 I think
    10:56 at Moor St, slightly early tbh, gotta leave Marylebone at 9 :(
  • Sponsored links:

• stop moaning more beer time!
  • Probably get the coach I think it's cheaper and try and convince @marriott110 to come
  • stop moaning more beer time!
    You mean, you'll buy some beer before you get on the train and I get you a table seat so you can put them on there
  • its going to be messy thats what i mean
  • Thanks for that covered end! Will book tickets today. Only 13.50 return from my home town tonbridge to birmingham moor street, great deal bearing in mind that it cost 10 pound for just a return from tonbridge to london? Not sure how that works out exactly but not complaning!
  • Thanks for that covered end! Will book tickets today. Only 13.50 return from my home town tonbridge to birmingham moor street, great deal bearing in mind that it cost 10 pound for just a return from tonbridge to london? Not sure how that works out exactly but not complaning!
    Also going from tonbridge but got £20 return even with a railcard? how is yours only 13!?
  • I don't have a railcard and when I done a 'quote' as to say, and it came up with the price of 50 pound from dartford
  • Definitely, unfortunately Birmingham is one of the closer away days this year which says something. So if we can't turn up in numbers for this one, it wont bode well for the rest of the season.
  • edited July 2012
    £31 return on national rail without a railcard bud from dartford
  • Can also try and see if cheaper prices on the sites of Virgin Trains, London Midland and Chiltern Railways