Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• kafka said:
    I keep getting recommended Girl from Oslo on Netflix. Anyone seen it?
    On our list.
    Ours too
  • Jessie said:
    Having watched Narcos Mexico season 3, Zero Zero Zero and El Chapo recently, I got interested in Mexico's politics and drug trade. I then found a limited series about the assassination of their presidential candidate Colosio in the 1990's: Historia de un crimen: Colosio. The murder was mentioned in Narcos Mexico season 3. This series is very good. It's a 2019 Netflix production. The actor who plays El Mayo in Narcos Mexico has a big part in it. Great soundtrack too. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes series based on true events. 

I just started to watch Snowfall yesterday. The first episode is very interesting. Has anyone watched this? Seeing as it has four or five more seasons and is still going, if it's great then I have a lot of materials to watch😂

I was looking forward to Mayor of Kingstown but having watched two episodes I decided to give it up. I like Jeremy Renner and Kyle Chandler but simply couldn't stand the confusing way of storytelling in this series. A lot of things didn't make sense to me. And I didn't like Jeremy Renner's character. I couldn't get past episode one of Yellowstone so I guess Sheridan's work is generally not my cup of tea. 
    Snowfall is wicked keep with it 👍🏽
  • Finding it difficult to find anything good to watch! All very samey 
  • We've just started The North Water
  • Enjoyed the first episode of ZeroZeroZero. 
  • Was looking forward to Toast of Tinsletown but having watched 3 episodes so far I'm really disappointed, not a patch on Toast of London. 
  • Was looking forward to Toast of Tinsletown but having watched 3 episodes so far I'm really disappointed, not a patch on Toast of London. 
    Yeah, agreed. It’s a bit weird because I can’t put my finger on why it’s not as good. But it just isn’t. (So far, anyway!)
    I think it needs more Ray Purchase!
  • Jints said:
    Yeah, it was a limited series so won't be any future ones. 

It's very good. A sort of mash up between Gomorra and Narcos Mexico. Good plot, well acted. 
    Ah, wondered what that meant :)
  • New series of Ozark tomorrow. 

Hidden Assets on BBC4 is very good. 
  • After Life season 3- Netflix, binged it in one night on Sunday. Brilliant and heartwarming, really do love the whole series personally. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2022
    Enjoyed the first episode of ZeroZeroZero. 
    Binged the lot yesterday. Very good. Leaves you wanting more but also accepting closure after one season. Potential for more, though, I believe, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Quite a lot of crossover of the production teams for both this and Gomorrah. Main reason why they seem similar.
    Enjoyed that though it definitely isn't light entertainment!
    I see what you mean!
    It bored me to a stupor. Even Stephen Graham couldn’t save it. 
  • Won’t be everybody’s cup of tea, especially as it’s a K drama, but I really enjoyed Memories of Alhambra on Netflix. Pace can be a bit slow at times as like all K dramas it is over 16 one hour episodes.
  • Have you seen The Last Narc on Netflix @Jessie ?

Brilliant Documentary about the DEA and Mexican Cartel.
    I haven't seen it. It seems exactly what I'll be interested in!! Thank you Gary for the recommendation. I'm already downloading the first episode at the moment. Will be watching it soon.

Also, I know for a fact that Yellowstone wouldn't be my kind of thing but 1883 is superb. First 5 episodes have been spot on.
    I saw the other day that it was getting a lot of positive reviews but since I've disliked both Yellowstone and Mayor of Kingstown I don't think I'll try 1883 any time soon. :D

Jints said:
    Jessie said:
    Having watched Narcos Mexico season 3, Zero Zero Zero and El Chapo recently, I got interested in Mexico's politics and drug trade. I then found a limited series about the assassination of their presidential candidate Colosio in the 1990's: Historia de un crimen: Colosio. The murder was mentioned in Narcos Mexico season 3. This series is very good. It's a 2019 Netflix production. The actor who plays El Mayo in Narcos Mexico has a big part in it. Great soundtrack too. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes series based on true events. 

I don't know if you like novels but if you're interested in Mexican politics and cartels (and the effect of the USA's war on drugs), I'd heartile recommend Don Winslow's trilogy on the subject, starting with "the Power of the Dog". 

Thanks!! I'm currently reading a book about El Chapo: The Untold Story of the World's Most Infamous Drug Lord, by a journalist named Noah Hurowitz. I'll take a look at the book you suggested when I finish this El Chapo one. ;) 
  • Just started the excellent Zero Zero Zero. 
    Fans of Gomorrah and Narcos will love it
    Just finished the first episode. Liking the look of this.

