Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Talking of Keely Hawes, just started watching The Tunnel and straight-up hooked.
  • Options
    Opening episode of Finding Alice tonight I found very weak. Normally love any drama Keely Hawes is in 
    I'm just watching it. It seems like a load of crap.
  • Options
    Talking of Keely Hawes, just started watching The Tunnel and straight-up hooked.
    The one with the body in the centre of the channel tunnel?  She wasn't in that was she?
  • Options
    Turns out she was, had forgotten that, been a few years since I watched it.

Really good series.
  • Options
    Surprised a few didn't like The Serpent, I was gripped the whole way through. 

Just started Caliphate, first episode was promising.
    Caliphate is outstanding. If you enjoy it check out No Man's Land on Starzplay. 
    You can add Fauda to that list as well.
    Watched it last Summer and absolutely loved it, just as I'm loving Caliphate at the moment. Only 2 episodes left  :(
  • Options
    Enjoying Briarpatch, finding it Fargoesque.
  • Options
    Have you watched The Bridge....the original Scandi show on which this is based? Fabulous.
  • Options
    Have you watched The Bridge....the original Scandi show on which this is based? Fabulous.
    The Tunnel was a blatant rip-off of The Bridge, although not bad if you had not seen The Bridge. Series 1 even had much the same characters and story-line, transposed to an England-France setting. Didn't bother after S1, it gave me the hump. The Bridge has been the "inspiration" for several other dramas based around borders and police on both sides of the border there's that Finnish series that I found just too relentlessly grim, and a More 4 called Nordic Murders set on the German/Polish coastal border. I watched it all but mainly because we've been there on holiday. The Germans are basically useless with TV drama, I've concluded. I've already given up on two  German series on Netflix.
  • Options
    Uncle Vanya.
    Presented as the piece of Theatre that it is on BBC iplayer.
    If you like that kind of thing (as I do) then you will like this, and if you can't sustain a complete watch in one sitting then you can watch it in 'acts'.
    Got Roger Allum (Peter Mannion in Thick of It) and Toby Jones (Lance in Detectorists) in it.
  • Options
    Been catching up with 'Baptiste' on Netflix. Very decent show. I hear there maybe a season 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got a feeling I started watching it but didn't persevere for some reason.
    Maybe I need to try again!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Been catching up with 'Baptiste' on Netflix. Very decent show. I hear there maybe a season 2.
    The BBC series? Did you see the two series of The Missing that preceded it? They were both decent too
  • Options
    The Tunnel was excellent. Stephen Dillane and Clemence Posey were awesome, lots of expensive actors in it, good storyline, lots of tension and they weren't afraid to set the bomb off metaphorically 
  • Options
    Watching the informer at the moment, another one I missed when it was on the BBC and am chomping through on Netflix 
  • Options
    Will give the tunnel a go 
  • Options
    Got a feeling I started watching it but didn't persevere for some reason.
    Maybe I need to try again!
    To be honest I wouldn't if you've been watching The Tunnel as The Tunnel is basically a remake, you'll know the story etc.

• Options
    A new season of 'Vikings' is on Amazon for all you Viking lovers.
    Finished it yesterday, loved the whole thing. Really good series, in my top 10. 
  • Options
    The Tunnel was a blatant rip-off of The Bridge, although not bad if you had not seen The Bridge. Series 1 even had much the same characters and story-line, transposed to an England-France setting. Didn't bother after S1, it gave me the hump. The Bridge has been the "inspiration" for several other dramas based around borders and police on both sides of the border there's that Finnish series that I found just too relentlessly grim, and a More 4 called Nordic Murders set on the German/Polish coastal border. I watched it all but mainly because we've been there on holiday. The Germans are basically useless with TV drama, I've concluded. I've already given up on two  German series on Netflix.
    It wasn't a ripoff. It was a remake, under license. 
  • Options
    Opening episode of Finding Alice tonight I found very weak. Normally love any drama Keely Hawes is in 
    I'm just watching it. It seems like a load of crap.
    I loved Finding Alice. Loved the black humour & the fact she lives in a "smart" house but can't work simple things like lights & curtains. Maybe its because I'm not into new fangled things like heating you can operate from your phone or seeing people at your door when you are miles away at work - so can see how someone like me would get worked up about it all. Also how she is grief stricken in her own way - not wailing but matter of factly getting on with stuff, but then not behaving "nicely" to hospital staff & undertakers.

