Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    I thought the same as @ValleyGary everything was well done apart from the storyline running through. Stephen Graham is always excellent whatever he does but Sean Bean played a vulnerable, cucky man really well. 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I thought the same as @ValleyGary everything was well done apart from the storyline running through. Stephen Graham is always excellent whatever he does but Sean Bean played a vulnerable, cucky man really well. 
    Agree. We really enjoyed it.

Wonder what AUN thinks about the series ....
  • Options
    I can recommend ‘Trying’ on Apple TV.

it’s a feel good comedy about a London couple trying to adopt. Good main characters, quite funny but has that heart warming side to it that makes you root for them.

Good simple watching 👍🏼
  • Options
    Watched the first 2 episodes of The Undoing, very good so far and apparently episode 3 gets even better ..... Thats tonights viewing.
  • Options
    Just about to watch the final episode of Time. Not a huge ‘story’ but the casting is pretty good and it’s got a real feel to it. Stephen Graham is such a good actor.
    Yeah i am two episodes in now, i quite like it. Not groundbreaking but decent enough and i like Stephen Graham so will see it out.
  • Options
    Breeders on Sky One, excellent, the Martin Freeman character is a little too close to home for liking 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Breeders on Sky One, excellent, the Martin Freeman character is a little too close to home for liking 
    I know it's not for everyone....but I think he delivers swearing very well in this show.

I'm not sure I have ever heard "fuck me ragged" used on TV before (outside of those Betamax tapes I borrowed from @DaveMehmet).
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Have to check that out, really liked the first series
  • Options
    My wife and I keep giving ourselves knowing glances when we watch Breeders. It's a very well observed show.
  • Options
    Murder at the Cottage starts on Sky 20th June.

For those who listened to the West Cork podcast it may give another angle to the proceedings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not new by any means but recently appeared on iPlayer: Battlestar Galactica - can't believe it has taken me this long to watch it! Loving it
    Ok I’m slowly going through these (don’t have access to iplayer so am recording them every Friday night).
    I’m at the stage where they know all the final 5 & 6 has just lost the pure cylon baby.

Honestly I’m starting to lose interest (might be because they just shot the original Apollo 😳).

Is it worth me sticking it out?
  • Options
    Alex Ferguson doc on Prime is superb 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Did anyone make it through MrOneLung said:
    Did anyone make it through The Pact

another poor offering 
    How funny,we all thought it was very good 
  • Options
    Of course, the main show on the TV in this house is, Bluey, which is the best kids show around by miles
  • Options
    Just about to watch the final episode of Time. Not a huge ‘story’ but the casting is pretty good and it’s got a real feel to it. Stephen Graham is such a good actor.
    Yeah i am two episodes in now, i quite like it. Not groundbreaking but decent enough and i like Stephen Graham so will see it out.
    Finished this last night, went up further so very good watch imo. Bit of a shame it only had 3 episodes but very emotional and great acting. Defo worth the watch
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Loki last night on Disney +. Enjoyed it and better than the Falcon & The Winter Soldier which I found a bit meh. Has a good style about it and whilst they're not everyone's cup of tea these Marvel shows are being quite bold, as shown in WandaVision, by not following a cut and paste superhero template.
  • Options
    Watched the first episode of Loki last night on Disney +. Enjoyed it and better than the Falcon & The Winter Soldier which I found a bit meh. Has a good style about it and whilst they're not everyone's cup of tea these Marvel shows are being quite bold, as shown in WandaVision, by not following a cut and paste superhero template.
    The first episode has certainly been the best of the three so far

Tom Hiddleston is brilliant as Loki, been one of my favourite actors in the MCU
  • Options
    Flipping Bangers, not what I thought I'd signed up to but I like it, two strange old chaps doing old bangers up, nothing like Ben Dover at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not new by any means but recently appeared on iPlayer: Battlestar Galactica - can't believe it has taken me this long to watch it! Loving it
    Ok I’m slowly going through these (don’t have access to iplayer so am recording them every Friday night).
    I’m at the stage where they know all the final 5 & 6 has just lost the pure cylon baby.

Honestly I’m starting to lose interest (might be because they just shot the original Apollo 😳).

Is it worth me sticking it out?
    I stopped midway through the second season! Just petered out I thought
  • Options
    Anyone watched Sweet Tooth on Netflix?

two episodes in and is ok. Hopefully doesn’t tail off. 
  • Options
    Only just realised there's a new series of SAS who dares wins... Love that show. Time to catch up with that...
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Finished this last night, went up further so very good watch imo. Bit of a shame it only had 3 episodes but very emotional and great acting. Defo worth the watch
    Watched the series and thought it was excellent. Sean Bean and Stephen Graham both delivered good performances and made their characters believable.
    I thought everyone did, Stephen Graham is an incredible actor and played the firm but fair warden perfectly as did Sean Bean not playing an Alpha hardman. Sue Johnstone is always a joy to watch and the two cell mates acted their socks off as well

The story was just a bit weak by Jimmy McGoverns high standards 
    I really enjoyed it and liked the slow tempo and the fact the story wasn’t dragged out. Just quality acting with an undercurrent that I found quite absorbing. 
    Acting really was outstanding and like you I thought the narrative worked well.
  • Options
    Started watching the Kominsky method series three, easy to watch with a few chuckles I like it.
  • Options
    Watched Breeders also since the first series, and although I don’t swear in front on my children (or at least try not to), I totally get the frustration expressed by Martin Freeman.
  • Options
    Just finished Suburra: Blood on Rome. Disappointed it's been cancelled as I really enjoyed it. Having to concentrate on the subtitles means I can't get distracted by my phone etc. Think I'll give Gomorrah a go now.
  • Options
    Ploughing my way through Bosch on Amazon Prime. Good characters and solid story telling. Reminds me of the Cop shows of the seventies and eighties. 

Talking of ploughing, started watching Clarkson's Farm. Laughed out loud a couple of times. The interaction between Clarkson and the young lad Kaleb (never been anywhere, doesn't want to go anywhere, but knows about everything to do with the land), is TV magic.