Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone catch late on Sunday night on BBC1 Pele,Argentina and the Dictators?

Told the story of Brazil and Argentinian success at the 70 and 78 world cups, amongst the back drop of the military and junta respectively running the countries.

300,000 Argentineans went missing under the late 70s/early 80s Junta regime. Apparently even today the government office in Buenos Aires is subjected to a protest March every Thursday lunch time by the mothers of the missing. Tragic.

On the Brazilian story it was great to see recent interviews with the great players, Gerson,  Jairzinho,  Tostao and of course Pele.
  • Options
    Just finished Black Spot on Netflix... Its from Belgium but a bloody good twisty turney series. 
  • Options
    Did anyone catch late on Sunday night on BBC1 Pele,Argentina and the Dictators?

Told the story of Brazil and Argentinian success at the 70 and 78 world cups, amongst the back drop of the military and junta respectively running the countries.

300,000 Argentineans went missing under the late 70s/early 80s Junta regime. Apparently even today the government office in Buenos Aires is subjected to a protest March every Thursday lunch time by the mothers of the missing. Tragic.

On the Brazilian story it was great to see recent interviews with the great players, Gerson,  Jairzinho,  Tostao and of course Pele.
    Saw it a while ago, must have been on another channel. Really enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Not a series but a decent, heartbreaking documentary on Netflix - Tell me who I am.

Don’t want to say more than it’s about twins, one of whom loses his memory and the journey back.

Better if you can watch without reading a full synopsis, but a fascinating watch regardless.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    Dark is the TV version of our Adams family song
    The Winden family.
  • Options
    Friday night dinner brilliant on channel 4 as always!! Very well written and very funny!! 
    Late to the party with this one but really enjoying it once you get past Simon Bird’s punchability. The dad is great and the episode where Jim comes to dinner (just watched) is the most I’ve laughed for ages. Proper belly laughs. 
  • Options
    Friday night dinner brilliant on channel 4 as always!! Very well written and very funny!! 
    Late to the party with this one but really enjoying it once you get past Simon Bird’s punchability. The dad is great and the episode where Jim comes to dinner (just watched) is the most I’ve laughed for ages. Proper belly laughs. 
    The fox episode was my favourite, great show.
  • Options
    The third series of young offenders starts 19th July on the BBC.
  • Options
    I have been watching 2 different programmers from Sky Box sets.

The first was Gomorrah.
    It is about the Italian mafia in the city of Naples.
    A very moody low budget version of the Sopranos, but very good. I am hooked on it and would recommend it.

The second is Condor.
    It says that this is loosely based on the 1980’s Robert Redford film The 6 Days of the Condor. Very similar to the film and a good watch. We watched two episodes a night for 6 nights. Also very enjoyable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kingdom 

Not the Japanese zombie thing this is one about a cage fighting family in California 

It's fairly basic but contained within his base some of it is are some very well filmed fights, plenty of swearing and tits and some individual stand out performances. Frank Grillo can't really act but he looks the business at however old he is and does the fighting and training stuff justice. It's his older son who really steals the show, properly mental and intense. Only 3 seasons, hope they make more I'm only on episode 2 of the last series and thoroughly enjoying it 
  • Options
    Peter crouch save our summer is a staple in our house at the moment.

Strangely addictive

..nothing to do with Maya Jama you understand

;-)
  • Options
    @Fanny Fanackapan

i know you used to watch This Is Us. 

We had been waiting for series 3 and 4 to show on Channel 4/E4 for two years but it was dropped, but have seen they are on Amazon Prime if you have not watched them yet. 
  • Options
    Peter crouch save our summer is a staple in our house at the moment.

Strangely addictive

..nothing to do with Maya Jama you understand

;-)

• Options
    Dark - brilliant. The ending was about as good as it's possible to get - up there with Breaking Bad as 'satisfying' finales go. One of the best TV shows I've ever watched.
  • Options
    Just started watching Dark based on the glowing reviews people have given it on here. Brilliant so far and even the wife loves it which is a bonus 
  • Options
    Dark - brilliant. The ending was about as good as it's possible to get - up there with Breaking Bad as 'satisfying' finales go. One of the best TV shows I've ever watched.
     Yeah. I've finally got around to start watching the Final series. About 4 in.
    The kill squad of the young boy ,old man & middle aged fella are one of the most chilling bad gangs you will ever see!
    ( For what it's worth I think they are the same person, but don't spoil it.)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The last episode was brilliant but episode 7 for me was on another level. Insanely good.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    @Fanny Fanackapan

i know you used to watch This Is Us. 

We had been waiting for series 3 and 4 to show on Channel 4/E4 for two years but it was dropped, but have seen they are on Amazon Prime if you have not watched them yet. 
    Ooh, thanks, MOL. 

I remember reading something about a new series but had seen nothing recently.

Sadly, we don't have Amazon Prime but might be able to access via a firestick we have ( don't ask ! Sorted by grandson...)
  • Options
    The last episode was brilliant but episode 7 for me was on another level. Insanely good.
     I've the last episode to watch.
    The last two I watched went into overdrive on the time flipping and made it complicated to follow.
     Things always go awry in dramas when time travel is involved.
    Shame
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     I've the last episode to watch.
    The last two I watched went into overdrive on the time flipping and made it complicated to follow.
     Things always go awry in dramas when time travel is involved.
    Shame
    I found episode 7 complicated but brought together everything that was confusing about the series. Essentially why they called it ‘between time’. 

Perhaps it’s one of those things you have to watch more than once. I followed the final series with a review website which helped answer any questions I had about the episode watched.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched Maigret with Rowan Atkinson? I can't think of a worse piece of casting. Maigret is s big, stoic character - Gambon was a good fit.
  • Options
    Last night Ep1 of new BBC 3 parter on Rupert Murdoch & family .. 
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the J Epstein docs on Netflix?

Shocking.
  • Options
    Not overly impressed with the end of Dark. It tied up a few loose ends but certainly didn't blow me away personally.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Not overly impressed with the end of Dark. It tied up a few loose ends but certainly didn't blow me away personally.
    *********SPOILER ALERT***********

I agree.
    In fact I didn't really enjoy the last series anywhere near as much as the first two.
    I could cope with the time travel aspect and the mystery, intrigue and darkness made it compelling viewing.
    Once the alternative realities were introduced my puny brain found it a struggle to keep up at times.
    I also felt it started to strain credulity at times, eg all the characters seeming to know that they were in the "wrong" time/"reality" would make life unliveable - all routine and function redundant.
    I found it increasingly difficult to suspend belief and buy into it.
    Also, I get why Jonas could not exist in the "real" reality, but why not Martha?

• Options
    Just worked my way through the second series of "What We Do In The Shadows" genius!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Just worked my way through the second series of "What We Do In The Shadows" genius!
    I enjoyed it but thought the quality dipped (slightly) compared to the first series. Giving Colin Robinson pretty much his own episode was genius though. I think I've worked with a few like him over the years.

Also, quite annoyed with myself that it took me so long to recognise Mark Hamill. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    First thing in which I’ve been able to watch Kayvan Novak. Never got whatever that ‘thing’ it is he usually does. 
    Big fan of Matt Berry
    The notion of vampires as daft cowardly squabbling ninnies is great
    Nice subtle development of Guillermo’s storyline too
  • Options
    I loved the Colin Robinson episode too.