Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• edited February 2020
    Does anyone know if Norsemen is coming back to Netflix soon? Pretty sure season 3 is out now but nothing on Netflix about it. Hope they haven't dropped it
    Norsemen is a good watch. Looking forward to season 3 as well.
  • Binge watched Hinterland on Netflix.
    I remembered watching the first series years ago, but hadn't seen series 2 or 3.
    Brilliant, I thought
  • This Country(BBC)

Latest series just out. Second episode is beautifully written and very funny. Superb acting.
  • Sunderland till I die 2  is out this Friday on Netflix 
     I'm planning to watch one of these a week.
    I've had a quick look at our fixture list and it's written in the stars that I watch the final episode in the same week the we are once again consigned back to the hell of league one.

Oh the irony!
  • edited February 2020
    Enjoying Flesh and Blood. Also watched on box set two series of Deep State. Fox production about MI6 and CIA. A good watch. 
    I've had a quick look at our fixture list and it's written in the stars that I watch the final episode in the same week the we are once again consigned back to the hell of league one.

Oh the irony!
    My maths me be bad but I dont think its possible to be relegated in 6 weeks, that would be the first week of April with 5 or 6 games left haha
  • edited March 2020
    The second series of Race across the world starts next week, on BBC, really enjoyed the first series.

Oh the irony!
    And oh the potential symmetry of Sunderland getting promoted the year after the more famous Play Off Final....passing us as we get relegated. 
  • McBobbin said:
    My favourite Number 9 was set in an hotel, can’t remember exactly what happened but it was excellent.
    Is that the one which was in shakespearean rhyming couplets? That was a good one.

My favourite was 12 days of Christine, it was certainly the most hard hitting. Sheridan Smith was great in it
    Started watching inside number 9 recently and just got to the Sherida  Smith one.

Wow that was emotional, halfway through I thought maybe with the time skipping she was in a mental institution.

But the ending was so more emotional then I could ever have thought
  • Sponsored links:

• New series of Liar starts tonight.  Enjoyed the 1st series
  • I just asked Netflix Help about Sunderland and they have no release date they were prepared to offer me. So I cancelled, following my free trial. There was nothing else on there I was desperate to watch. My problem is I just don't much enjoy US stuff.

I did watch two Euro series which were pretty good. "1983" is Polish and is what they called "alt.history drama" set in 2013 but assuming that the fall of the Wall never happened, and  that a major act of rebellion-terrorism took place in 1983. It has some style. 

"Dogs of Berlin" is in some ways routine cop drama, but it does present what goes on in the estates of Berlin in much the same grim and gritty way that Spiral does for Paris. It also starts with the murder of Germany's no1 football player, who in this case is presented as a Turkish-German. The CGI work to present football scenes in the early episodes are pretty dire, but fortunately are not needed as the story unfolds. Quite compelling. 

• New series of Liar starts tonight.  Enjoyed the 1st series
    I did too, watched 20 minutes of last nights one and not sure I can be bothered with it now. should have started completely different story line imo
  • but the last series ended on a whodunnit.....
  • The Split has been great viewing. I don't know if anyone saw the new 'detective' series on ITV on Sunday night called McDonald & Dobbs? If not, don't bother. Worst two hours of TV in a long, long while.
  • The Split has been great viewing. I don't know if anyone saw the new 'detective' series on ITV on Sunday night called McDonald & Dobbs? If not, don't bother. Worst two hours of TV in a long, long while.
    Yeah been watching this.

Hannah gets right on my nerves though.
  • MrOneLung said:
    but the last series ended on a whodunnit.....

I know mate, just I wasn't feeling it last night. it could have been as I'd got in from pool and needed something a bit more light to watch. The whole who done it, doesn't necessarily build up this series. Not sure whether I will try again some point this week doubt it.
  • Yeah know what you mean about liar. Watched the first one and was looking  forward to it. However, I had completely forgotten about the scene where she drugs the rapist and drags him back to a hide out and ties him up!

Reckon this series will be a stinker
  • Liar turned out to be a disappointing, 3 episodes too long imo.
    Yeah that was pretty bad.
    I'm guessing there will be a who dunnit second series...
    No point, obvious who dunnit. The black coppers army wife.
    Series 2 will be a whodunnit (I reckon the son) or will be the son out to get revenge on Laura who has been made a police detective due to her ability to solve multiple crimes when she is not even a copper.
    don't bother watching it - it was his mum.
    Whilst I was going back to see if I had commented on the 1st series or not(still cant remember if I actually watched it) I saw these lol
  • edited March 2020
    Binge watched the first six episodes of the Netflix Grand Prix documentary during a sleepless night last night. Absolutely brilliant stuff. The episode with Haas imploding is like watching Veep with the team Principle losing  his nut and swearing brilliantly in English with a German accent. Also the episode with the unsuccessful young Red Bull driver is gripping. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just watched The Stranger. Enjoyable all the way through with a hint of dark humour throughout and good performances by the cast.
    I haven't read the book but I had a strong feeling that I'd seen it all before and easily predicted the killer(s) etc.
  • Seen the first 3 episodes of Hunters on Amazon. Following a group of vigilantes hunting ex Nazi's located in America. Enjoying it, but very dark in places, which you expect of course given the subject, but then offset by bizarre cabaret moments. Apparently related to real life events, not sure about the cabaret part of that!
  • Caught up on the last couple of episodes of Inside No 9.

I'd say this series hasn't quite lived up to the (extremely high) standards of the 4 series before but it's still one of the best things on TV.

The magician episode, Misdirection, was superbly done. 
  • Watched the first episode of Liar. My god how annoying is the lead detective. She makes it almost unwatchable.
  • Anyone watching the new series of Homeland? Usual twists and turns already
  • edited March 2020
    1st episode of series 5(Halloween Special) of Inside Number 9 is so weird, what with the 'Pretend technical difficulties' and going back to the 2nd ever episode ever briefly lol
  • Glad you're enjoying inside no.9 @paulie8290 it's a bit hit and miss but always interesting. Have you seen league of gentlemen and psychoville?
  • McBobbin said:
    Glad you're enjoying inside no.9 @paulie8290 it's a bit hit and miss but always interesting. Have you seen league of gentlemen and psychoville?
    No not seen either are they good
  • McBobbin said:
    Glad you're enjoying inside no.9 @paulie8290 it's a bit hit and miss but always interesting. Have you seen league of gentlemen and psychoville?
    For me, pure genius. But that's my sense of humour. Very dark, lots of horror references. Start with league of gentlemen, it's very funny. 
  • McBobbin said:
    McBobbin said:
    For me, pure genius. But that's my sense of humour. Very dark, lots of horror references. Start with league of gentlemen, it's very funny. 
    Where would I find them do you know