Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited August 2020
    MrOneLung said:
    New series of Last Chance U out soon on Netflix on American college football. Last few series have been excellent and made me appreciate American football.
    Just finished watching this - a really good watch.
    Just finished season two and enjoyed it. Hope the new school in the  Next two seasons is as good. 
    Have watched all five series. Series 3 and 4 set at Independence College in Kansas is a great watch especially the coach Jason Brown.

Never really liked American football until I watched this. 
    Started it last week after being recommended on here. Flew through the first series and on the second one now. Really good. 
  • edited August 2020
    Valley11 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    New series of Last Chance U out soon on Netflix on American college football. Last few series have been excellent and made me appreciate American football.
    Just finished watching this - a really good watch.
    Just finished season two and enjoyed it. Hope the new school in the  Next two seasons is as good. 
    Have watched all five series. Series 3 and 4 set at Independence College in Kansas is a great watch especially the coach Jason Brown.

Never really liked American football until I watched this. 
    Started it last week after being recommended on here. Flew through the first series and on the second one now. Really good. 
    It gave me an insight into the students and the game itself which I'd never had before. I understand the game far better now and what a tough sport it is.

Certainly amongst the best sports documentaries I've seen.
  • Series 5 (2018) of Friday Night Dinner has just come on Netflix. Absolutely love this show, can’t believe I’d never heard of it before. Just watched the Season opener with the hot tub and it’s a cracker.

shalom 
  • Series 5 (2018) of Friday Night Dinner has just come on Netflix. Absolutely love this show, can’t believe I’d never heard of it before. Just watched the Season opener with the hot tub and it’s a cracker.

shalom 
    You’ll have to put up with the ads on All 4 for series 6

shalom 
    You’ll have to put up with the ads on All 4 for series 6
    The downside without the ads is the episodes only last for 22 mins!
  • Didn’t realise series 6 was viewable though @stackitsteve so cheers 
  • It’s one of my favourite shows.
    Im on a continuous cycle of all 6 series, complete the lot and start over again. Just the odd episode here and there. Like you say. Little more than 20 minutes. Perfect background stuff while cooking or washing up. 
  • You look nice tonight Jackie....
  • Just watched Steven Soderbergh’s 2011 film Contagion. 

Spookily like Covid situation. 
  • Just started watching the Cheer documentary series on Netflix about cheerleading - very interesting watch. Similar in style to 'Last Chance U' about US College football - director Greg Whiteley is involved with both.

Series is set in Texas so some real redneck input. The stunts etc in cheerleading are pretty impressive to watch and plenty of potential for injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can’t believe how much I’ve enjoyed The Last Dance on Netflix, it’s about an American sport star ffs
  • Can't recommend Kingdom enough on Netflix 

Michael Walther Hauser who plays Keith smashes it out of the park, brilliantly mental
  • Late to the party watching Designated Survivor. Love it,  love kiefer sutherland. Although the odd Jack Bauer flashback. "DAMN IT!".
  • Series 4/Book 4 of Strike starts Sunday on BBC.

the previous 3 series (7 episodes in total) are on iplayer
  • edited August 2020
    New series of Mortimer and Whitehouse gone fishing started last night.
    Not watched it yet but sure it will be good

Rewatched it the other day - better than I remembered, think the first time I fell into the "that's different from the books" trap first time around.
  • New series of Mortimer and Whitehouse gone fishing started last night.
    Not watched it yet but sure it will be good
    The feeling when you catch a salmon is great and you can see that in the two of them.
  • edited August 2020
    Series 4/Book 4 of Strike starts Sunday on BBC.

Rewatched it the other day - better than I remembered, think the first time I fell into the "that's different from the books" trap first time around.
    Yeah I’m gonna rewatch it this week ahead of Sunday.

I remember feeling the series was rushed, or rather missing a lot from the book, even more so than most tv adaptations. Trying to do it justice in just 2 episodes (for books 2 and 3) and 3 episodes (book 1) was a push.
    Seeing the next series is over 4 episodes is encouraging.
  • edited August 2020
    Not a new series as its been on YouTube Premium for a while but if anyone was a fan of the Karate Kid franchise its worth giving Cobra Kai a watch on Netflix

They've just added the first two seasons with the third coming out next year

Everyone is in it from the original (apart from Mr Miyagi), whilst it centres around Daniel LaRusso from the original films it covers a lot more around Johnny Lawrence who was the main bully in the first film, basically the two all but swap lives with LaRusso becoming the rich, successful businessman with Lawrence having an unsuccessful life and struggling as they both continue their rivalry

There are certainly enough flashbacks from the original whilst there are also a good few Easter Eggs

Just a shame each episode is only 30mins long
  • Anyone watching  Lovecraft Country on Sky Atlantic ?

Pretty gory at times and mad but it's my kind of series.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2020
    Not a new series as its been on YouTube Premium for a while but if anyone was a fan of the Karate Kid franchise its worth giving Cobra Kai a watch on Netflix

They've just added the first two seasons with the third coming out next year

Everyone is in it from the original (apart from Mr Miyagi), whilst it centres around Daniel LaRusso from the original films it covers a lot more around Johnny Lawrence who was the main bully in the first film, basically the two all but swap lives with LaRusso becoming the rich, successful businessman with Lawrence having an unsuccessful life and struggling as they both continue their rivalry

There are certainly enough flashbacks from the original whilst there are also a good few Easter Eggs

Just a shame each episode is only 30mins long
     Great shout.

Watched the original Karate kid films with my boys recently.

This looks good

I watched the first couple of episodes and quite liked the show but the deep south accents were hard to follow.
  • Ted Lasso - not great but Chris Powell does make an appearance on episode 2. Sadly the episode closes to the sound of glad all over. 
  • Just binged watched Brassic. I liked it. Funny and liked the characters.
  • Ted Lasso - not great but Chris Powell does make an appearance on episode 2. Sadly the episode closes to the sound of glad all over. 
    I quite like it, Ted is quite endearing, some good lines, however, sorry to say but SCP is very wooden in his fleeting appearance 
  • I Hate Suzie on Atlantic. 
    Written by and starring Billie Piper.....about a C list celebrity caught up in a tabloid sex pic phone hack scandal. Really enjoying it. 

I watched the first couple of episodes and quite liked the show but the deep south accents were hard to follow.
    only watched the first one so far and we had to put subtitles on at one point. there was a lot of mumbling as well as the accents
  • Thought I'd give Snowpiercer a go. 
    The first episode is dull and doesn't shout out that this is a show to stick with. I left it over a month before I gave it another go.
    The first half of the season remains slow moving but gradually pulls you in. By the end of the season things really pick up and now I'm hoping it has multiple seasons. Season 2 has already been filmed and will come out next year. 

Binge watched these over the last couple days and really enjoyed it. Thought the 2nd series was the weakest but still good.