Her "husband" (obviously not married so that will be a factor regarding money, house etc) is a wrong 'un and obviously deep in debt so has done some dodgy stuff regarding house ownership. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Night Stalker on Netflix. About Richard Ramirez, 4 part documentary. So well made.
    Not sure I’d be able to watch that and sleep after 
    I binged in one night and definately had some right dodgy dreams. Not only that although i didn't mind it but i would warn anyone as its so disturbing and also could be triggers for some. Not sure i could recommend it personally. 

Edit- Ref: Nightstalker (netflix) Creepy AF 
  • Options
    Pembrokeshire Murders .. top class 3 parter based on fact .. followed by a documentary backing up the 'drama'
    Watched last night ... very good as was the documentary 
  • Options
    Pembrokeshire Murders .. top class 3 parter based on fact .. followed by a documentary backing up the 'drama'
    Keith Allen was brilliant, really chilling to watch. I didn't know much about the true story beforehand, so found it very interesting. 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Ted Lasso on Apple TV is a bit hit and miss after a few episodes. There’s definitely been worse shows based on football. Chris Powell cameo was good to see.
  • Options
    Oh sure I know it was “legit”. I just thought it was a bit pathetic that they couldnt adjust the storyline enough to hold the interest of viewers like me who who had already watched The Bridge.
  • Options
    Oh sure I know it was “legit”. I just thought it was a bit pathetic that they couldnt adjust the storyline enough to hold the interest of viewers like me who who had already watched The Bridge.
    I guess they knew they were buying a show with a good storyline etc & that most viewers on Sky wouldn't have caught a subtitled foreign drama on what, BBC 4?  So they left it as it was, effectively.
  • Options
    Yup. I’d seen The Bridge before The Tunnel. 
    I had to stop watching it as I knew exactly what was about to happen. 
  • Options
    Started watching WandaVision on Disney+ today

First two episodes released today with them out on a weekly basis a bit like the Mandalorian - Its good to have the MCU back, especially seeing how things will go now the first story is pretty much over.

Can only describe their first foray into a TV show style format (Plenty more are coming) as bizarre, kind of took that from the trailers anyway but where the story is going with this has yet to truly be revealed. 

Quite an interesting approach though with each episode in the form of a sitcom through the decades so the first two were in the 50s and 60s, shot in Black and White and with a proper studio audience for the laughter etc. 
    I've only watched the first episode, I found It a painful experience. It's obviously a cliche of early the early sitcom. Surely they cannot keep this up for the whole series? Is it setting something up?
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    PopIcon said:
    Started watching WandaVision on Disney+ today

First two episodes released today with them out on a weekly basis a bit like the Mandalorian - Its good to have the MCU back, especially seeing how things will go now the first story is pretty much over.

Can only describe their first foray into a TV show style format (Plenty more are coming) as bizarre, kind of took that from the trailers anyway but where the story is going with this has yet to truly be revealed. 

Quite an interesting approach though with each episode in the form of a sitcom through the decades so the first two were in the 50s and 60s, shot in Black and White and with a proper studio audience for the laughter etc. 
    I've only watched the first episode, I found It a painful experience. It's obviously a cliche of early the early sitcom. Surely they cannot keep this up for the whole series? Is it setting something up?
    Knowing the MCU they're usually setting it up for something... Especially as this (and their other TV shows) will lead into the next round of films that are currently in production. 

Hopefully the episode released tomorrow will tell a lot more but rumours are that Wanda is either making this all up herself and is controlling the town after having a breakdown or someone else unknown is controlling her
  • Options
    Scream (Netflix Series) 
    I have started watching this the last couple of nights, needed something different, quite enjoying it so far. Its not amazing but decent enough. It has similarities to the original film, but its not based on it.  I am about 5 episodes in, so recommend it if you need something easy to watch and dont mind a slight horror, is say slight its not scary just the odd jumpy moment.  6.5/10