Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Anyone watched 'Maid' on Netflix?

It's a series about a young lady escaping from her abusive boyfriend with her young daughter. Absolutely captivating. 

Enjoyed it but was a bit drawn out. Could have been done in less episodes.
  • Options
    The new James Nesbitt series Suspect - truly dreadful.
    He's been in too many series of late just playing himself... total over exposure but I agree it was poor 
  • Options
    Just watched Ep 1 of Halo, anyone else watching?

Very good start and shows some promise. . 
    Quite enjoyed it but I'm not a fan of Natacha McElhone she's very wooden
  • Options
    Anyone been watching The Boys on Amazon? Had it recommended to me last weekend and i've just binged the whole lot up to now - thoroughly enjoying it - not for the faint of heart or squeamish! (and the "English" accents are ridiculous !) 
    I've enjoyed all three seasons, the gore is way ott but I guess that's what's making it so watchable.., the shock factor
  • Options
    Just finished penultimate episode of Stranger Things. We thought would go straight into the final episode only to see if is 2 hours 22 mins long !!!

gonna have to wait for that 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Just finished penultimate episode of Stranger Things. We thought would go straight into the final episode only to see if is 2 hours 22 mins long !!!

gonna have to wait for that 
    Ditto ! 

It's a date for tomorrow evening ! 
  • Options
    Anyone watched 'Maid' on Netflix?

It's a series about a young lady escaping from her abusive boyfriend with her young daughter. Absolutely captivating. 

I watched it after it was recommended on here. Really enjoyed it
  • Options
    Watched both series of Outlaws within a couple of weeks and loved it.
    Watched The UUneclared War as it had good IMDB ratings but it was mostly not very credible re the main character and a lot if tge content (of course they serve halal at GCHQ!) And found it like a teen show made for showing in the afternoon after school
  • Options
    @PragueAddick, this Trom series on BBC4 this weekend, is it the Faroe Island drama you recommended a while back? 
  • Options
    @PragueAddick, this Trom series on BBC4 this weekend, is it the Faroe Island drama you recommended a while back? 
    Hello mate, yes that's the one. I have only seen 3 episodes myself before our holidays, so I'm glad I can get the rest via the BBC. I believe you'll enjoy it. Good storyline enhanced by a fascinating insight into the Faeroe Islands. Old wooden houses and brand spanking new cars, driving through brand spanking new tunnels connecting the islands.

Didn't their national team once embarrass Scotland/ (well Ok, who hasn't embarrassed Scotland?  :D )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man vs Bee

Absolutely awful 
  • Options
    Hello mate, yes that's the one. I have only seen 3 episodes myself before our holidays, so I'm glad I can get the rest via the BBC. I believe you'll enjoy it. Good storyline enhanced by a fascinating insight into the Faeroe Islands. Old wooden houses and brand spanking new cars, driving through brand spanking new tunnels connecting the islands.

Didn't their national team once embarrass Scotland/ (well Ok, who hasn't embarrassed Scotland?  :D )
    Will make sure I see this. I stayed in the Faroes for a couple of weeks. Excellent low cost transport by bus and ferry to every remote corner. Alcohol and drugs probably more evident on the surface because such a small community but a real community spirit. Concept of extended family crosses boundaries of second and third cousins twice removed. Helps if you all have the same surname!!
    Very expensive to live and didn’t seem clear to me where everyone was earning a wage.
  • Options
    New series of Stranger Things had been great so far, right up there with there best - just on ep 5.

Kenobi started well but ep 3 was brilliant.

All my favourite tv shows have come at once - need to watch The Boys aswell! 
    I’ve just caught up with Stranger Things, binged watched.

Overall I enjoyed it but it’s clear I’m getting old as it was quite ridiculous at times. 

The one thing that irritated me through out was Mike and Wills stupid haircuts? Mike’s got marginally better in the last few episodes but Wills remained stupid throughout but then again, they are Americans, so that probably explains it!
  • Options
    edited July 2022

I was there three years ago, so I'm looking forward to 'Trom'.

The Faroes is/are an amazing place.  The football scene is quite vibrant too.

The tunnels are interesting.  Very futuristic ... and by now they should have finished the undersea roundabout that they were building when I was there.

By far and away the best tunnel, though, is Viðareiðistunnilin on Vidoy.  It's the width of one car, poorly lit and with passing places every 100m or so.  You have to take a chance that you can get to the next bay before something comes your way.

Oh, yes ... and the islands produced 
    Eivør.  Musical perfection.
  • Options
    Stranger Things 

One word

Fucking Awesome

OK - two words 😏
    Yeah, one of the best things I’ve seen on TV for a while. Wouldn’t normally be something I’d go for but my 13 year daughter was desperate to see it so we said she could if we watched the first couple of episodes with her. Watched the 1st one and was hooked.

We’re taking her to the Stranger Things experience in Brent Cross later in the year, she was beside herself when we booked it.
  • Options
    Freddie cricket programme worth a watch. Just caught the end. 
  • Options
    Loved it!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    In the minority I know, but just finished Stranger Things and actually think it's been pretty poor. An impressive spectacle for sure, but they've got plot holes all over the place. Proper slow in places as well
  • Options
    1 more episode to go on stranger things. I never want it to end. Different class. Yuri fcking cracks me up 🤣
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    In the minority I know, but just finished Stranger Things and actually think it's been pretty poor. An impressive spectacle for sure, but they've got plot holes all over the place. Proper slow in places as well
    I toughed it out for 2 seasons and then baled out leaving my missus to watch it. To be honest I never enjoy films or shows with kids as the lead so not surprised and not sure why I started watching it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep. Enjoyed that
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I toughed it out for 2 seasons and then baled out leaving my missus to watch it. To be honest I never enjoy films or shows with kids as the lead so not surprised and not sure why I started watching it.
    Tougher than me, I baled after 4 episodes
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Agree, I don’t like kids taking a leading role and like you I should have bailed out earlier. I guess I was bored and stayed with it!
  • Options
    Stranger Things was a bit underwhelming. I am a big fan, but this season, whilst the production itself was great, the writing felt lazy and at times clichéd.

The Hopper plot line running parallel was too messy. I liked the Eddie Character, but he wasn't in it enough.
  • Options
    Yep. Enjoyed that
    Just can’t believe they never played cricket before.
  • Options
    Stranger Things was a bit underwhelming. I am a big fan, but this season, whilst the production itself was great, the writing felt lazy and at times clichéd.

The Hopper plot line running parallel was too messy. I liked the Eddie Character, but he wasn't in it enough.
    personally i loved it, maybe not quite as strong as previous seasons (still adore season 1 where it was much more stripped back - for obvious reasons), but compared to other global hits like game of thrones (who's last couple of seasons, battle of the bastards excepted, were absolutely dire) it's still maintaining some level of quality and emotional involvement. 
  • Options
    Yep. Enjoyed that
    Just can’t believe they never played cricket before.
    I think 1 or 2 of them might have. I was saddened by the boy who mis-understood the bit about being under-pivileged and by some of the things they didn't know about or understand.

But far outweighed by the progress etc - am sure there will be a few 'bumps on the road' but looking forward to seeing more episodes
  • Options
    Loved the guitar scene in the last episode of 'ST. 
  • Options
    Man vs Bee

Absolutely awful 
    Just tried it. Didn’t make it to the end of episode 1, utter crap.
  • Options
    Man vs Bee

Absolutely awful 
    Just tried it. Didn’t make it to the end of episode 1, utter crap.
    I did warn you all couple of pages back……