Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Tv series (REMEMBER: No Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Stranger Things is superb. Been buzzing for this series.
    Totally agree re series 1 & 2 but wondering whether you've caught up with the whole of series 3 yet ....

We finished the final episode last night and I must admit to being somewhat underwhelmed , sadly. 
  • Options
    Totally agree re series 1 & 2 but wondering whether you've caught up with the whole of series 3 yet ....

We finished the final episode last night and I must admit to being somewhat underwhelmed , sadly. 
    Dustin was again easily my favourite 
  • Options
    Watched 'war in the blood' on the BBC last night about the breakthrough cancer trial Cart T therapy.
    It followed two patients through their journeys.
    Real rollercoaster that was hard to watch at times.
     I normally avoid these shows and this bought back painful memories but it was really well filmed and I couldn't stop watching. The stuff these genetic scientists are doing is unbelievable.
    As I say. Very difficult to watch at times but well worth it imo.
    I totally agree. Hard to watch but the advances in medical science give real hope that one day soon cancer can be beaten.
  • Options
    Really enjoying Big Little Lies, excellent acting, great script, can’t wait for the next episode.
  • Options
    For all you Doc Martin fans they were filming a part of the new series on the beach we were on in North Cornwall today. Rumours were Martin Clunes had called it a day but I can confirm this is not true.

What beach Mike  ??

• Options
    Just saw final episode of Sumner of rockets...series had a great build up , good story, well acted but the finale was a real let down. Disappointed. 
  • Options
    Really enjoying Big Little Lies, excellent acting, great script, can’t wait for the next episode.

I preferred the first series, doesn't seem as dramatic this one. The nan annoys me too
  • Options

I preferred the first series, doesn't seem as dramatic this one. The nan annoys me too
    Nooooo...........Meryl Streep is superb in this series. 

I love the shallowness of Laura Dern's character too..........."I will not, not be rich"
  • Options

Nooooo...........Meryl Streep is superb in this series. 

I love the shallowness of Laura Dern's character too..........."I will not, not be rich"

I think its just her character and she is supposed to wind people like me up, really grates on me lol

quite like Shailene Woodley something about her :)

I think its a bit slower this season for me, still enjoy it but enjoyed Series 1 a lot more.

• Options
    Can’t believe The Warrior hasn’t had more hype around it. I thought it was superb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For all you Doc Martin fans they were filming a part of the new series on the beach we were on in North Cornwall today. Rumours were Martin Clunes had called it a day but I can confirm this is not true.

What beach Mike  ??

Treyarnon Bay
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Just saw final episode of Sumner of rockets...series had a great build up , good story, well acted but the finale was a real let down. Disappointed. 
    Watched the finale last night and have to agree with you. But at least we got to enjoy yet another masterclass from Timothy Spall, possibly my favourite living British actor.
  • Options
    I thought Summer of Rockets was nice, and even the denouement was OK, but just after it finished I was more diverted than impressed.
    However since it finished (and this might be about my generation) I have found myself frequently reflecting on some of the issues and dilemmas raised...the show has had a lingering quality which has quite surprised me.
  • Options
    I've just finished Chernobyl. Brilliant drama. Can't wait for season 2.
  • Options

Have to agree Fanny. The intrigue, mystery and suspense of the first 2 series seemed to give way to kids TV rent-a-monster stuff.
    To be fair I did watch it through and enjoyed it up to a point
  • Options
    Binge watched all of the latest seies of Killing Eve  last night.
    Cracking stuff.
  • Options
    Binge watched all of the latest seies of Killing Eve  last night.
    Cracking stuff.
    Loved the bully scene.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I thought Summer of Rockets was nice, and even the denouement was OK, but just after it finished I was more diverted than impressed.
    However since it finished (and this might be about my generation) I have found myself frequently reflecting on some of the issues and dilemmas raised...the show has had a lingering quality which has quite surprised me.
    I agree with that too, Seth, for example the extent to which anti-semitism was pretty unremarkable behaviour within the "establishment" in the 50s. Very topical right now. 
  • Options
    Is there going to be a second season? I thought it was just a limited series?
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    Is there going to be a second season? I thought it was just a limited series?

Sorry Jessie, lame joke. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just finished all four seasons of Narcos. Simply great beyond words. I can't believe I only watched a few episodes of season one back in 2015 but the good thing is I got to watch all 40 episodes in one go. Hopefully the series will continue as long as possible - maybe telling stories all the way to Guzman being sentenced to life recently.  :D
  • Options
    Just finished season 2 of Dark.
    I love it. it's like Lost on steroids.

I haven't a scooby what's going on!
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Barely a mention, but am I the only viewer who thinks Gentleman Jack is really good, with Susanne Jones absolutely excellent?
    I've no idea but Gentleman Jack, starring Suranne Jones, was fine Sunday evening entertainment.  Ms Jones is quite the versatile performer.  Excellent contributions from Gemma Whelan, Timothy West and Sophie Rundle, to name but 3 of the top quality cast.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the second series of Big Little Lies as much as the first but one of the things that made them both so interesting, in addition to the plot, the acting and the star studded cast is the soundtrack from Michael Kiwanuka's "Cold Little Heart" to Willie and Paula Nelson's version of CCR's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" 

• Options
    Enjoyed the second series of Big Little Lies as much as the first but one of the things that made them both so interesting, in addition to the plot, the acting and the star studded cast is the soundtrack from Michael Kiwanuka's "Cold Little Heart" to Willie and Paula Nelson's version of CCR's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" 

Echo that entirely. Can’t wait till next season. 
  • Options

Was that the finale of series 2? Thought that was a cracking episode!
  • Options

Was that the finale of series 2? Thought that was a cracking episode!

it was. can't believe I wrote 'season'.
  • Options
    Finished The Looming Tower last night. Excellent. Need to read up about the real life  characters involved. 
  • Options
    Just finished season 2 of Dark.
    I love it. it's like Lost on steroids.

I haven't a scooby what's going on!

It’s cool, I thought there were 10 episodes rather than 8 so I was especially taken by surprise by the ending!

I kind of get it but there are a lot of characters and relationships that are complicated by the loops. It’s a bit ‘Twin Peaks’ which gives me the urge to re-rewatch The Return soon.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Finished The Looming Tower last night. Excellent. Need to read up about the real life  characters involved. 
       I can tell you the John O'Neill story is pretty much on the money.

The fact he actually died in the 911 attacks has a shocking irony to it.