Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Mrs SB and I sat down to the first episode of COBRA last night after a big meal and a few drinks. Needless to say after about 20 mins we both fell asleep and woke up five minutes into episode 3!!!  Will start again tonight. From what I briefly saw, I’m finding Robert Carlisle’s accent a little odd to listen to and gosh how he’s aged!!

White House farm is a solo watch for me as Mrs SB is funny about watching things where harm comes to children or animals. I’ve watched it all so far and am enjoying it. Excellent performances form the excellent and much underrated Mark Addy and Stephen Graham who seems to be a bit flavour of the month at the moment and deservedly so. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Ross kemp at belmarsh was good, pretty funny seeing him high on spice. Tommy Robinson crying in his cell after giving it big spuds was also TV gold. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Ross kemp at belmarsh was good, pretty funny seeing him high on spice. Tommy Robinson crying in his cell after giving it big spuds was also TV gold. 
    Where is this on mate?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Where is this on mate?
    ITV player now dude, was a 2 part thing.. well worth a watch. 
  • Options
    Just finished Ladhood. Really clever idea of delivery and genuinely amusing 

King Gary was also a lot of fun 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Where is this on mate?
    ITV player now dude, was a 2 part thing.. well worth a watch. 
    Cheers was looking on Sky thinking it was gone already. Will watch this
  • Options
    Carter said:

King Gary actualy was pretty funny. Reminds me of a few people who have done ok for themselves and become proper snobs. 
  • Options
    Carter said:

Enjoyed Ladhood, also agree about King Gary .
  • Options
    Carter said:

King Gary actualy was pretty funny. Reminds me of a few people who have done ok for themselves and become proper snobs. 
    Tom Davies gets it, in the same way that Caroline Ahearne used to rest her soul not to mention Peter Kay with his tv stuff as opposed to standup

It's an exaggeration but like you, I recognised the characters and behaviours. 

Simon Day and Camille Coduri are brilliant as his parents, Simon Day gets some brilliant lines and his wife is spot on too, I don't know the actresses name but shes good in everything I've seen her in
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Carter said:

Tom Davies gets it, in the same way that Caroline Ahearne used to rest her soul not to mention Peter Kay with his tv stuff as opposed to standup

It's an exaggeration but like you, I recognised the characters and behaviours. 

Simon Day and Camille Coduri are brilliant as his parents, Simon Day gets some brilliant lines and his wife is spot on too, I don't know the actresses name but shes good in everything I've seen her in
    Simon Day as the dad is v good.
    If you havent read Simon Days autobiography i really reccomend it. He grew up in SE London and alot of the book is about his youth and the crime and violence he was involved in. Lots of local landmarks get mentionec you will surely know
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    My mate Lee was on that. Grew up playing football together but wasn’t particularly surprised he’s currently doing 21 years in there. Always was a lunatic if you got on the wrong side of him. He was the one who said his little girl is in Benidorm and he’s sharing the cell with the Irish bloke. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    My mate Lee was on that. Grew up playing football together but wasn’t particularly surprised he’s currently doing 21 years in there. Always was a lunatic if you got on the wrong side of him. He was the one who said his little girl is in Benidorm and he’s sharing the cell with the Irish bloke. 
    I've seen 2 people I know so far. 

I can well believe you about your mate. The type you check a stag WhatsApp group for before committing anything!
  • Options
    The Boys is one of my favourite shows but Karl Urban's mockney/Kiwi accent is comically bad.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I actually thought they were two of the soundest ones on it, 99% of the others seemed like you wouldn't want to cross paths with them on the outside. 
  • Options
    Just finished box set of Boys from the Blackstuff including the original Play for Today. 

Still as compelling as it was years ago, so many memorable performances. 
  • Options
    The cat killer on netflix is pretty good 
  • Options
    New series of Ray Donavan ruined by sound issues in later episodes.
  • Options
    The Boys is one of my favourite shows but Karl Urban's mockney/Kiwi accent is comically bad.
    Really enjoying it so far. 
    Urban does a proper Dick Van Dyke. But I like his character. Uses the c word more than any other character in TV history?
  • Options
    Don’t F**ck With Cats

wow, just wow, one messed up fella (and his mother)
  • Options
    New series of Curb Your Enthusiasm on new Sky Comedy channel at 2:05 tomorrow morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched the two part piece on the Jonestown suicides/murders .. absolutely harrowing story of the mass mind control exerted by a narcissistic fuck up over hundreds of vulnerable people looking for a meaning to their lives .. genuinely gripping and very troubling
  • Options
    Deadwater Fell on C4 is really good. I'm praying for a decent final episode, something that UK dramas seem to really lack.

The Outsider on SKY Atlantic is enjoyable so far.
  • Options
    Series Three of This Country should be out soon - this and People Just Do Nothing have been my favourite comedies of recent times.
  • Options
    Deadwater Fell on C4 is really good. I'm praying for a decent final episode, something that UK dramas seem to really lack.

Another couple of series we agree on, VG ! 

Liking Deadwater Fell and recording The Outsider. I've read the book but really looking forward to the interpretation for the screen. SK is usually less than complimentary of the latter...

Also finished all 6 episodes of The Sky on Netflix over a non football weekend.

DEFINITELY worth watching IMO. 
  • Options

Liking Deadwater Fell and recording The Outsider. I've read the book but really looking forward to the interpretation for the screen. SK is usually less than complimentary of the latter...

I can't find anything on 'The Sky' when i google it Fanny? Whats it about?
  • Options
    The Sky?
  • Options

I can't find anything on 'The Sky' when i google it Fanny? Whats it about?
    DOH !!!

Apologies , guys.

Meant to say "The SPY" !!!

This lack of signings is doing my 'ead in ! 
  • Options
    treadstone on Prime. 2 episodes in. So far good stuff with some impressive action scenes
  • Options
    Anyone seen Avenue 5 staring High Lawrie. Not sure if it's working for me at the moment. Trying tooo hard to be "funny"....
  • Options
    Anyone seen Avenue 5 staring High Lawrie. Not sure if it's working for me at the moment. Trying tooo hard to be "funny"....
    Gave up half way through the first episode.