The scene with the young girl in the market was a bit much  :o
    Much as I loved Zero Zero Zero I still found some parts of it not so realistic, especially the Italian storyline. I quite liked the performance of the actor that played the villain sergeant though. He also played a similar character in the El Chapo series - both based on Lazcano, the ruthless drug dealer and leader of the Los Zetas cartel in real life.
  • 2121 said:
    Jessie said:

I just started to watch Snowfall yesterday. The first episode is very interesting. Has anyone watched this? Seeing as it has four or five more seasons and is still going, if it's great then I have a lot of materials to watch😂

I was looking forward to Mayor of Kingstown but having watched two episodes I decided to give it up. I like Jeremy Renner and Kyle Chandler but simply couldn't stand the confusing way of storytelling in this series. A lot of things didn't make sense to me. And I didn't like Jeremy Renner's character. I couldn't get past episode one of Yellowstone so I guess Sheridan's work is generally not my cup of tea. 
    Snowfall is wicked keep with it 👍🏽
    Thanks! 50+ episodes to look forward to! :D
    Binged the lot yesterday. Very good. Leaves you wanting more but also accepting closure after one season. Potential for more, though, I believe, so it will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Quite a lot of crossover of the production teams for both this and Gomorrah. Main reason why they seem similar.
    Shame it's only one season! They said there wouldn't be another. And the soundtrack is good, too. I discovered it's actually composed by Mogwai, a surprise.
  • Jessie said:
    Just started the excellent Zero Zero Zero. 
    Fans of Gomorrah and Narcos will love it
    Just finished the first episode. Liking the look of this.

The scene with the young girl in the market was a bit much  :o
    Much as I loved Zero Zero Zero I still found some parts of it not so realistic, especially the Italian storyline. I quite liked the performance of the actor that played the villain sergeant though. He also played a similar character in the El Chapo series - both based on Lazcano, the ruthless drug dealer and leader of the Los Zetas cartel in real life.
     Bit of a spoiler alert.

Yeah, the bit that for me was that they were transporting 5 tonne of coke through Isis controlled areas and the Jihadis only took a small cut for their trouble. The reality is that they would've taken the whole lot I suppose and stuck them in a ditch.
  • Sponsored links:

• kafka said:
    I keep getting recommended Girl from Oslo on Netflix. Anyone seen it?
    I’ve nearly finished it and find it pretty good, but sometimes the plot tests your credulity a bit, and strangely I dont like most  of the characters who are supposed to be the good guys. In fact my favourite is the tall Israeli army woman who is in charge of the control room, watching all the action on screens. Can’t get enough of her!
  • The new series of Ozark (well part 1 anyway) drops on Netflix on Friday. I actually think it’s slightly overrated, doesn’t deserve to be in the same conversation as shows like Sopranos and Breaking Bad but very much looking forward to it regardless. 
  • 1883 on Paramount.....great start, I do like Sam Elliot in westerns.

"Rust" also on Paramount....real gritty grimey ex steel town drama. Great acting.
  • TEL said:
    1883 on Paramount.....great start, I do like Sam Elliot in westerns.

"Rust" also on Paramount....real gritty grimey ex steel town drama. Great acting.
    1883 is really good. Be aware the episode release is a bit sporadic.

Where do i watch this? Saw the first series, can't remember where
  • Euphoria season 2 is out, loved the first season even if the content is on the darker side.
  • Redhenry said:
    Enjoyed the first episode of ZeroZeroZero. 

Where do i watch this? Saw the first series, can't remember where
    There is only one season, mate, so sounds like you've watched it all.
  • Jessie said:

I picked this up yesterday and have already steamed through 8 episodes of season one. Very good so far and is building a solid base for the 3 seasons that follow (season 5 to start screening in February).
  • Jessie said:

I picked this up yesterday and have already steamed through 8 episodes of season one. Very good so far and is building a solid base for the 3 seasons that follow (season 5 to start screening in February).
    Wow you're already ahead of me... I just finished episode 3 this evening. It's indeed very good.
  • Croydon said:
    2nd series of Cheer now on Netflix. Highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys US sports mini series like Last Chance U, QB1 etc
    Just finished watching the second series of Cheer. A lot darker than the first series given the issues it has to deal with. Incredible athleticism as in the first series.