Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Watched season 2 of The End of The Fucking World this week. I didnt really see the point of it. The new character Bonnie was very good and its very dark and scenic but just felt it should of been left as one season.
    Disagree, I initially couldn't work out how they could do a second series, but thought it was done really well. Liked the way they used flashbacks and the way Bonnie was brought into the equation.
    It was done well. The scenery, writing and music great as was the 1st season. But i dont see how they moved the main 2 characters on much. I just didnt see the point why not leave it how it was?  
  • Just finished the new Top Boy series.  Thoroughly enjoyed every episode. Great actors both new and old and I loved that so many locations were familiar. 
    Next on my list. Its been so long tho that i watched the 1st one can i just crack on or is there a need to rewatch the 1st again? Without giving too much away if you can thanks.
  • edited November 2019
    Just finished the new Top Boy series.  Thoroughly enjoyed every episode. Great actors both new and old and I loved that so many locations were familiar. 
    Next on my list. Its been so long tho that i watched the 1st one can i just crack on or is there a need to rewatch the 1st again? Without giving too much away if you can thanks.

I didn't rewatch the original 2 seasons but I probably should have. There were several secondary character story arcs that I'd completely forgotten about.
  • Just finished the new Top Boy series.  Thoroughly enjoyed every episode. Great actors both new and old and I loved that so many locations were familiar. 

I didn't rewatch the original 2 seasons but I probably should have. There were several secondary character story arcs that I'd completely forgotten about.

Cheers. I will rewatch I think
  • Top Boy is probably the best series I’ve seen this year along with the latest season of Gomorrah . 
  • Watched season 2 of The End of The Fucking World this week. I didnt really see the point of it. The new character Bonnie was very good and its very dark and scenic but just felt it should of been left as one season.
    With you on this @orpingtonRED. Thoroughly enjoyed season 1 but couldn’t engage with the first episode of season 2 at all and gave up before the end. 
  • I thought 2nd series was great after 1st episode. 
  • World on Fire - enjoyed this to the end but left on a cliffhanger waiting for the next series. But of a pain. 

The InBetween -  lasted 20 minutes. Utter tosh and typical sky glossy production that leaves me cold. 
  • edited November 2019
    Watched season 2 of The End of The Fucking World this week. I didnt really see the point of it. The new character Bonnie was very good and its very dark and scenic but just felt it should of been left as one season.
    I've just watched Series 1 which I thought was great, intrigued by Series 2 now, one for the train this week. 
  • Started to watch Treadstone last week, a series based on the Jason Bourne film franchise. I'm a big fan of the Bourne films. This TV series looked promising and I really enjoyed the first three episodes but felt it started to go a bit downhill since episode 4. I'll continue watching it but it has signs of turning into an average or even poor series....
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that it has been mentioned above but I do need to give a huge recommendation for the Netflix show Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories. It's a heart warming series which reminds me slightly of Cheers. A vibrant, fascinating and ever changing (apart from the few regulars) set of Japanese night owls gather in the the tiny restaurant each night while the owner (The Master) cooks them food & listens to their problems.

Series 2 has recently started on Netflix, but do start with Series 1 if interested in watching. It's actually much better to savour each episode one by one rather than to try & binge watch.
  • Blown away by Watchmen, my only appointment viewing at present. Exceptional.  Also enjoying The End of the F**ing  World and the Kominsky method. 
  • I'm sticking with watchmen but I havent got a fucken clue what is going on and I didn't get the film either but it looked pretty cool

I don't understand why rorshack has spawned a load of nasty bastards in masks but like I said, I didn't really understand the film beyond the shagging scenes, I think I knew what was happening there 
  • I know that it has been mentioned above but I do need to give a huge recommendation for the Netflix show Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories. It's a heart warming series which reminds me slightly of Cheers. A vibrant, fascinating and ever changing (apart from the few regulars) set of Japanese night owls gather in the the tiny restaurant each night while the owner (The Master) cooks them food & listens to their problems.

