Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watching The Americans. Very enjoyable. 
  • johnny73 said:
    Watching The Americans. Very enjoyable. 
    Good call. I miss this series, great cast, well acted, good storylines  - bit far fetched, yeah, but a lot of good tv is.

Never really understood why is was tucked away in the schedules.
  • I've tried to watch 'What we do in the shadows' because so many of my mates think it's hilarious. But no matter how many times I try (four times now) I haven't laughed once. Not even a chuckle. It doesn't help that I think Matt Berry's about as funny as scraping the bottom of a pan of burnt baked beans - but I genuinely can't see what the fuss is about. Was the same for The Mighty Boosh years ago - I thought that was bollocks as well. 
    I’m with you on this for What we do in the shadows and Matt Berry and I didn’t rate Boosh when it aired, but it does make me chuckle now if I catch it on demand.
    I wonder if as we age our brains become less discerning? It’s the only explanation I can come up with for Mrs Brown, well that and stupid people.....
  • I've tried to watch 'What we do in the shadows' because so many of my mates think it's hilarious. But no matter how many times I try (four times now) I haven't laughed once. Not even a chuckle. It doesn't help that I think Matt Berry's about as funny as scraping the bottom of a pan of burnt baked beans - but I genuinely can't see what the fuss is about. Was the same for The Mighty Boosh years ago - I thought that was bollocks as well. 
    Just to be sure, there is a film and a tv series of this - Are you sure your mates aren't talking about the film? Its got a completely different cast for one and is written + directed by Taika Waikiti (Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Jojo Rabbit, Thor:Ragnarok etc) and the tv show is a spinoff of it - the film is genuinely good imo, but I haven't watched the TV show. The film is on Prime at the minute, it was on Iplayer before also not sure if it's still there

Never understood Boosh either, although I like Noel Fielding
  • johnny73 said:
    Watching The Americans. Very enjoyable. 
    Was a big fan but didn't quite make it to the end, wish I had though as I see season 6 got great reviews
  • The Undoing - on SKY looks promising  but don't watch if you are offended by the sight on a hot full frontal nude woman with great tits strolling around a gym changing room.

also Billions is back - best acting on TV.
    Just to be sure, there is a film and a tv series of this - Are you sure your mates aren't talking about the film? Its got a completely different cast for one and is written + directed by Taika Waikiti (Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Jojo Rabbit, Thor:Ragnarok etc) and the tv show is a spinoff of it - the film is genuinely good imo, but I haven't watched the TV show. The film is on Prime at the minute, it was on Iplayer before also not sure if it's still there

Both the film and the series are great, though I prefer the series (was on iplayer last time I looked)

Both. Tried the series first cos that's what mates were raving about. Even though Kayvan Novak usually makes me laugh, I just didn't even giggle. Three goes at watching that, different episode each time... Just... Nothing.

I tried the film after a couple of the episodes and again, it just left me, sort of... 'smiling but not laughing' of that makes sense? Got about halfway through before getting distracted by something and just never went back to it. 

Only reason I mention it is that it really should be the sort of thing that makes me laugh. Maybe my sense of humour is changing as I get older? Oh God, I'll be laughing at Michael McIntyre next. Shoot me. 
  • Watching life of mars. Pretty good
    Blimey, my missus is watching "Life" but she is staying at home to do it.
  • Sponsored links:

Both. Tried the series first cos that's what mates were raving about. Even though Kayvan Novak usually makes me laugh, I just didn't even giggle. Three goes at watching that, different episode each time... Just... Nothing.

I tried the film after a couple of the episodes and again, it just left me, sort of... 'smiling but not laughing' of that makes sense? Got about halfway through before getting distracted by something and just never went back to it. 

Only reason I mention it is that it really should be the sort of thing that makes me laugh. Maybe my sense of humour is changing as I get older? Oh God, I'll be laughing at Michael McIntyre next. Shoot me. 
    Someone block this man from commenting before he says Mrs Brown Boys is hilarious
  • The sister.

Do yourselves a favour and don't waste four hours of your life like I just have!
    I recorded it rather than watched it and waited on the reviews before committing.
    Yours is one of the more positive I’ve seen, lol.
  • The sister.

