Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Started watching it’s always sunny in Philadelphia. Hilarious, happy to work my way through 14 seasons.
    possibly the best comedy ever. how far have you got? season 1 is great but it doesn't really start until season 2
  • Just finished Devs, really enjoyed it but then I do love a bit of Garland.... what did @JiMMy 85 think of it?
  • 5 episodes in to Money Heist and was expecting more considering the rave reviews on here. Its okay and watchable but boy does it drag along in places where they are having their little heart to heart chats. 
  • Not new, but I'm rewatching Life on Mars on Netflix.  Very good, but it does seem Sam Tyler was always right and Gene Hunt wrong, which I didn't remember.

I think Ashes to Ashes was a bit more nuanced if I remember rightly.  And had better music in my opinion!!  Will watch that after LOM.
  • rina said:
    Started watching it’s always sunny in Philadelphia. Hilarious, happy to work my way through 14 seasons.
    possibly the best comedy ever. how far have you got? season 1 is great but it doesn't really start until season 2
    Sorry just seen this. I’ve stalled slightly the last week, so still on series 2 but will definitely start watching again. 
  • Not new, but I'm rewatching Life on Mars on Netflix.  Very good, but it does seem Sam Tyler was always right and Gene Hunt wrong, which I didn't remember.

I think Ashes to Ashes was a bit more nuanced if I remember rightly.  And had better music in my opinion!!  Will watch that after LOM.

I liked Life On Mars but can't seem to find Ashes To Ashes anywhere (bear in mind where I am). Any ideas?
  • Fumbluff said:
    Just finished Devs, really enjoyed it but then I do love a bit of Garland.... what did @JiMMy 85 think of it?
    Not watched it yet. It’s one of those I’m saving so I’ve always got something to look forward to. Like Desmond and his last Dickens book in LOST. 

I liked Life On Mars but can't seem to find Ashes To Ashes anywhere (bear in mind where I am). Any ideas?
    Sorry, just Netflix UK or iPlayer.  VPN?
  • edited May 2020
    I’ve just started series 5 of Bosch and noticed there is a series 6 so I’ve got plenty of TV to binge on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I did expect Money Heist to be slightly edgier after the rave reviews. Enjoyed S1 and 2. But had to switch off from S3. It reminds of a "nice" show I'd like to have circled in the TV Guide after Eastenders and before Brookside......back in the day!

• Finished the Umbrella Academy. Decent watch if you’re into quirky superhero stuff.
  • Saw a decent French film on Sky Cinema last night called The Wolfs Call. About a French nuclear submarine based initially around Iceland and those pesky Russians. The main man from The Bureau who plays Malotrou (sp) is in it.
  • we've only just watched After Life, I'm so far behind everyone with TV series......After Life was quality though
  • Just finished first series of after life. 

Thought ok as not a great fan of Gervais. 
  • Finished the Umbrella Academy. Decent watch if you’re into quirky superhero stuff.
    Really enjoyed Umbrella Academy. Didn't realise it was written by the lead singer of My Chemical Romance until last week - talented chap
  • Just watched We Hunt Together, a six part thriller made by the makers of Luther. I thought it was a good watch and is available on Alibi, a station I have never considered before.

Eve Myles is in it but sadly her police character does not allow us to see her with a glamorous look.
  • I found Unorthodox on Netflix to be excellent.
    Different and refreshing, with a good sense of completeness to the story, and some great performances.
    Illuminating. 
    A four episode series.
  • Did anyone else watch Vienna Blood?
     I really enjoyed it.
    Hope they make more.
  • Upload on Amazon Prime is good
  • Sponsored links:

• Fauda on Netflix is excellent 

Sorry, just Netflix UK or iPlayer.  VPN?

Didn't spot it on Netflix UK. My app isnt good for browsing. I'll givie it a try woth a VPN. Thanks
  • kodfish said:
    Fauda on Netflix is excellent 
    Agree, kodfish.

We've binge watched Caliphate, Fauda & most recently all 4 series of Money Heist and found them all exceptional.

Well worth doing battle at times with the subtitles. 
  • I’ll give Caliphate a go, I also enjoyed Money Heist
  • Money Heist is bobbins. Such a bloody stupid script and story. 
    White Lines, by the same producer/director, exactly the same. 
    Chuff. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Money Heist is bobbins. Such a bloody stupid script and story. 
    Chuff. 
    Just your opinion, of course.....
  • Just watched the first two episodes of Code 404 ... two of my favourite actors so was looking forward to it ... but what a pile of shit. 

So disappointing. 
  • stonemuse said:
    Just watched the first two episodes of Code 404 ... two of my favourite actors so was looking forward to it ... but what a pile of shit. 

So disappointing. 
    Ditto.
  • Dave on BBC 

Really good, at least one laugh out loud moment in each episode and beautifully snarky
  • Valley11 said:
    Money Heist is bobbins. Such a bloody stupid script and story. 
    Chuff. 
    I am with you re Money Heist, I will get to the end of Season 1 however unless the last few episodes explode into an action packed frenzy I will give the other seasons a miss.

I thought by the title this program it would be about bank robberies, bank robbers, hostages and action, however once the robbers got into the bank in Episode one they all hunkered down and have spent the rest of the time talking to each other and the hostages about their relationships, their parents and their feelings all while tinkling piano music plays in the background.