Series 2 has recently started on Netflix, but do start with Series 1 if interested in watching. It's actually much better to savour each episode one by one rather than to try & binge watch.
    That was me who mentioned the series above. I've read quite a bit of the manga it's based on, and while some of the stories are the same, The Master is not nearly as sympathetic as he is in the two series on Netflix. I track down some of the older series on-line last year, which have a slightly different rhythm, but the same food-themed stories revolving around the Midnight Diner.
  • Watching the fact-based drama Monzon on Netflix, about the great Argentinian boxer and his wife's suspicious death. Flashes backward and forward to his boxing career and the resultant womanising, to the story's present where he's in jail and the police are investigating his wife's death, plus the back and forth of the opposing lawyers. 

No spoilers please by boxing fans who already know how it turned out for him.
  • I started Atypical on Netflix, quite easy to watch. Bit of a comedy, but quirky series about a boy who has autism but is trying to learn how to date.
  • Anyone else watching Mr Robot? I didn't realise 7 episodes of season 4 were available so I've just rushed through them. 

I wasn't happy Vera came back but what a latest episode! Such a smart, original and well shot show. 
  • hawksmoor said:
    Watching the fact-based drama Monzon on Netflix, about the great Argentinian boxer and his wife's suspicious death. Flashes backward and forward to his boxing career and the resultant womanising, to the story's present where he's in jail and the police are investigating his wife's death, plus the back and forth of the opposing lawyers. 

No spoilers please by boxing fans who already know how it turned out for him.
    Yeah, it didn't turn out very well for Monzon, after all.
  • Any Phillip Pullman fans watching the 'His Dark Materials' adaptation on BBC/HBO? What are your thoughts?

I really love the books so I was nervous they might make a dogs dinner of the source material like the dire film did. They're messing around with the timelines a little bit, but I think they seem to be capturing the essence of each character much better. It's been a bit slow starting, as these epic HBO series often are, but I felt it kicked into gear last night with the arrivals of Iorek Byrnison and Lee Scorsby.

• Any Phillip Pullman fans watching the 'His Dark Materials' adaptation on BBC/HBO? What are your thoughts?

I really love the books so I was nervous they might make a dogs dinner of the source material like the dire film did. They're messing around with the timelines a little bit, but I think they seem to be capturing the essence of each character much better. It's been a bit slow starting, as these epic HBO series often are, but I felt it kicked into gear last night with the arrivals of Iorek Byrnison and Lee Scorsby.

enjoying it, it's well cast and well made. a million times better than the last adaptation
  • Sponsored links:

Really enjoying it so far - making me want to re-read the books. The film was an unmitigated disaster so it is nice to see them having another go and succeeding. I wonder if they will do the book of dust series if this one proves to be a success (I presume so).
  • Loving The Mandalorian.

Also smashed through Chernobyl last week.Really good.

I've only read the books once and that was a long time ago. I can't remember it all in detail, just the main points. Enjoying this series. It's well cast and think the pacing is just about right.

Not read the books but am enjoying it.
  • The Sinner .. BBC4 Saturdays .. second round of the psychological detective series .. always interesting

Haven't caught up on last nights but the first 3 were very good. 
  • The Sinner .. BBC4 Saturdays .. second round of the psychological detective series .. always interesting
     Bill Pulman's looking old (then again I suppose we all are) and he doesn't quite look all there. Has he had an illness or something...?
     Bill Pulman's looking old (then again I suppose we all are) and he doesn't quite look all there. Has he had an illness or something...?
    I’ve wondered that for a while. He’s been in a few things over the last few years and looks old beyond his years. Big bushy beard doesn’t help (can’t remember what series it was I saw recently when he had one). 
    I’ve wondered that for a while. He’s been in a few things over the last few years and looks old beyond his years. Big bushy beard doesn’t help (can’t remember what series it was I saw recently when he had one). 
    Stress of being the President ages you.