Do yourselves a favour and don't waste four hours of your life like I just have!
    I recorded it rather than watched it and waited on the reviews before committing.
    Yours is one of the more positive I’ve seen, lol.
     Couldn't really be bothered to give it the time of day really mate.

It was truly shocking

• Really enjoyed the first episode of the Undoing.

I agree with others on The Sister, appallingly terrible.
  • Truth seekers.

Frost and Pegg

Not very good
  • Truth seekers.

Frost and Pegg

Not very good
    do you normally like their stuff?
  • The Undoing - on SKY looks promising  but don't watch if you are offended by the sight on a hot full frontal nude woman with great tits strolling around a gym changing room.

also Billions is back - best acting on TV.
    Thank you for the warning. I just wish the Radio Times would be that specific.
    Sounds like it's very offensive - will need to have a watch.
  • Is anyone watching Spitting Image? Not even mentioned, unless I missed it, presumably because it's on the ridiculous Britbox. I see the occasional clip they put up on Twitter. The Jurgen Klopp one was quite good.
    would love to watch it, cannot understand why it's not on ITV after the news, they've literally never had so much material to work with.....not paying £5.99 a month to watch it though!. 
    There’s a Spitting Image US election special on ITV tonight at 10pm - although think the second episode (presumably after the result) is back on Britbox.
  • Truth seekers.

Frost and Pegg

Not very good
    Agreed. Normally a fan of both. Paul is in my top 10 favourite films.  But this is up there with World’s End as a dud from them.  Frost is getting so big!  Needs to be careful. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Truth seekers.

Frost and Pegg

Not very good
    Agreed. Normally a fan of both. Paul is in my top 10 favourite films.  But this is up there with World’s End as a dud from them.  Frost is getting so big!  Needs to be careful. 
    I'm on episode 3 and enjoying it. I've got skin the game of telecoms so am appreciating the (slightly inaccurate) references 

Malcolm McDowell has some really good lines as does Elton John. I've jumped a couple of times but I am Cannon fodder for jump scares anyway. 

It feels like something Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are good at, slow start. 

With their stuff a lot of giggles are with background stuff and the references more than the storylines. 

Besides that they have made some of the funniest stuff I've watched and definitely earned my loyalty. 
  • The Trump show on iPlayer.
    A really good chronology about his four year term with lots of input from the hoards of people that have come and gone over that time.
    Quite unbelievable the things that he's got away with in the last 4 years!
  • Frost was on the Jonathan Ross show last week and he is absolutely huge. 
  • Third season of Suburra just been added to Netflix . The first two were very good 
  • cafc4life said:
    Third season of Suburra just been added to Netflix . The first two were very good 
     Excellent news.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Frost was on the Jonathan Ross show last week and he is absolutely huge. 
    Hes a big dude for sure 

Good rugby player back in the day I've been told, he doesn't booze anymore which may make what I'm about to say a bit weird but...

I find boozing a good way to drop weight, I don't tend to eat when drinking and generally have enormous dumps that rid me of the previous days food the day after boozing. Dont think its a recommended weight loss method but, it would well be he is now eating a lot of shit rather than boozing. Not only that, a lot of people keep weight off just by working and being on their feet during the day. Ive put a lot of weight on and I've been trying to do some cardio but spending the amount of time I am indoors is meaning I am boredom eating shit food 
  • Dead to Me - an easy watch with the missus. 
    Comedy drama with Christina Applegate - Just watched the two completed series and a 3rd and final series has just been announced. 

• Jints said:
    The Queen's Gambit on Netflix - very impressed by the first episode. Helps that the book is a favourite of mine but they've done it really well. 

I'm 2 episodes in.   Read the book and this is first class.   You don't have to play chess to watch it, but it will help
  • Not a series.....but watched The story of the Style Council on Sky Arts last night and really enjoyed it. 
  • Jints said:
    The Queen's Gambit on Netflix - very impressed by the first episode. Helps that the book is a favourite of mine but they've done it really well. 

I'm 2 episodes in.   Read the book and this is first class.   You don't have to play chess to watch it, but it will help
    Yeah, I binged the first three last night and really enjoyed it